• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobby Hauck returning home...

GrizBacker04

News out of UNLV is that AD Jim Livengood is retiring on June 30. Not that there wasn't already a lot of pressure on Bobby Hauck to win now, that only figures to up the ante so to speak. Have another 2-win season and odds are the new AD (depending on who it is) would likely let Bobby and the staff go. He signed a two-year extension through 2014, so it would cost about $350K to buy him out if that is what ultimately were to happen.

Hmmm, seems to me that UM might have a coaching vacancy at the end of this season.

Of course, odds of all of this happening are slim-to-none, but as Lloyd Christmas once said... "So you're saying there's a chance?!?!?!"

I'm not totally sure how I would feel about Hauck returning... he's a proven winner, but I think some of the cultural problems in Griz football can be attributed to his leadership.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

GrizMusician said:
I'm not totally sure how I would feel about Hauck returning... he's a proven winner, but I think some of the cultural problems in Griz football can be attributed to his leadership.

I feel the same. Dude was a great coach, but I highly doubt Haslam or Engstrom would be okay hiring him again if he did apply.

Plus, he could probably make a lot more as an assistant in the Pac-12 or maybe even NFL.

I just don't see Hauck as coach of UM again any more plausible than Pflu being UM coach again.

Bobby wasn't a fan of the playoffs at all. I'd expect he would look to land a coordinator job somewhere in the Mountain West or Pac 12/Big 12 before he'd consider coming back to the FCS.

firstdown-montana... said:
The chances of Bobby Hauck returning are about as slim as the chances of Tom Hauck returning...

There's a better chance of Pflu getting hired back than Bobby Hauck. :lol:

GrizMusician said:

Disagree. Perhaps some of the problems might be attributed to him. Though the bulk of the problems are a direct result of the lack of strong leadership which followed Hauck.
:ugeek:

Grizzlies1982 said:
GrizMusician said:

Disagree. Perhaps some of the problems might be attributed to him. Though the bulk of the problems are a direct result of the lack of strong leadership which followed Hauck.
WRONG

WaGriz4life said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
GrizMusician said:

WRONG

I think it would be fair to say that each shares some culpability.

Is this a song?

Bobby is coming home ohh ...... Lord Bobby is coming home ohhhh .........my.

Not a chance. Alpha would veto this hire!

Brock Landers said:
Paging Grizoola
It's Grizzoola, thank you. I agree this will be a make or break season for BH. However, I believe he finally has the team he's been building for the last 3 years. I could not believe he lost to NAU, when at UM he beat them consistently, same coach, & all. But now, he has guys he brought in, matured under him, understand his system of football, have bought into it. Just like at UM.

I think UNLV's problem is not the coach: It's the UNLV culture, which is more invested in basketball. UNLV has brought in a variety of coaches, over the years, but UNLV"s record has not significantly improved. In fact, if BH blows this season, I'd suggest UNLV drop football entirely & concentrate on basketball, the program it and its fans truly love. If BH thought he could make a difference in that culture, he was mistaken. Live & learn.

As you all know, BH is a helluva hard-working coach, a good recruiter, altho some of you have questioned his game management. He's already got guys he developed invited to NFL spring camps. Altho I hate to say this, & many of you may disagree, but I do believe he brought in some talented but socially questionable kids at UM. At UNLV, when he came in, I'm sure Livengood put the kibosh on that. Witness the Ty Gregorak situation as an example. It could be or not be the reason for his lack of success, so far. I prefer to believe it is not.

GrizMusician said:

6-32 is not a proven winner...............sorry

Grizzoola said:
Brock Landers said:
Paging Grizoola
It's Grizzoola, thank you. I agree this will be a make or break season for BH. However, I believe he finally has the team he's been building for the last 3 years. I could not believe he lost to NAU, when at UM he beat them consistently, same coach, & all. But now, he has guys he brought in, matured under him, understand his system of football, have bought into it. Just like at UM.

I think UNLV's problem is not the coach: It's the UNLV culture, which is more invested in basketball. UNLV has brought in a variety of coaches, over the years, but UNLV"s record has not significantly improved. In fact, if BH blows this season, I'd suggest UNLV drop football entirely & concentrate on basketball, the program it and its fans truly love. If BH thought he could make a difference in that culture, he was mistaken. Live & learn.

As you all know, BH is a helluva hard-working coach, a good recruiter, altho some of you have questioned his game management. He's already got guys he developed invited to NFL spring camps. Altho I hate to say this, & many of you may disagree, but I do believe he brought in some talented but socially questionable kids at UM. At UNLV, when he came in, I'm sure Livengood put the kibosh on that. Witness the Ty Gregorak situation as an example. It could be or not be the reason for his lack of success, so far. I prefer to believe it is not.

I know you are a hack but seriously you lowered the bar with this post.

Even you should have been able to throw in more excuses in this post than you already did.........quit being half assed and do it right.

:coffee:

GrizMusician said:

Did he prove himself at UNLV ?

Grizzlies1982 said:
GrizMusician said:

BS

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
GrizMusician said:

6-32 is not a proven winner...............sorry

spsyk said:
GrizMusician said:

Did he prove himself at UNLV ?

Good point. :???:

Back