• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Conference Stadium Power Rankings

oGriz

College Football: Big Sky Conference Stadium Power Rankings
By Alan Black, Bleacher Report, August 22, 2013
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1746394-college-football-power-ranking-the-big-sky-conference-stadiums" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Big Sky Conference now has 13 members competing in football. 11 of those teams are full conference members, while two (Cal Poly and UC Davis) are football-only members. Some of those teams have a rich history of success, while others are still working on that. Like the teams themselves, there is a wide range of stadiums in the conference. Here is a power ranking of those 13 stadiums.

1. Washington-Grizzly Stadium (Montana); Year Opened: 1986 (of course)
2. Aggie Stadium (UC Davis); Year Opened: 2007
3. J. Lawrence Walkup Skydome (Northern Arizona); Year Opened: 1977
4. Bobcat Stadium (Montana State); Year Opened: 1973
5. Elizabeth Dee Shaw Stewart Stadium (Weber State); Year Opened: 1966
6. Jeld-Wen Field (Portland State); Year Opened: 1926
7. Alex G. Spanos Stadium (Cal Poly); Year Opened: 1935
8. Alerus Center (North Dakota); Year Opened: 2001
9. Hornet Stadium (Sacramento State); Year Opened: 1969
10. Eccles Coliseum (Southern Utah); Year Opened: 1967
11. Roos Field (Eastern Washington); Year Opened: 1967
12. Nottingham Field (Northern Colorado); Year Opened: 1995
13. Holt Arena (Idaho State); Year Opened: 1970

Ranked by Capacity

25,203 - Washington-Grizzly Stadium (Montana)
21,195 - Hornet Stadium (Sacramento State)
20,438 - Jeld-Wen Field (Portland State)
17,777 - Bobcat Stadium (Montana State)
17,312 - Elizabeth Dee Shaw Stewart Stadium (Weber State)
13,500 - Alerus Center (North Dakota)
12,000 - Holt Arena (Idaho State)
11,075 - Alex G. Spanos Stadium (Cal Poly)
10,743 - Aggie Stadium (UC Davis)
10,000 - J. Lawrence Walkup Skydome (Northern Arizona)
8,600 - Roos Field (Eastern Washington)
8,533 - Nottingham Field (Northern Colorado)
8,500 - Eccles Coliseum (Southern Utah)

Washington-Grizzly Stadium

The appearance of WaGriz at the top of these rankings should come as no surprise, as it is arguably the top stadium in the entire FCS. The stadium is steeply built, putting the fans almost right on top of the field. Think of it as the FCS equivalent of Oregon's Autzen stadium. The fans are just as rabid too. Only a couple select FCS teams enjoy as much of a home field advantage as the Grizzlies. The team could easily move up to the FBS level if it so desired, but chooses to stay at the FCS level, making the WaGriz stadium experience arguably the best in the FCS, like a giant amongst men.

Jeld-wen and Stewart probably belong ahead of Reno Sales Stadium in my opinion. Decent ranking, though.

I think it's a little funny seeing ewu(Washington's Grizzly Stadium) so close to the bottom. Really interested to see what kind of massive renovations they're talkin' about.

Would agree somewhat with the Autzen comparison to wagriz. Made two trips to Eugene and atmosphere, noise and fans on top of field is comparable to a degree. Would rate Jeldwin higher after recent renovations. Reno Sales heady big in right direction but still a ways to go. EWU is a mess .....they should start over. Holt is plain bad news with its painted concrete surface, even Kibbie is better!

Looks like he got all his info. from wiki and based his rankings on the pictures. I'd put the number of these stadiums that he has actually visited at 1 or 2.

KoolMoeDee said:
Looks like he got all his info. from wiki and based his rankings on the pictures. I'd put the number of these stadiums that he has actually visited at 1 or 2.
Looks like you're doing nothing but speculating.

KoolMoeDee said:

Agreed. No way in hell Reno Sales is the 4th best stadium in the BSC. There are at least 6 better.

There is no way on God's green earth that the Walkup Skydome is a better stadium than Cal Poly's.

No way.

My top ten best and worst FCS stadiums
http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59969" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back