• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Conference Picks -- Week 1

get'em_griz

DONOR
Alright, it's that time of year! With Big Sky teams playing their first games next Thursday, who do you think will be winners or losers to start the season?

Thursday 8/29

Southern Utah @ S. Alabama
Valparaiso @ North Dakota
Monmouth @ Montana State
Sac State @ San Jose State
E. Oregon @ Portland State

Friday 8/30

NAU @ Arizona

Saturday 8/31

UC Davis @ South Dakota
Langston @ Northern Colorado
Eastern Washington @ Oregon State
San Diego @ Cal Poly
SFA @ Weber State
App State @ Montana

Thursday 8/29

Valparaiso @ North Dakota
Monmouth @ Montana State
Sac State @ San Jose State
E. Oregon @ Portland State

Friday 8/30

NAU @ Arizona

Saturday 8/31

UC Davis @ South Dakota
Eastern Washington @ Oregon State
San Diego @ Cal Poly
SFA @ Weber State
App State @ Montana

Cujo said:
Thursday 8/29

Saturday 8/3

I agree with you on all games that you have other than the two above. But I do think that with all things considered Northern Colorado should win out against Langston, although Northern Colorado might just not be all that far removed from 2011 when they lost to Lindenwood. But they should be...I think.

I chose SUU of the BSC over an FBS team in Southern Alabama in what could be considered a mild upset. This being, although Southern Alabama is a member of the Sun Belt Conference, they were only 2 - 11 last year with one of their victories (score 9 - 3) against a 1 - 10 Nichols State. I would think Southern Utah could do better than that. Maybe.

WyomingGrizFan said:
Cujo said:
Thursday 8/29

Saturday 8/3

I agree with you on all games that you have other than the two above. But I do think that with all things considered Northern Colorado should win out against Langston, although Northern Colorado might just not be all that far removed from 2011 when they lost to Lindenwood. But they should be...I think.

I chose SUU of the BSC over an FBS team in Southern Alabama in what could be considered a mild upset. This being, although Southern Alabama is a member of the Sun Belt Conference, they were only 2 - 11 last year with one of their victories (score 9 - 3) against a 1 - 10 Nichols State. I would think Southern Utah could do better than that. Maybe.

The ONLY reason i picked USA is due to Sorenson graduating and the SUU offense being rather unknown replacing their star QB. So I considered the game a toss up and gave it to the home team.

Latest posts

Back