• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"Big News" at NAU

NAU joining the Sunbelt?? Jerome contract extension?? NAU athletics certified "Thug free"??
oh the suspense.........

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I'm guessing this has something to do with the Cardinals and their training camp. They were looking to possibly move it down to the valley and have it out in Glendale however a lot of people wanted it to stay up in Flagstaff. Glendale was suppose to have some sort of a vote on whether or not to help the Cardinals build some additional indoor practice facilities yesterday:

From the AZ Republic on the 6th:
Q: When would this happen?

A: Beginning with camp this summer, but we’ll likely know the Cardinals’ intentions this month. It was on the Glendale City Council’s workshop agenda for Tuesday. According to Glendale reporter Paul Giblin, the council could do almost anything in that session except vote on it, including have staff draw up contracts. The next council meeting is scheduled for March26, but a special meeting could be called before that. A vote could be taken there.

The tweet:

NAU Football ‏@NAU_Football 3h
NAU Football Head Coach Jerome Souers on today's Mitch and Joe Show 4:45 pm PDT. Big news announcement!

If Jacks got SBC offer they would take it in a second. This may be the only way for them to continue to play ASU and UofA in money games. If the BCS conf schools stop playing FCS it would be a big blow to NAU.

A good many FCS programs could feel the crunch should this happen, which only seems realistic. Why would ESPN and Fox Sports etc want to pay the millions they do for TV deals to have FCS games being played.

I think this is why App State and GSU are making the move. Get paid million plus to play a BCS school and work out home and away deals with the likes of MWC, CUSA, MAC etc. All better than playing a DII school and having an OCC with some FCS program that there fans have no care or oncern of in front of 2000 people on away games.

No I think a home and away with Wyo, Colorado State, App State, GSU is much more appealing.

If NAU gets a deal like this take it Jack and leave the BSC behind!

Is the big news the announcement of the spring football game going to be Broadcast by Fox Sports Arizona?

grizfnz said:
NAU joining the Sunbelt?? Jerome contract extension?? NAU athletics certified "Thug free"??
oh the suspense.........

Sunbelt...ugh. Hard to imagine a situation where travel would be longer than the Big Sky but Sun Belt would be a lateral move at best. I think Jerome Souers earned himself 1-2 more years based on last year's 8-3 record. It'll be interesting to see where the media and coaches rank the Jacks going into next season. Thug free... :lol: I wouldn't go that far but things have been cleaned up significantly in the last few years. Maybe it's the lack of thugs holding them back athletically?

Spring game on Fox Sports it is, though. Little things like this don't hurt in regards to recruiting.

MT Jack said:
grizfnz said:
oh the suspense.........

Sunbelt...ugh. Hard to imagine a situation where travel would be longer than the Big Sky but Sun Belt would be a lateral move at best. I think Jerome Souers earned himself 1-2 more years based on last year's 8-3 record. It'll be interesting to see where the media and coaches rank the Jacks going into next season. Thug free... :lol: I wouldn't go that far but things have been cleaned up significantly in the last few years. Maybe it's the lack of thugs holding them back athletically?

Spring game on Fox Sports it is, though. Little things like this don't hurt in regards to recruiting.

And for a school that has struggled to get ANY traction in its home state, this IS a big deal.

Latest posts

Back