• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Best game

hm.grwn.grizfan

DONOR
Overall, the best game we've played in two years IMO....we had not pulled out a gutsy win since 2011. This one felt real good. I didn't think it would be this close, but I'm glad it was. This team has a taste of winning games the hard way; Grind it out for 4 quarters and hope you have an opportunity to seal the deal .....We have an absolutely huge game next week, that has the potential to determine the conference championship. Il be there screaming my ass off! I'm so proud to be a Griz after a game like this!!!!

Go Griz!!!

Da Boyz Mom said:
Best two minutes maybe. Offensive playcalling needs help.

This! I sat in the south end zone and watched some very bad play calling today. This O line is slow and we better have a pass first mentality going forward. Cal Poly was fast and tough in the middle. KH needs to pull his head out and start slinging the ball. JJ's interception was under thrown and would have been a TD. Pass the damn ball. Then again I have never played the game.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Overall, the best game we've played in two years IMO....we had not pulled out a gutsy win since 2011. This one felt real good. I didn't think it would be this close, but I'm glad it was. This team has a taste of winning games the hard way; Grind it out for 4 quarters and hope you have an opportunity to seal the deal .....We have an absolutely huge game next week, that has the potential to determine the conference championship. Il be there screaming my ass off! I'm so proud to be a Griz after a game like this!!!!

Go Griz!!!
It was a good game but we should have had at least 9 more points on the board than we did. There was not much good about the offensive play calling today until the end

Props to the team, especially the defense. There was no quit in them today. But why can't the offensive co-ordinators figure out that if something isn't working, you need to try something else. A little creativity goes a long long way.

Fahque said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Go Griz!!!
It was a good game but we should have had at least 9 more points on the board than we did. There was not much good about the offensive play calling today until the end
For sure.

It was either the best game, or, one of the worst. I thought the defense was good, the tackling was honestly the best it has been all year, and our offense was the worst it has been all year til the last 2 minutes.

Copper Griz said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

This! I sat in the south end zone and watched some very bad play calling today. This O line is slow and we better have a pass first mentality going forward. Cal Poly was fast and tough in the middle. KH needs to pull his head out and start slinging the ball. JJ's interception was under thrown and would have been a TD. Pass the damn ball. Then again I have never played the game.

Agree to an extent, If that throw was good it was six.

Disagree that Poly was dominant in the middle bacause we never ran it up the gut so we'll never know if we could, we ran endless stretch plays that are not our strength. Smaller D run it right at them, it's where our big line is best. I'd bet we have more 15 yards plus runs going north/south versus east/west this year. 4 yards right at the D and then use play action. Power football with our line fits their best Attributes. Yet we seem to have lost sight of this. Ram it down their throats until the opponent stops it, working pretty good for NDSU recently.

Mr. Greenjeans said:
Copper Griz said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Disagree that Poly was dominant in the middle bacause we never ran it up the gut so we'll never know if we could, we ran endless stretch plays that are not our strength. Smaller D run it right at them, it's where our big line is best. I'd bet we have more 15 yards plus runs going north/south versus east/west this year. 4 yards right at the D and then use play action. Power football with our line fits their best Attributes. Yet we seem to have lost sight of this. Ram it down their throats until the opponent stops it, working pretty good for NDSU recently.
Uhhh, they tried the entire game to run it up the gut. 3 times in a row as a matter of fact and failed. Hence the BOOOing.

NLGrizFan said:
Mr. Greenjeans said:
Copper Griz said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Uhhh, they tried the entire game to run it up the gut. 3 times in a row as a matter of fact and failed. Hence the BOOOing.

You must have watched a different game there sparky, if you are referring to the 3 straight rollouts on the 2 yard line. We may have a different definition of north/south, in my world rollouts aren't straight ahead, but if that works for you, it's cool, pat yourself on the back and bask in your football analysis awesomeness. It's good for your self esteem, so it's all good. :lol:

JayLarson said:
I thought the defense was good, the tackling was honestly the best it has been all year,
Do you usually tackle by just pushing, or is it a good thing to try to wrap up?Now I am confused. cause I thought I saw some some pretty poor technique today? Alpha, thoughts?

Why do you need Alpha's thoughts?? You too scared to have you own gotta have big bad tough Alpha say something for you?

The best part of a game like this is the team learned how to win a tight game! I agree with the op that a win like today will payoff down the road.

JayLarson said:
Why do you need Alpha's thoughts?? You too scared to have you own gotta have big bad tough Alpha say something for you?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JayLarson said:
That was just his polite way of saying you are fu*king clueless.

Hermy was putting on a ticketing clinic as he usually does. He gets low and wraps up most of the time. As for the rest of the players they were better but still need a ton of work.

Hermanson was amazing. I don't recall for certain, but he had the tackle on, literally, the first four or five plays of the game. You knew he was going to have a record game.

I thought the offense looked like the NAU travel team throughout three quarters. JJ tentative, missed blocks and uninspired running. Maybe missing Van had something to do with the lack of dynamics. I don't know enough to critique the play calls but why not use the fullback or Counts in short yardage along with extra Tight ends? Is like to see power running in that situation- we certainly have the beef for it. All in all though, I think the second half defense and the O's final drive and performance in OT were important to the character of this team. Everything else this year has been a blowout one way or another. It's nice to see the team has that old Griz heart- they will need more of that later on... The D rocked. I heard boos after the failed 4th and goal. The crowd was DEAD after that until the the D got it back.

Back