• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bad accident...Broadwater HS players involved.

grizavsfan

Horrible news. Prayers to the players, families and the Broadwater H.S. community.

http://www.kpax.com/news/1-dead-3-hurt-in-broadwater-county-rollover/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Beat me to it. Very sad to hear that one of the players has lost his life in this. :( prayers to the familes involved

I seen this on facebook, and posted for everyone to pray. Prayers to the individuals, team, families, school, and community.

This is terrible. Prayers to the family of the deceased child and prayers for the rest of the community. Hard to fathom such a tragedy.

Wow, thoughts and prayers to the family and community. It puts things in such perspective. God bless!

The older one gets -- and I'm well into geezer-hood -- the sadder it always seems when a young person dies, whether in an accident or a catastrophic illness.

And I'm struggling with a thought. Because of today's instant news, especially bad news (about school shootings in particular), I wonder whether our young people are better or worse than we were at dealing with terrible events like this.

Back when I was in high school, a classmate died from some sudden illness (I don't recall what, right now). Somehow, the death of a person we knew, of our age, hit us all harder than losing a grandparent or older friend. (Among other things, we dedicated our senior yearbook to his memory.)

Our kids/young people today better prepared from seeing death and violence so often on the news? Or does the media coverage make it all somehow unreal – and therefore worse when it hits close to home? I sure don't know.

As we keep the families in our prayers please keep the first responders in your prayers as well. These responders are volunteers and in a small community knew these kids and their families. They saw things and had to do things today that will stay with them the rest of their lives.

Tragic news. One of those situations in which a guy just feels helpless and sad. My thoughts and prayers to those involved, their families and the Townsend community.

Lovethecats75 said:
As we keep the families in our prayers please keep the first responders in your prayers as well. These responders are volunteers and in a small community knew these kids and their families. They saw things and had to do things today that will stay with them the rest of their lives.
Amen, brother.

The dad of one of my best buddies was a deputy sheriff, and was first on the scene to too many accidents, and saw too many young people -- including a god-daughter -- die right before his eyes. He was considered a "pretty tough nut" (and was not a big drinker), but it took him a long time, and considerable booze, to finally (sort of) put it behind him.

Very Sad. My thoughts go out to the family and friends of all those affected by this tragedy along with the entire community of Townsend.

He was a great kid....and was so excited to get to see his first Griz game in person tomorrow.

IdaGriz, I can guarantee you it still hits us hard. I lost a good friend last year in a accident and I along with my friends were just kind of in shock. Nobody really knew what to think. We're seniors in hs now and looking back through school pics with him it still hits hard. We've talked about it seriously everyday this week. Basically it doesn't get any easier regardless of how screwed up a world we're growing up in. Death is still death and it will always be something that is impossible for us to grasp. Especially when it hits so close to home.

i do love the griz said:
IdaGriz, I can guarantee you it still hits us hard. I lost a good friend last year in a accident and I along with my friends were just kind of in shock. Nobody really knew what to think. We're seniors in hs now and looking back through school pics with him it still hits hard. We've talked about it seriously everyday this week. Basically it doesn't get any easier regardless of how screwed up a world we're growing up in. Death is still death and it will always be something that is impossible for us to grasp. Especially when it hits so close to home.
Kinda what I thought. You "get over it" but it stays with you. (And it's been a half century for me.) Our classmate's name was Bob French, which I did not have to look up (although, having remembered, I did check to see if the yearbook said what he died from, but it didn't).

Not much else to say, is there? Except prayers and heartfelt sympathy for those directly affected.

Not too many years after graduation, our community loss a great member of it, at a very young age. R I P in Doobey. Those from T Falls know who I am referencing. Hope to make it home one day to play in his memorial golf tournament.

Here's some more information on the accident.

http://www.kpax.com/news/victim-of-fatal-accident-near-townsend-identified/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back