• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Backup QB

Griz2k

DONOR
Obviously just my opinion, but the future of this team is not Smithwick-Hahn. Why would you not bring in Gustafson to get him some game time experience?

Griz2k said:
Obviously just my opinion, but the future of this team is not Smithwick-Hahn. Why would you not bring in Gustafson to get him some game time experience?

totally agree. I would also have played McKinney before Hann.

I agree and was wondering as well - would have liked to see Trent's improvement over last year, if any. Trent would have taken that bootleg for 20 yards - SSH got 6 yards. Maybe next weekend.

Griz2k said:
Maybe because Smithwick-Hahn is a junior and won't see the fied in his career? Just guessing.

We were discussing the same thing. Shea has to realize that QB isn't in the future. Give Grady a shot.

Hammer said:
Griz2k said:

I double agree.....we are one q/b injury away to being a 500 football team...

Hammer said:
Griz2k said:

Ya, my bad. McKinney also. Heck, I'd take Simis (sp?) over Hahn.

I wonder if the put Hahn in because of possibility of UND getting chippy in frustration. UM plans was just hand the ball off to kill the clock. Why risk JJ or our actual leading back up QB!
Hahn is a big kid that could handle a chippy UND defense. Just a thought.

I'd have liked to see Gus get a few snaps, but I think S-H is our backup for THIS year...thus the snaps. OKPSU might be a better game to get the 3rd and deeper players some time in...hopefully

Hammer said:
Not to nitpick fellers but it's Hann, not Hahn.

Thanks Hammer. Either way you spell it, I pretty much think he's not a FCS level qb. Bring on someone else! Anyone!

This isn't a personal endictment on Brady Gustafson, but I find it interesting that Trent is No. 2/No. 3 on the depth chart even AFTER the offense has been revamped. Maybe they're just bringing Gus along slowly, I don't know. But this offense doesn't seem to fit Trent McKinney at all, yet he's going to play before Gustafson this season IF it ever comes to that.

montana_jack said:
I'd have liked to see Gus get a few snaps, but I think S-H is our backup for THIS year...thus the snaps. OKPSU might be a better game to get the 3rd and deeper players some time in...hopefully

This.

Mick has a Hard-on for SSH and nobody really knows why. He is a UM legacy kid so maybe family has something to do with it. If that happens again, Trent should transfer because Mick is continually fucking him over.

Your friend,
Yogi

Latest posts

Back