• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ash is not a happy man!

Richard Cranium

Well-known member
On my way home from Grizzoula I decided to pull into town and see if the scats were practicing. They have been doing wind sprints for a half hour. Ash just stood there with his arms folded across his chest. I proudly watched them while wearing my Griz apparel.

In a side note Ash said in the Bozo paper that SFA was playing their super bowl against the scats, I couldn't help to think if that's the case, then they are the Buffalo Bills of that super bowl.
 
When I tuned into the game in the fourth quarter, the scats' defense looked warn out. Wind sprints are probably in order.
 
Considering Ash has been out coached in two straight games. Perhaps he should have been doing some speed reading sprints, using a book about football (other than his own. :coffee: )
 
EverettGriz said:
Considering Ash has been out coached in two straight games. Perhaps he should have been doing some speed reading sprints, using a book about football (other than his own. :coffee: )
Agree
 
Ash should be happy that at least they won't have to worry about preparing for another Sam Houston re-match this year!

 
granitegriz said:
When I tuned into the game in the fourth quarter, the scats' defense looked warn out. Wind sprints are probably in order.

I thought the same thing. Their whole team looked pretty worn down actually. I remember seeing the OL on the sideline in the 4th looking terribly beat. Conditioning was definitely a factor and AZ is probably right on the humidity playing a factor. Made me think back to our game down at SHSU (a good team, who we got redemption on) several years ago when we had players puking on the sidelines. Good teams overcome that though.
 
grizhunter said:
EverettGriz said:
Considering Ash has been out coached in two straight games. Perhaps he should have been doing some speed reading sprints, using a book about football (other than his own. :coffee: )
Agree
Unfortunately I do too.

More unfortunate though is that we all see that, but doubt he (Ash)does.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
 
I would agree with the comment about the humidity (I live in central texas - have to deal with it for most of the year), but it wasn't a factor last night. I drove over to watch the game and I can tell you that the weather was perfect - no humidity and even wish I would have brought a jacket.

On a side note - this was the first FCS game I have been to, outside of Missoula. I have to say that we are very lucky to have the facility, environment and fans that we do. Places like Stephen F. Austin have nothing to be ashamed of, but they don't have the same feel. From the tailgating, to the production (announcers, music, etc); and especially the friendly, competitive atmosphere of the crowd. I have always been proud to be a Griz, but now it's even a little bit more.
 
The m cats lost to un-ranked team by 14. Just imagine, it's not hard, how bad the m cats would have lost to powerhouse NDSU if they had not tucked their tail between their legs and backed out of the NDSU commitment? One can only ponder which loss would make Ash more mad? :oops:
 
Ash says he wants to schedule games in Texas so his players can play in front of their family and friends. The Texas games are also an attempt to increase msu exposure to Texas high school players.

Well if msu keeps losing to non-competitve Texas schools, that recruiting effort will be in vain. Who wants to go to a school (msu, across the nation) that loses to losers (smu and sfa, right here)?
 
Sadly, there is no way in hell the cats are getting rid of Ash until 2015. He is the winningest coach in school history and there to stay until he tanks it. Probably will this year and maybe next. Then he may be gone, but that puts the cats program three years out minimum from seeing any kind of success. Tough position for fans and I actually feel bad for Brekke and Roderick. They thought they were going to be part of something.
 
ATXGriz said:
... On a side note - this was the first FCS game I have been to, outside of Missoula. I have to say that we are very lucky to have the facility, environment and fans that we do. Places like Stephen F. Austin have nothing to be ashamed of, but they don't have the same feel. From the tailgating, to the production (announcers, music, etc); and especially the friendly, competitive atmosphere of the crowd. I have always been proud to be a Griz, but now it's even a little bit more.
AMEN! brother.

I suppose there must be some other good places to have a good FCS football experience -- NDSU seems like it must be good, as WAS App State (but they're gone). We have been to games in Pocatello (obviously) and at Portland State, and have close friends/relatives who've been to games at Sac State, EWU, and (oddly enough) Delaware. Pokie was/is absolutely pitiful ... every time we have gone, there were more tail-gating Griz fans than for ISU. The PSU event could best be called "lame" and let it go at that. Reports from the other venues are not good ... although EWU has apparently had some glimmers.

Enjoy WaGriz, because it is (by far) the exception and not the rule.
 
WOW, it is one damn game!!! I recall a few years ago, the GRIZ got humiliated by Sac State. It took a butt kicking like that for the GRIZ to turnaround the season. After that game, we seen a team committed to winning. Who is to say the Cats won't use this loss for motivation that can serve them well? Only their team can determine what this game will do for them. I sure hope for the sake of the team, they have better attitudes than fans do.

Their season is far from lost. It is ONE damn game!! Get over it and move on. Ash's job is perfectly safe. Their future is not shot. They still have a bright future. As for Ash, he, every player, and coach should be pissed. I would not expect anything less than that from a team. They got humiliated by a middle of the pack FCS team, just as the GRIZ did a few yeas ago against Sac State. This loss could be just the ass kicking the Cats needed. Hell I don't know. We shall see though. For the sake of the everyone, I hope to see the Cats get everything righted. I love it when both the GRIZ and Cats are fighting for the conference championship come our game.

Cat fans, step back off the ledge. GRIZ fans, as hard as it might be, stop trying to push them over the ledge. Let's all see how they rebound next week, then make a little better judgment of how good or bad it is in BOZO. I do hope they get healthy, and find their game again.
 
mtgrizrule said:
Cat fans, step back off the ledge. GRIZ fans, as hard as it might be, stop trying to push them over the ledge.

That above line cracked me up :lol:

:poke:

I agree though, it was just one game. In the game you mentioned, JJ (who is kicking ass now like he did the end of that season) was 9-19, 148yds, 1td and 3ints. We looked like shit as Hilliard, the other RBs, and Flemming for Sac ran all over our defense. Flemming also passed well against our D and our offense looked anemic. We got blown out by FREAKIN SAC STATE!! Then went on to win 9 in a row, finishing the season with a close 3 point loss to SHSU.

It's not the end of the world....now if the Cats drop the game against UND, it may be time to panic having 3 losses with NAU, EWU, and UM still on the schedule.
 
Potomac Griz said:
mtgrizrule said:
Cat fans, step back off the ledge. GRIZ fans, as hard as it might be, stop trying to push them over the ledge.

That above line cracked me up :lol:

:poke:

I agree though, it was just one game. In the game you mentioned, JJ (who is kicking ass now like he did the end of that season) was 9-19, 148yds, 1td and 3ints. We looked like shit as Hilliard, the other RBs, and Flemming for Sac ran all over our defense. Flemming also passed well against our D and our offense looked anemic. We got blown out by FREAKIN SAC STATE!! Then went on to win 9 in a row, finishing the season with a close 3 point loss to SHSU.

It's not the end of the world....now if the Cats drop the game against UND, it may be time to panic having 3 losses with NAU, EWU, and UM still on the schedule.

No wonder Montana has the highest suicide rate in the states. Our football fan bases go overboard every game. :thumb:
 
mtgrizrule said:
WOW, it is one damn game!!! I recall a few years ago, the GRIZ got humiliated by Sac State. It took a butt kicking like that for the GRIZ to turnaround the season. After that game, we seen a team committed to winning. Who is to say the Cats won't use this loss for motivation that can serve them well? Only their team can determine what this game will do for them. I sure hope for the sake of the team, they have better attitudes than fans do.

Their season is far from lost. It is ONE damn game!! Get over it and move on. Ash's job is perfectly safe. Their future is not shot. They still have a bright future. As for Ash, he, every player, and coach should be pissed. I would not expect anything less than that from a team. They got humiliated by a middle of the pack FCS team, just as the GRIZ did a few yeas ago against Sac State. This loss could be just the ass kicking the Cats needed. Hell I don't know. We shall see though. For the sake of the everyone, I hope to see the Cats get everything righted. I love it when both the GRIZ and Cats are fighting for the conference championship come our game.

Cat fans, step back off the ledge. GRIZ fans, as hard as it might be, stop trying to push them over the ledge. Let's all see how they rebound next week, then make a little better judgment of how good or bad it is in BOZO. I do hope they get healthy, and find their game again.

Difference being we hadn't just lost our QB. We had a stout defense. We had a quality O-line. MSU has none of those things.
 
Potomac Griz said:
mtgrizrule said:
Cat fans, step back off the ledge. GRIZ fans, as hard as it might be, stop trying to push them over the ledge.
That above line cracked me up :lol:
:poke:

I agree though, it was just one game. ... now if the Cats drop the game against UND, it may be time to panic having 3 losses with NAU, EWU, and UM still on the schedule.
Cracked me up too. But ... gee ... Don't we think it would be fun to push them off the cliff?

Bottom line: As of now, UM and MSU have have exactly the same BSC record. (Oh, wait ... ) Even if they lose to UND, it will not affect their conference standing (non-conference for them too, right? Or am I wrong on that?). If they right the ship (i.e., get DM back), they have just as much chance as the Griz to go into the Brawl with a shot at the Big Sky title (and an automatic bid).
 
Back
Top