• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

are you ready for some FOOTBALL!!!!

citygriz

i am. looking keenly forward to the season. other boards at basketball schools are lit up with early recruiting gossip and speculation, stuff i could normally really get into. but even the diehard fans on this board are gone, spiritually gone...gone to the football board, the deepest and most satisfying parts of their souls wafting above wash griz, their taste buds salivating at barbecue and hot dogs, their thoughts on jj, the offensive line, the transfer running back, the receiving corp, tripp, the SECONDARY, their dreams on the "chipper" at frisco.

i just hope tinks and the crew are minding the store here.

The best part about football starting up means that basketball is just around the corner!

I will bite. I honestly don't have much to contribute as for updates. If I did, not sure how much I would post. I too am disappointed in the lack of posts pertaining to basketball, now and all the time. I can speculate a little and add some what I have heard, most of which was posted earlier.

I expect Jordan Gregory busted ass over the offseason once again. He just strikes me as someone that is constantly working on his game and shape. In my opinion, he is the best leader on this team. I hear Martin has beefed up, and will be stronger. How much he has worked on his game? Your guess is as good as mine. I hear Hutchison is really taking being a SR to heart, and very committed to having a good SR year. He should be improved from last season. As to if that was on his skills, strength, or conditioning, I don't know.

I have heard Wiley has busted a lot of ass since the season ended, and will be hard to be keep him off the court this season. A friend of mine Cal has sworn by Dunn before he even committed to the GRIZ. He seen him play during the summer, and Dunn is very motivated to being a huge piece to the puzzle this year. That is not easy for a Freshman to do, at any position. I have a feeling Deshields has worked hard in the off season as well. He does not want to be shown by Dunn, and Gregory. His attitude is tough as nails.

As for rest of the team, I have no idea who has been doing what, and do not know them well enough to even speculate on how their off season was. I do know, a player or players have taken Freddy Owen's departure pretty hard. That man was very respected and loved by the players.

I expect his loss, combined with new faces will make for an inconsistent out of conference schedule. I hear the players are pretty excited about the schedule this season. That alone should help motivate them to show well. The returnees took Syracuse debacle very hard. There will be a chip on the shoulder this year for this team.

Any further information would be appreciated.

Thanks for the info, Rule. I agree I wish there was more BB talk this time of year (and all year). But I'll admit that I am excited as hell about football and that has been occupying most of my time.

Also, it seems as though for whatever reason, many of the main posters on the BB board don't live in Missoula, and we're fairly dependent on either the Missoulian, UM, or other posters here for information on the BB program.

I really like the looks of the road non-conference schedule, but the home schedule leaves a lot to be desired. Just two games against D1 at home. :| But, I have been one to lobby for a taking on anyone we can get on the road, so I am happy to see a tough road non-con!

EverettGriz said:
Thanks for the info, Rule. I agree I wish there was more BB talk this time of year (and all year). But I'll admit that I am excited as hell about football and that has been occupying most of my time.

Also, it seems as though for whatever reason, many of the main posters on the BB board don't live in Missoula, and we're fairly dependent on either the Missoulian, UM, or other posters here for information on the BB program.

Believe me, I wish I was back home with reports after every home game, practice updates, off season updates, etc. Nobody else has picked up those reports since I left. Sorry I left the area.

I honestly just rarely post during the summer until I get football on te brain again. I have less to procrastinate without school and find myself here far less.

mtgrizrule said:
EverettGriz said:

Believe me, I wish I was back home with reports after every home game, practice updates, off season updates, etc. Nobody else has picked up those reports since I left. Sorry I left the area.

You've always been great. Certainly wasn't meant as a shot at you. Rather, more of an explanation why the BB board is dead this time if year.

EverettGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:
EverettGriz said:

You've always been great. Certainly wasn't meant as a shot at you. Rather, more of an explanation why the BB board is dead this time if year.

EG, did not think of it as a shot at me or anyone. :thumb:

Back