• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

APR

CatzWillRise

Well-known member
Surprised there isn't any discussion on this.

UM football had a 887 APR this last year. The four year average is fine at 930, but 887 for a year is awfully low. What happened?
 
CatzWillRise said:
Surprised there isn't any discussion on this.

UM football had a 887 APR this last year. The four year average is fine at 930, but 887 for a year is awfully low. What happened?

Too many players to the pros is the quick answer.
 
tnt said:
CatzWillRise said:
Surprised there isn't any discussion on this.

UM football had a 887 APR this last year. The four year average is fine at 930, but 887 for a year is awfully low. What happened?

Too many players to the pros is the quick answer.
that's what i was thinking but alabama has a 968.
 
I don't think that going pro hurts APR does it? Otherwise Kentucky basketball would have virtually a ZERO APR score, but they are in the 960's.
 
There was a higher than normal turnover from active roster kids this fall and especially in the spring as the new coaches have settled in. Hopefully just a 1-year dip in the APR....
 
BWahlberg said:
There was a higher than normal turnover from active roster kids this fall and especially in the spring as the new coaches have settled in. Hopefully just a 1-year dip in the APR....
this is for 2011-2012, so those will go against the next one.
 
getgrizzy said:
BWahlberg said:
There was a higher than normal turnover from active roster kids this fall and especially in the spring as the new coaches have settled in. Hopefully just a 1-year dip in the APR....
this is for 2011-2012, so those will go against the next one.

Gotcha... hmm, ok.
 
getgrizzy said:
tnt said:
CatzWillRise said:
Surprised there isn't any discussion on this.

UM football had a 887 APR this last year. The four year average is fine at 930, but 887 for a year is awfully low. What happened?

Too many players to the pros is the quick answer.
that's what i was thinking but alabama has a 968.

Depends on when they leave....

There was some "panic" in the AD's office over this just before the firings. Its one thing RE takes seriously. As MSU knows (just coming off penalty) it can sneak up on you before you know it. With the standards increasing, we are likley to be very careful recruiting. No longer will rejects with lots of talent from the FBS but have academic problems find a an FCS home easily. The fact is despite our talk about GPA's etc our 930 puts us below the national average more than a "bit" MD is very serious about it. The idea is to have athletes actually graduate, not just keep their head above water while they play out their eligibility
 
CatzWillRise said:
Surprised there isn't any discussion on this.

UM football had a 887 APR this last year. The four year average is fine at 930, but 887 for a year is awfully low. What happened?
I would like to believe the answer is "tougher curriculum" but I won't go there.
 
Grisly Fan said:
CatzWillRise said:
Surprised there isn't any discussion on this.

UM football had a 887 APR this last year. The four year average is fine at 930, but 887 for a year is awfully low. What happened?
I would like to believe the answer is "tougher curriculum" but I won't go there.


It is more likely due to the shift away from recruiting Montana kids over the last few years. :ugeek:
 
CatzWillRise said:
Surprised there isn't any discussion on this...

There's a thread, different yet inclusive, on AnyGivenSaturday.com( FCS Discussion forum) that might provide you the insight you require. Hope it helps.
 
Grizzlies1982 said:
It is more likely due to the shift away from recruiting Montana kids over the last few years. :ugeek:
There may be some truth to that. I know for a fact that, with the sororities and fraternities, instate kids are FAR more apt to stay the four/five years and graduate than are out-of-state kids.
 
CatzWillRise said:
Surprised there isn't any discussion on this.

UM football had a 887 APR this last year. The four year average is fine at 930, but 887 for a year is awfully low. What happened?

Pflugrad :shock:
 
tnt said:
getgrizzy said:
tnt said:
CatzWillRise said:
Surprised there isn't any discussion on this.

UM football had a 887 APR this last year. The four year average is fine at 930, but 887 for a year is awfully low. What happened?

Too many players to the pros is the quick answer.
that's what i was thinking but alabama has a 968.

Depends on when they leave....

There was some "panic" in the AD's office over this just before the firings. Its one thing RE takes seriously. As MSU knows (just coming off penalty) it can sneak up on you before you know it. With the standards increasing, we are likley to be very careful recruiting. No longer will rejects with lots of talent from the FBS but have academic problems find a an FCS home easily. The fact is despite our talk about GPA's etc our 930 puts us below the national average more than a "bit" MD is very serious about it. The idea is to have athletes actually graduate, not just keep their head above water while they play out their eligibility

You are right tnt, 930 is on the LOW end of the spectrum. I'd even say a dangerous area...

In fact in a year the NCAA is going to require FBS schools to maintain a 930 or higher to remain bowl eligible.

On a side note, Idaho is ranked number 118 out of 120 FBS schools in APR. :oops:
 
IntuitiveGriz said:
tnt said:
getgrizzy said:
tnt said:
Too many players to the pros is the quick answer.
that's what i was thinking but alabama has a 968.

Depends on when they leave....

There was some "panic" in the AD's office over this just before the firings. Its one thing RE takes seriously. As MSU knows (just coming off penalty) it can sneak up on you before you know it. With the standards increasing, we are likley to be very careful recruiting. No longer will rejects with lots of talent from the FBS but have academic problems find a an FCS home easily. The fact is despite our talk about GPA's etc our 930 puts us below the national average more than a "bit" MD is very serious about it. The idea is to have athletes actually graduate, not just keep their head above water while they play out their eligibility

You are right tnt, 930 is on the LOW end of the spectrum. I'd even say a dangerous area...

In fact in a year the NCAA is going to require FBS schools to maintain a 930 or higher to remain bowl eligible.

On a side note, Idaho is ranked number 118 out of 120 FBS schools in APR. :oops:

Those new standards dont just apply to FBS, they appl,y to FCS too.

For 2014-15 championships, teams must earn a 930 four-year average APR or a 940 average over the most recent two years to participate in championships. In 2015-16 and beyond, teams must earn a four-year APR of 930 to compete in championships.
 
CatzWillRise said:
Surprised there isn't any discussion on this.

UM football had a 887 APR this last year. The four year average is fine at 930, but 887 for a year is awfully low. What happened?

Our guys had to take time away from studying to make sure their penises were not getting in trouble. ;)
 
Back
Top