• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Appalachian State still a night game possibility

Silvertip

Kent Haslam emails that a 7pm kickoff could happen - subject to TV plans.

It won't be ROOT, so it has to be being picked up by somebody locally or regionally that the AD can lean on a bit to ensure a night game...right?

To get better coverage than Root, it would have to be an 8:00 or even 8:30 MDT kickoff on ESPNU or something like that.

At that hour, the only real competition would be a Pac-12 game nationally.

NorthwestFresh said:
To get better coverage than Root, it would have to be an 8:00 or even 8:30 MDT kickoff on ESPNU or something like that.

I hope not ESPNU. I don't get that channel, I don't think. ESPN, ESPN2 or 3 would be fine though

Fahque said:
NorthwestFresh said:

I hope not ESPNU. I don't get that channel, I don't think. ESPN, ESPN2 or 3 would be fine though

Go to a bar. Problem solved.

grizchamp said:
For entirely selfish reasons, I want this to be moved to Thursday night. Highly doubtful though.

Boy I don't. It would be nice to bank a four day weekend for a playoff game, maybe even the chipper. A 700 mile round trip for a midweek game isn't ideal.

griz4life said:
grizchamp said:
For entirely selfish reasons, I want this to be moved to Thursday night. Highly doubtful though.

Boy I don't. It would be nice to bank a four day weekend for a playoff game, maybe even the chipper. A 700 mile round trip for a midweek game isn't ideal.
Yeah it would be a pain in the ass for a lot of people. I am out of town that weekend though so it will be the home game I miss if it stays Sat or is on Friday. I leave Thursday but could push the time back to post game if it were then. Like I said, totally selfish. :)

This is the kind of scheduling UM would would have to get used to as an FBS school. Midweek games are the norm for MWC, Sun Belts, and CUSA if you want national exposure. Not trying to hijack the thread, just say'n.

griz4life said:
This is the kind of scheduling UM would would have to get used to as an FBS school. Midweek games are the norm for MWC, Sun Belts, and CUSA if you want national exposure. Not trying to hijack the thread, just say'n.

The Mountain West doesn't play mid-week games. Occasional Thursday game, or a Friday.. good try though.

IHateRobPhenicie said:
Please make this happen! Why have the lights if we aren't going to use them!!??!!
Playoffs are the first thing that comes to mind...but, we have to make them first

I need to go to this game so I need 4 tics. Didn't make one game last year, my brain surgery kicked my butt.

Just what I've heard, so take it with a grain of salt until it's official. ESPN has completely passed on this game. Heard Altitude gets next crack and if not, of course max Max Media will take it since the Bobcats are playing Monmouth on a Thursday night I believe. As for the time, I'm hearing 4 p.m. M.S.T., sadly. But again, all of this could be completely wrong. Just the info I received this evening.

havgrizfan said:
Just what I've heard, so take it with a grain of salt until it's official. ESPN has completely passed on this game. Heard Altitude gets next crack and if not, of course max Max Media will take it since the Bobcats are playing Monmouth on a Thursday night I believe. As for the time, I'm hearing 4 p.m. M.S.T., sadly. But again, all of this could be completely wrong. Just the info I received this evening.

If that's all true, that sucks. ESPN was all for it last season in Boone, but won't do it this year in Missoula. Maybe because of better match-ups? Is it the university that gets to determine the game time or is it the the choice of whoever is airing the game?

App State moving up ultimately has something to do with it as far as ESPN goes. Sad, but most likely true.

I believe TV certainly has something to do with kickoff time. I think Max Media would be the best chance the Griz have at a real night game. But I have heard, from reliable sources, for a long time now that Appy has really pushed hard for a daytime kickoff due to their trip home being so long. Even though the Griz had the same exact trip home last season and were willing to accomodate a 6 p.m. E.S.T. kickoff.

Latest posts

Back