• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

App State Montana tickets unavailable in NC!

asusmc

The App State allocation sold out the day before they went on sale to the general public. Take a look at some of the crazy prices on Stubhub. I did manage to get four tix together for our group. I'm looking VERY forward to your neck of the woods and the legendary hospitality!

One of our friends is a Griz alum and he traveled from Atlanta last year to Boone and we went to the game at The Rock. I had to sit in the Montana fan section. You guys have great fans! There were lots of Montana tailgaters mixing in with the App State tailgaters and having a great time before the game.

There will NEVER be a game as legendary as the 2009 semi final at WaGriz. Two best athletes on the field that night were Armanti Edwards and Marc Mariani.

Griz fans will make room for all you guys...tell people to buy the tickets no matter where they are in Griz stadium...getting in the stadium is the biggest battle. Once in, griz fans will change seats so people can sit together...however, you do run into an occassional jackass just like everywhere. Also, there are always tickets outside the stadium being sold from scalpers. Most go for face value I believe. Looking forward to meeting more of the Great App State fans.

Good info. Thanks for the tips. The four of us are incredibly excited to be heading to Montana. I would love to see a game that goes down to the wire.

I think I did the math from that game...24 players currently or at one time over the past 4 years on NFL rosters were on the rosters for THAT game. And that number has gone UP, with the additions over the past two years. Impressive, for two FCS teams.

Montana:

Tru Johnson
Jabin Sambrano
Chase Reynolds
Dan Moore
Shann Shillinger
Caleb McSurdy
Levi Horn *
Marc Mariani
Steven Pfhaler *
Jon Oppenrud *
Charles Burton *
Brody McKnight *

App State:

Armanti Edwards
DeAndre Presley
Mark LeGree
Travaris Cadet
Jabari Fletcher
Daniel Kilgore
Jeremy Kimbrough
Sam Martin
Demetrius McCray
Brian Quick
Troy Sanders
DJ Smith

Good research. In some ways it sucks that we're going to FBS because there truly is so much talent in the FCS proportional to their scholarship allotments. North Dakota State is a current example of a FCS team that could beat many many FBS programs on any given Saturday. It's going to be a bittersweet departure for App.

asusmc said:
The App State allocation sold out the day before they went on sale to the general public. Take a look at some of the crazy prices on Stubhub. I did manage to get four tix together for our group. I'm looking VERY forward to your neck of the woods and the legendary hospitality!

One of our friends is a Griz alum and he traveled from Atlanta last year to Boone and we went to the game at The Rock. I had to sit in the Montana fan section. You guys have great fans! There were lots of Montana tailgaters mixing in with the App State tailgaters and having a great time before the game.

There will NEVER be a game as legendary as the 2009 semi final at WaGriz. Two best athletes on the field that night were Armanti Edwards and Marc Mariani.
App State gets my respect. Amazing program!! I wish I were going to the game but due to family planning twists, I won't be there :evil:
Mad respect to App State and Good Luck on the move up! Thanks for all the exciting games!!!

I was digging through my dresser drawer's the other day and i stumbled that ticket stub from back in 09. I dont think ill ever throw that one away. I have a feeling this game coming up is goning to be a great game as well. Everytime App St has traveled up here is came down to the wire.

Wasnt it Jimmy Ferris who caught the winning touchdown pass in overtime back in 2000?

grizcountry420 said:
I was digging through my dresser drawer's the other day and i stumbled that ticket stub from back in 09. I dont think ill ever throw that one away. I have a feeling this game coming up is goning to be a great game as well. Everytime App St has traveled up here is came down to the wire.

Wasnt it Jimmy Ferris who caught the winning touchdown pass in overtime back in 2000?

Farris indeeed :thumb:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDmEcHAV4ms[/youtube]

I'll never forget getting phone calls and texts from friends and co workers after that 2009 semi final game and their comments were all "now I can see why you're always bragging that the FCS and playoff football is the best!" That game had well over 2 million viewers on ESPN for the entire game. A large part of the reason is WaGriz is a great looking stadium when it's filled with crazy loyal fans backing a solid program. The noise is like being front row at a Metallica concert. Throw in the 2nd half blizzard, the fact that it's App State visiting w/ Armanti Edwards at the helm and who in their right mind is going to turn the channel to something else? Only a bedwetter would turn the channel! :)

asusmc said:
Good research. In some ways it sucks that we're going to FBS because there truly is so much talent in the FCS proportional to their scholarship allotments. North Dakota State is a current example of a FCS team that could beat many many FBS programs on any given Saturday. It's going to be a bittersweet departure for App.
Gives me another team to follow/cheer for in FBS at least :thumb:

asusmc...you will feel more like home at washington grizz than you know...the fans and stadium will welcome you with open arms, because asu has earned that respect with the Montana griz fans....

asusmc said:
I'll never forget getting phone calls and texts from friends and co workers after that 2009 semi final game and their comments were all "now I can see why you're always bragging that the FCS and playoff football is the best!" That game had well over 2 million viewers on ESPN for the entire game. A large part of the reason is WaGriz is a great looking stadium when it's filled with crazy loyal fans backing a solid program. The noise is like being front row at a Metallica concert. Throw in the 2nd half blizzard, the fact that it's App State visiting w/ Armanti Edwards at the helm and who in their right mind is going to turn the channel to something else? Only a bedwetter would turn the channel! :)
A friend, who has worked in Hollywood, said that the whole thing looked like a movie set; "if you had been setting up a dramatic scene for a close game, and Steven Spielberg was putting together the visuals, it would have looked like that. Maybe not as good."

That brings up another question: Where can someone get a DVD of the entire game? I have looked everywhere on the internet and there is no disc to be found of what is definitely the best FCS game ever played (even though we freaking lost!!!). You get a college football fan in front of that game on a dvd and they will watch the entire thing in rapt attention. It was a back and forth slugfest of monumental proportion until the very end.

asusmc said:
That brings up another question: Where can someone get a DVD of the entire game? I have looked everywhere on the internet and there is no disc to be found of what is definitely the best FCS game ever played (even though we freaking lost!!!). You get a college football fan in front of that game on a dvd and they will watch the entire thing in rapt attention. It was a back and forth slugfest of monumental proportion until the very end.
I got mine on amazon several years ago (along with our Marshall, Furman, South Dakota State, and Georgia Southern games), but I think they discontinued the entire line. Someone with a DVD burner could probably hook you up though

edit: Wait, no. Chris ordered it for me, so I'm not sure what channels he went through. I think it was a special request, one-time print run

Back