• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

App St/msu

NLGrizFan

So after a few beers I got to thinkin... (Lookout) seems like App St fans are more liked than msu fans. Anyone wanna throw their :twocents: in on this? I get the rivalry (and obviously I've never played the game) but what drives this? Proven winning record? Promise of a thrilling game?

App St fans do not walk around with little brother syndrome.

They have class and dont need to explain their success to anyone, or try to convince you they belong or their team is good, App St does their talking on the field and it speaks volumes. They have earned respect and dont think people owe them respect

I have some great cat friends that I watch the game with every year and they treat people like they want to be treated, the same cant be said for the rest of the fans that hopped on their bandwagon 3-4 years ago. The ones that throw rocks, spit and dump water on kids are the cancer. It seems like the true fans that were fans before they actually started having a winning season more than one a decade are the more likeable ones.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

They have class and dont need to explain their success to anyone, or try to convince you they belong or their team is good, App St does their talking on the field and it speaks volumes. They have earned respect and dont think people owe them respect

I have some great cat friends that I watch the game with every year and they treat people like they want to be treated, the same cant be said for the rest of the fans that hopped on their bandwagon 3-4 years ago. The ones that throw rocks, spit and dump water on kids are the cancer. It seems like the true fans that were fans before they actually started having a winning season more than one a decade are the more likeable ones.
Wannabes seldom show any class. Insecure and behave like cornered rats.

I don't have to many cat friends (not by choice) in just seems to fall into place like that, I guess. Plus most of them are from NW Montana so I'd imagine that plays a part of it But... I'm with both ya on this. I do have one acquaintance cat friend that is a pretty decent guy but he like basketball more than football :puke: but hes a good guy. So he don't rant about the past 3 years about the football team. He don't talk shit and attack when one simple fact is brought up. For instance: The cats O-line this year. They claim to have depth, and I'm sure they do, but what about proven performers? McGhee will be running for his life again. I'm sure of it, now. I say they make one playoff game and they're done. Not to talk trash, but thats the likelihood of it.

I like App St. And NDSU. And Honestly, I respect SHSU. Ya have to, if you like the game. Right? Gotta give resect where respect is due. If the cats could show up against a "high caliber" team, I'll let lose a bit but until then, I have nothing good to say about the program. The fans on the other hand.... ugh.

kemajic said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Wannabes seldom show any class. Insecure and behave like cornered rats.
That bad, huh? :lol: Granted I get a Unclassy but I think what burns my ass is that they truly believe they've got something going. Nothing wrong with being a fan but face the facts!! Its kinda like selling hot dogs in the parking lot of a steakhouse. Nobody is buying it, except maybe the coaches in the top 25 poll. Whats up with that?

I actually have a lot of MSU fans who are good friends. Most are alums, most my age, die-hard fans, they had to endure the streak, rough times, but were also fans in 1984, and have been MSU fans since birth. They would not be well respected by A select FEW Cat posters on here, as they don't Griz bash every second of every day. When we're golfing or whatever, we actually discuss FOOTBALL aspects of the rivalry. There is teasing, jokes, ect. They don't have any love lost for the Griz and they know I feel the same. But the venom isn't spewed towards me nor me towards them, like so many people want and wish this rivalry to be. At least with my die-hard MSU friends, it's civil and pretty damn normal.

havgrizfan said:
Hammer, you're everywhere in this state. I refuse to believe you don't have cAT friends...

Lets just say I have cat aquaintances but I refuse to let them become close friends.

Hammer said:
havgrizfan said:
I actually have a lot of MSU fans who are good friends

Thats too bad. FTC forever here.
LMMFAO!!! Any and almost every cat fan I've met are asshole turdbags. And it's gotten worse since I joined eGriz after the SUU game last season.

I guess if you can understand their logic then... Ok, I guess. So far any of them that I've met are full of shit or special. Now dam it!!! If you can't at least put up some decent points, hell, at least keep it close you don't deserve the #1-4 spot!! It's seems almost ad scripted as the NFL. (BTW I'm a Ravens fan) now I really hate the NFL. Joe Flacco ain't got shit on Jordan Johnson as far as passion, love of the game, The Sport!!
FTC!! GO GRIZ!!!

havgrizfan said:
I actually have a lot of MSU fans who are good friends. Most are alums, most my age, die-hard fans, they had to endure the streak, rough times, but were also fans in 1984, and have been MSU fans since birth. They would not be well respected by A select FEW Cat posters on here, as they don't Griz bash every second of every day. When we're golfing or whatever, we actually discuss FOOTBALL aspects of the rivalry. There is teasing, jokes, ect. They don't have any love lost for the Griz and they know I feel the same. But the venom isn't spewed towards me nor me towards them, like so many people want and wish this rivalry to be. At least with my die-hard MSU friends, it's civil and pretty damn normal.
I understand what you're saying and I can imagine a few of them. I tired talking to ILTC but he must've thought I was mean or an ass or something. Hell, idk. He has nothing but $hit to say to me. No love loss tho. He seems to love the sport and the FCS but I'm not gonna argue with with him on every post..., well maybe I will (haha) He seems like the ONLY cat fan that I would be willing to deal with. The rest are funked up. I think...

I have numerous Cat fan friends and they are decent people. The real difference I believe is Alpha's analysis. The old vs. the new fans. Having said that, the old Cat fans are almost sheepish because they know they got they asses kicked for years and years. When they have seen success it is limited and they just keep their traps shut and seem to have a little pep in their step because they won a game or two. I think the old Cat fans know what is about to be headed their way again and they are going to quietly step out of the way and let the train go through.

Old vs new fan mantra is a joke. It comes down to personal character. I spent last weekend as the only Griz in a bevvy of folks, and we talked football and threw a little banter back and forth. BLUF is that they are proud fans as I am a proud Griz, and at the end of the day if they are asses about it, I disassociate with them. Known them since Middle School and they have never waivered. Has it always been perfect? Heck no, but mostly because I stuck it to them as I truly hated anything MSU. Things have changed as life is so much more than about hating anything.

NLGrizFan said:
So after a few beers I got to thinkin... (Lookout) seems like App St fans are more liked than msu fans. Anyone wanna throw their :twocents: in on this? I get the rivalry (and obviously I've never played the game) but what drives this? Proven winning record? Promise of a thrilling game?
Your level of butt hurt over MSU's recent success is duly noted.

NLGrizFan said:
I guess if you can understand their logic then... Ok, I guess. So far any of them that I've met are full of shit or special.

NLGrizFan said:
Well by the way Dingleberry McGhee took a knee to end the Griz/scat last season, I don't mind running him down. Real classy of him. He acted like they had a real accomplishment. OooO good job, beat up an already busted up team. What a loser.

bingo said:
NLGrizFan said:
Success? Ever tasted the Semis?

bingo said:
NLGrizFan said:
You got it! :thumb: I'm totally jealous of your only quarter final appearance and loss in the last 3 decades. :lol: :lol:

Back