• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

App must avoid duplicating Custar's Last Stand

asusmc

We can't go down w/ a 1-3 final record against the Griz. Tying the series is the best we can do. WaGriz is a helluva venue to try to snatch a victory as a visiting team.

BUT, if there is any program that has a chance of puling it off, it's this years App team. It's going to be epic, I know it!!!! :thumb:

asusmc said:
We can't go down w/ a 1-3 final record against the Griz. Tying the series is the best we can do. WaGriz is a helluva venue to try to snatch a victory as a visiting team.

BUT, if there is any program that has a chance of puling it off, it's this years App team. It's going to be epic, I know it!!!! :thumb:

Don't think you will have any trouble tying this series up. If we are being honest I believe you guys will put us away quite easily maybe 13-17 points? We do not have the coaching to keep up with the rest of the FCS and that will again be on display this season. App st is moving up with the big boys and the Griz will continue swimming with the little fish.

Big G said:
asusmc said:

Don't think you will have any trouble tying this series up. If we are being honest I believe you guys will put us away quite easily maybe 13-17 points? We do not have the coaching to keep up with the rest of the FCS and that will again be on display this season. App st is moving up with the big boys and the Griz will continue swimming with the little fish.

Your a FIRST CLASS MORON!!!! Guessing this is a Cats fan.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Big G said:
asusmc said:

Agreed. lets see common sense says we only lost by 8 last year with a freshman @ qb in Kidd Brewer.
Now Jordy is back and App has a new staff where we win over 80% of our games at home. I think we'll be just fine.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
Agreed. lets see common sense says we only lost by 8 last year with a freshman @ qb in Kidd Brewer.
Now Jordy is back and App has a new staff where we win over 80% of our games at home. I think we'll be just fine.

90%

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
App has a new staff

Not entirely. New head coach is a long time offensive coordinator and new defensive coordinator is a long time furman D coordinator and VERY familiar with App. Far more experienced then our staff. I agree though that this years group of griz is special and we pull it off. Sorry about the loosing record against the Griz App St. Mabey you should have scheduled more home games against us sooner

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Big G said:
asusmc said:

Oh! The irony!
Custar? Custard? Colonel Mustard?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Big G said:
asusmc said:

Just because I disagree and have a different opinion you resort to name calling and act like a little bitch?

I am not a Cat fan, you wouldn't find anyone that hates those losers more than I do. I just do not believe we have the coaching staff and that is going to cost us a game against one of the premier teams in the the FCS. App St was young last year, they controlled the game and beat us even with the warrior game Dan Moore had. This team made a deep run into the playoffs and thye lost the playoff game on a botched extra point. Disagree and back it up with facts instead of name calling or I might have to look you up on the 31st and readjust your attitude there keyboard tough guy. Custer lost

alabamagrizzly said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:
App has a new staff

Not entirely. New head coach is a long time offensive coordinator and new defensive coordinator is a long time furman D coordinator and VERY familiar with App. Far more experienced then our staff. I agree though that this years group of griz is special and we pull it off. Sorry about the loosing record against the Griz App St. Mabey you should have scheduled more home games against us sooner
Wofford.

Big G said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Big G said:
asusmc said:

Just because I disagree and have a different opinion you resort to name calling and act like a little bitch?

I am not a Cat fan, you wouldn't find anyone that hates those losers more than I do. I just do not believe we have the coaching staff and that is going to cost us a game against one of the premier teams in the the FCS. App St was young last year, they controlled the game and beat us even with the warrior game Dan Moore had. This team made a deep run into the playoffs and thye lost the playoff game on a botched extra point. Disagree and back it up with facts instead of name calling or I might have to look you up on the 31st and readjust your attitude there keyboard tough guy. Custer lost

How do you think UM's coaching lost the App St game last year?

App St didn't make a deep run in the playoffs last year. They lost their first game to 16th ranked Ill St.

App St didn't control the game last year. UM had more total offense (483 to 417). 3rd/4th down conversions were 10-20 for UM and 9-21 for App St. UM could have won the game. UM had a bunch of turnovers (4), and App St didn't have any.

UM was a young team, especially at qb and on defense.

I honestly think Big G is just shooting low so that if he's right he can say, "I told you so," and if he's wrong the Griz win. Win-win situation, but he definitely doesn't back up his statements.

All he's doing is making blanket statements. The Griz lost to App State last year because of plays on the field. McKinney's interceptions, the pass D, Lider's missed PAT...

Big G said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Big G said:
asusmc said:

Ok, here's a fact, we didn't have JJ last year..I'd start there. 2nd fact, we have a winning % of .89 in WaGriz....Havent seen many teams come into WaGriz and "put us away quite easily". Let me know if you need more facts :thumb:

PlayerRep said:
Big G said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Big G said:

How do you think UM's coaching lost the App St game last year?

App St didn't make a deep run in the playoffs last year. They lost their first game to 16th ranked Ill St.

App St didn't control the game last year. UM had more total offense (483 to 417). 3rd/4th down conversions were 10-20 for UM and 9-21 for App St. UM could have won the game. UM had a bunch of turnovers (4), and App St didn't have any.

UM was a young team, especially at qb and on defense.

This game will probably come down to turnovers and big plays again IMO. ASU will have to win it with the passing game. If the Griz can run the ball with their new offense and control the clock, they'll have a good shot at a win. The Griz have to keep ASU's offense with those big athletic receivers off of the field. The Griz secondary will be tested early and often.

grizfan95 said:
I honestly think Big G is just shooting low so that if he's right he can say, "I told you so," and if he's wrong the Griz win. Win-win situation, but he definitely doesn't back up his statements.

All he's doing is making blanket statements. The Griz lost to App State last year because of plays on the field. McKinney's interceptions, the pass D, Lider's missed PAT...
I don't agree with much he said other than the fact that App st controlled the game. We only had the lead once in the first few minutes. Even if Glider makes that XP App st still wins they were better than us.

Last year.......

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
grizfan95 said:

I don't agree with much he said other than the fact that App st controlled the game. We only had the lead once in the first few minutes. Even if Glider makes that XP App st still wins they were better than us.

Last year.......

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
grizfan95 said:

Last year.......

That's the other "key" to this game, kicking and special teams. I would hate to see a missed FG cost the Griz a win. On another note, how good is this WR Sean Price? He got a lot pub as a Frosh.

Back