• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Another key cat injured

bigkid

DONOR
Being reported from Bozeman Preston Gale sr.starting defensive end re injured his knee in Wed. Scrimmage. Jeez those guys might be better served forgetting the practice thing. Seriously I hope he is ok and can get back on the field. Nobody wants a young man to end a promising football career like that. Good grief they are getting bit by the injury bug.

bigkid said:
Being reported from Bozeman Preston Gale sr.starting defensive end re injured his knee in Wed. Scrimmage. Jeez those guys might be better served forgetting the practice thing. Seriously I hope he is ok and can get back on the field. Nobody wants a young man to end a promising football career like that. Good grief they are getting bit by the injury bug.

That's too bad. I've never been one to wish injuries on anyone, even the kitties. Plus I can already see injuries as their number one excuse when we restore the order this year.

Also, their rb Kirk injured his ankle today too.

I wouldn't wish injury on our biggest rival and most hated players. I saw that tweet from Coulter, that sucks.

We've got some guys on the Griz that are dinged up but nothing seems too serious so far, fall camp always comes at the expense of an injury or two. Always a bummer when guys go down in practice.

That sucks....an already suspect defense gets even weaker....good luck and heres to a speedy recovery for the young man.

Ouch and history shows it's the kitten O-line that has usually taken most of the hits in pre-season camp in the last decade? :shock: I'd rather have them in perfect shape for another exodus of the stands in the 3rd qtr in November.

Poor guy, I hope it isn't serious. College football players work too damn hard to have it end like that. I wish him the best.

Preston Gale is a super athlete. If it is serious it is bad news. However, the good news is the Cats have great depth at that positon and will be fine. The major difference this year is that there is good depth at every positon. Experience wise may not be as good but talent wise-excellent!

Wow. That really is too bad. Huge loss, it sounded like Gale has been the Cats most impressive guy physically in camp. That is a catastrophic loss for them

bigsky33 said:
Preston Gale is a super athlete. If it is serious it is bad news. However, the good news is the Cats have great depth at that positon and will be fine. The major difference this year is that there is good depth at every positon. Experience wise may not be as good but talent wise-excellent!
I've been hearing/reading different. That he is the most physically impressive/talented player on your defense. When you lose a guy like that you're not going to be "just fine", you're going to be a lot worse.

No Copper, they are not falling like flies as you may hope. Yes, Gale is a great athlete. I hope it is not serious. But the FACTS are we do have excellent depth. We have guys who will step up and be really good too. That is the beauty of great recruiting over the past few years. Injuries are part of this game. They happen to all teams. Depth is what counts. The Cats are in good shape in that regard.

bigsky33 said:

Bobcat fans keep saying you're so deep everywhere. I think you have confused the term quality depth. Just because someone has talent and you liked their high school recruiting tape doesn't necessarily mean they add quality depth. It could, but...Preston Gale was your starter for a reason. You don't have any other D ends as big, physical, and experienced as him other than maybe your other starter, Daly. It's a bummer, to be sure, but it's kind of ridiculous to assume their won't be a big drop-off. Remember, if his backup becomes the starter then another, even less qualified player has to rotate in at some point. That's how injuries to starters have a trickle-down effect. You might have exciting prospects, but I just don't see much quality depth across your d-line, o-line, or linebacking crew. I'll keep looking though...

SMU is not a body bag game. It is when you play down is when you get injuries as those teams are less skilled. You don't seem to understand football Blgs Griz Fan.

This would be like us losing Wagenmann for the year and me saying we'll be "just fine" because we have "great depth".

Alaska Griz said:
bigsky33 said:

Bobcat fans keep saying you're so deep everywhere. I think you have confused the term quality depth. Just because someone has talent and you liked their high school recruiting tape doesn't necessarily mean they add quality depth. It could, but...Preston Gale was your starter for a reason. You don't have any other D ends as big, physical, and experienced as him other than maybe your other starter, Daly. It's a bummer, to be sure, but it's kind of ridiculous to assume their won't be a big drop-off. Remember, if his backup becomes the starter then another, even less qualified player has to rotate in at some point. That's how injuries to starters have a trickle-down effect. You might have exciting prospects, but I just don't see much quality depth across your d-line, o-line, or linebacking crew. I'll keep looking though...

Wrong, yes Gale was slated as the starter as he was the best. But, with the talent we have there is not a huge drop off. In fact, it will be minimal. Obviously, you don't have much knowledge about the depth situation overall. Keep looking. You are going to be surprised!

bigsky33 said:
No Copper, they are not falling like flies as you may hope. Yes, Gale is a great athlete. I hope it is not serious. But the FACTS are we do have excellent depth. We have guys who will step up and be really good too. That is the beauty of great recruiting over the past few years. Injuries are part of this game. They happen to all teams. Depth is what counts. The Cats are in good shape in that regard.

The truth is - I hope every one of your players is healthy. That way when we kick you ass this year there are no excuses. Get over yourself and if you want to be delusional about injuries effecting your team - have at it.

Latest posts

Back