• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Another 1-AA record in the making...

F.T.C.

DONOR
Not to count our eggs before they hatch, but if the Grizzlies make the playoffs this year (I should say when!), this will be our 11th straight appearance, a 1-AA record if I'm not mistaken.

Anyone know for sure if this is the case? I'm pretty sure it is.

When you think about it, it pretty incredible that we've been consistantly in the playoffs for that long with all of the change we've gone through!

It's true. Eastern Kentucky has us tied with 10. Their streak ended in '95 or '96.

Is there a 1-AA record for a school having the most ignorant fans? MSU could at least excel at something.

I'm surprised you spelled MSU right TxGriz? What a very intelligent post you have there. Did that take you 5-6 days to type that up?

5 - 6

Is that what the kitty's will have as a win /loss record on sat? After portland wipes you pussies

Bozone - I just heard over lunch that Kramer's name is coming up as a top candidate for the Idaho job. Any info on that?

grizpack said:
Bozone - I just heard over lunch that Kramer's name is coming up as a top candidate for the Idaho job. Any info on that?

I'm going to be out of character here but I just have to say this............I didn't know Idaho needed janitorial help! :D

VictorG said:
grizpack said:

I'm going to be out of character here but I just have to say this............I didn't know Idaho needed janitorial help! :D

I think it was Dave Trimmer of the Spokesman Review that said every sinking ship needs a captian.

My best, uninformed guess is that Kramer is gone after this season. He is a perfect fit for an Idaho program in great financial trouble: he is alum, and his specialty is raising money and interest in a program. Hell, he could probably have the best defense in the Sun Belt in only two years! :wink: I think most MSU fans have mixed feelings concerning Kramer. Personally, I think he has brought us a long way, and we finally are over that supposed "hump" that we brought ourselves to so many times, but couldn't quite make it onto the other side. The Bobcat program is in great shape right now considering where we were only three short years ago, and the future looks bright. I don't mind his bragging style, but he has yet to back anything up, and that is unacceptable. He has also shown a disturbing propensity for blaming others for losses and not taking any himself. I am still very bothered by the fact that we are 5-5 right now and fighting for our playoff lives. It is nice that we still control our playoff destiny, but it would be nice to possibly have the outlook of a home game or three instead of probably going to McNeese again, if we get in. If I had to bet money before the season, I would have bet a lot that we would be, at worst, 7-3 right now, probably 9-1. We have a much better team than 5-5, which I think is evidenced by the fact that we can still take the Big Sky's bid. The worst thing is, most (if not all) of our losses have been the result of the team not looking prepared, EWU game last week being a perfect example. I am hoping (right now, before seeing any actual candidates) to see Mike Van Diest wearing the Blue and Gold next year, as of right now.

Dam, Dam, Damn

I've said it before ....The Best thing that ever happened for Sienfield and the Griz........... Kramer

Sh!t now we'll have to wait for IdaWhore to be kicked outa I-a and back to where they belong before we can USE Kramer again., Damn

As an ex-player of Van Diest's, I think he's a great coach. He has a harsh style, but as you can tell, it works! However, it's hard to say if he'd be interested. The reason he first came to Helena was to raise his family and be close to his late mother. Before Helena, he was the D-Cord. at Wyoming and had the same position available at Purdue when the whole staff left, but he turned it down for Carroll. He's very family orientated and it would be hard to imagine him pulling his kids out of school and moving. Like anything else, you never know what he'd really do, but IMHO I think he's pretty happy in Helena and enjoying another awesome year!!! Go Saints, beat Tech!!!

F.T.C. said:
As an ex-player of Van Diest's, I think he's a great coach. He has a harsh style, but as you can tell, it works! However, it's hard to say if he'd be interested. The reason he first came to Helena was to raise his family and be close to his late mother. Before Helena, he was the D-Cord. at Wyoming and had the same position available at Purdue when the whole staff left, but he turned it down for Carroll. He's very family orientated and it would be hard to imagine him pulling his kids out of school and moving. Like anything else, you never know what he'd really do, but IMHO I think he's pretty happy in Helena and enjoying another awesome year!!! Go Saints, beat Tech!!!

JMHO.....but if it's open to him....I bet that he'll bail.

NAIA to D1-AA!??

Most coaches are driven by that desire to move up the ladder. (99% of them) that and winning of course.

A real feather in his cap if he gets it....he would do well with that program from what I know of the man. You played for him, so maybe I am stereotyping here too much, if he turns it down....my hat is really off to him.
That is a great school and program, and after beating my CWU Wildcats to open the season who played EWU tough the nbext week, they are a quality program and well coached!

Go Griz!

In my opinion (for what ever that is worth :wink: ) I'll bet Kramer is in
Bozemen one more year. Until then Van Diest is nothing but a pipe dream. Would love to see him wear the Blue and Gold and Bozeman would be a logical choice for him to move up to. Not far from home and great Montana ties. But if there is a coaching change I wouldn't be suprised if our D Coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski will get offered. He has done a great job with the defense and has great recuiting ties. He and Van Diest would do a great job.

Back