• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Announcer Stunk - Who is playing again?

TheBud

A few plays into the first series by App State: "That was the first mistake that the Mountaineers have made ALL game."

Apparently, the Griz play at "Washington State, 'er Washington stadium"

"Great play by Montana State."

WTF?

TheBud said:
A few plays into the first series by App State: "That was the first mistake that the Mountaineers have made ALL game."

WTF?

He called them Arizona State once too.

grizpsych said:
TheBud said:

WTF?

Yes he did. Those two together could put you to sleep. He is terrible announcing the scat games. I say leave him in Bozo where he belongs. Should have a shock collar for him that goes off if he gets past Belgrade.

Copper Griz said:
grizpsych said:
TheBud said:

WTF?

Yes he did. Those two together could put you to sleep. He is terrible announcing the scat games. I say leave him in Bozo where he belongs. Should have a shock collar for him that goes off if he gets past Belgrade.

One of them also said that App State is moving up to play Division I football next year. WTF? Were these two not from Bozeman? How do you F that up?

grizpsych said:
Copper Griz said:
grizpsych said:
TheBud said:

WTF?

One of them also said that App State is moving up to play Division I football next year. WTF? Were these two not from Bozeman? How do you F that up?

Oh boy. So my wife is watching the game with me and I am just blocking out the announcers. She says to me, "I don't know why you think this is such a big game if Appalachian State is not even D1 yet?" I turned to her and said, "what are you talking about?" She then explains to me that the annnouncer just said they are moving up next year. This results in me having to explain the great rivalry and tradition of the programs, etc. Not what I wanted to do, prefer to actually watch the game. My wife gets major points for actually watching the game BTW. I am think CB is the announcer who misspoke as he did frequently throughout the game. He needs to quit talking and worry more about quality of words instead of quantity. Apparently has been trained to jabber incessantly thinking the audience needs to hear something at all times. The second announcer actually tried to say something a few times and gave up because cb would not shut up.

grizpsych said:
Copper Griz said:
grizpsych said:
TheBud said:

WTF?

That was YOUR very own Johnny Montana Edwards whose daddy bought your turf.

Max Media Montana's production resembled a high school project. Besides the dull, clumsy announcers, the neat on-screen tech stuff we're all accustomed to was totally missing....and all in LD, low def. Just kept reminding myself that I was fortunate just to be able to have the game on in my living room and get just a hint of what it must have been like in WaGriz last night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Grisly Fan said:
The color man was John Edwards, former Griz QB and he is pretty good. He didn't say any stupid stuff.

I wish he would call out the other dude on his stupidity. Then, it would be fun to listen to them.

Signing off from Bozeman was the icing on the cake. Watched on fta satellite from Minnesota. Saw the pregame Seal guys parachuting in and the honor guard with the very large flag. Would have loved to be there. The broadcast didn't convey the noise and excitement of the event.

MaxMedia needs to dump Chris Byers for any more UM games and bring back Dennis Patchin. Patchin did a great job on Griz games before MaxMedia took over...

Just re-watched the game. Found out that we are bowl eligible this year. Appreciate the announcer sharing this with us.

I thought Edwards was pretty good -- he was able to add some historical perspectives and contrasts with previous Griz strategy, coaches and players, and I enjoyed his comments.

And, I didn't think Byers was all that bad -- yeah, he made a few flubs, but compared to some of the announcers we've had the past few years who knew absolutely nothing about Montana football, I'll take Byers any day.

It could be worse, we could have the likes of Mike Callahan the color commentator they use for the cats. Not only is his bias annoying but he speaks in a nasal voice that is worse than fingers scraping a chalkboard.
I thought Edwards did a good job and Byers is stuck in his cat mindset. At least he didn't call JJ "PicSix" McGhee.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
It could be worse, we could have the likes of Mike Callahan the color commentator they use for the cats. Not only is his bias annoying but he speaks in a nasal voice that is worse than fingers scraping a chalkboard.
I thought Edwards did a good job and Byers is stuck in his cat mindset. At least he didn't call JJ "PicSix" McGhee.

speaking of nasal voice, I always hear Cliff Claven from Cheers when I watch a bobcat game.

Watched the replay when we got home Sunday, and these two are the "Dynamic Dumbos", sure glad I have season tickets and do not have to listen to these two clowns every week.

I would swap John Edwards for Calahan. I thought it was interesting that Edwards pointed out some of the offensive plays were from the Reed years. My wife made the same comment that Calahan sounds like Cliff Claven form Cheers. Beyers I thought did an ok job. He has announced the Cat so long I think it is just habit on the slips and I caught those as well. He really talked up the Griz program and the playoff game with App State. I thought the picture quality was way above the broadcasts from last year. Great win for the Griz. Will be an interesting race for the BSC championship.

Back