• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

all you Butte M.....f.....s

rimrockgriz

I'll be the first to admit I used to despise Butte dudes. Then, weird shit happened later in life. I hit college and I was bumping elbows and digging their asses?? W.T.F. I think they have more AA football titles than anyone, but I wouldn't bet the farm on that. Anyway, who is your favorite Griz from the "Mining City"?? I'll save my favorites for later. I'm sure we'll get all over the map on this one. One thing is for sure..if they can't win the game..they can win after.. :lol: :egriz:

rimrockgriz said:
I'll be the first to admit I used to despise Butte dudes. Then, weird shit happened later in life. I hit college and I was bumping elbows and digging their asses?? W.T.F. I think they have more AA football titles than anyone, but I wouldn't bet the farm on that. Anyway, who is your favorite Griz from the "Mining City"?? I'll save my favorites for later. I'm sure we'll get all over the map on this one. One thing is for sure..if they can't win the game..they can win after.. :lol: :egriz:
Is that why they are called the "Orediggers?" :?

rimrockgriz said:

Why were you digging their asses...

As far as Butte guys who played for the Griz, I'd have to go with Lance Allen. Good guy and a funny son of a bitch (not to mention a great ass).

rimrockgriz said:
For me it would be Colt Anderson and your right about the most AA state championships GO BULLDOGS!!!

rimrockgriz said:

Most Butte guys probably like you "digging their asses", its kinda how they roll :thumb:

Cats2506 said:
rimrockgriz said:

Most Butte guys probably like you "digging their asses", its kinda how they roll :thumb:

Because of this, Butte was originally supposed to be named "Butt, Mt", but a misspelling was too costly to correct.

Always been a love/hate thing with me, mostly being attributed to sports. But since my home town team (Anaconda), has been knocked down to Class A, and I left almost 30 years ago, it's more love than hate. Butte rocks!

Colt Anderson is my vote, but I admit my Butte-to-Griz history is lacking. Colt is cool regardless.

I know this is football. But favorite griz would be basketball stud Gary Kane. Just because when he was asked what frat he belong to, he said,"Frats are for pussies and f@#$."

I am biased because I grew up with him but I go with Todd Ericson. Love Lance, Chad Lembke, Kyle Mirich, Paul LeProwse, Paffhausen but my vote is with Todd. Known Gary Kane all my life as well, great bunch of guys to grow up with.

cclarkblues said:
Cats2506 said:
rimrockgriz said:

Because of this, Butte was originally supposed to be named "Butt, Mt", but a misspelling was too costly to correct.
Thats adorable did you come up with that on your own?

putter said:
I am biased because I grew up with him but I go with Todd Ericson. Love Lance, Chad Lembke, Kyle Mirich, Paul LeProwse, Paffhausen but my vote is with Todd. Known Gary Kane all my life as well, great bunch of guys to grow up with.

Lembke was a beast and gets my vote. LeProwse knew no limits with pain and was a tough SOB. They are all good people and had that blue collar work ethic. Good recruiting years for the Griz with that crew. FTC

cclarkblues said:
Cats2506 said:
rimrockgriz said:

You saying that those dumbass Mick's cant even spell :lol: :lol:

121210-colt-anderson-400.jpg

putter said:

Paul LeProwse is probably the toughest Mo Fo'er that I have ever met. Still to this day NOBODY in Butte fucks with him! He wouldn't even break a sweat with the pussy 2506.

Todd is great also, as is brother Scott. Both friends and former co-workers (us carpenters stick together)

BUT, at the end of the day, there isn't any doubt..........#19!!!!!!!

Hammer said:
yellowstone60 said:
:thumb: :thumb: :clap:

Not a bad pick in the bunch. Throw in Randy Reilly and Toone and you get the great play against Pennington in the Chipper! Butte Rats...damn straight. Hey Hollywood was my high school position coach so that counts for something.

I like the colors in this shot of Colt better:

colt.jpg

...and yeah, he was great fun to watch. Our current safeties have a lot to live up to (and that's not even taking all the other Griz greats at the position into consideration: Stein, Hauck, McElmurry, Schillinger, Huntsberger....).

If I have to go with someone that I've seen it would be the mining city boy...Jay Fagan. As I get older I give more recognition and appreciation to the road graders of the football world. :butt: Nothing like an "o" line man that piss pounds, and denigrates his opposition all f.....g day!!! It would be nice to see the Griz impose their will on people again this year. :egriz:

Latest posts

Back