• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Alex Bienemann Quote on Being United

grizfan95

Love this quote today from Bienemann.

http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081413aaa.html

"There's just something about it this year- I don't know what it is," Bienemann said. "If you talk to any player they'll tell you the same thing. We've got something special going, and everyone worked really hard over the summer and bought in. Summer was huge and it's already paying dividends in camp.

"I visited a lot of places in the country my senior year in high school, and lot's of guys on some teams are focused more on themselves and what they have going on; aspirations to play at the next level," Bienemann said. "With that kind of mentality you kind of lose sight of the team. The team - that's how you get to the championship. That's how you win the Big Sky.

"Our team, with the `united' theme - that's what it's all about," Bienemann continued. "Anyone of us can be the best player at our position in the country, but without the other 10 guys on the field we're nothing. United is what we are all about this year, and hopefully we can get 15 wins and get a little ice on our finger at the end of the year."

WyomingGrizFan said:
bigsky33 said:
Kind of sounds like the Bobcats this year.

Before or after you backed out of the North Dakota State game?

Hey, they were united in fear.

LOVE the mindset of the GRIZ players this year! I agree; this year is going to be special, and return the GRIZ program right back where it belongs: the top of the FCS.

Love the attitude. Sounds like this team is more than ready to make up for the disappointment of last season; can't wait to watch it play out on the field.

And from today's Missoulian -
Linebacker and Missoula product Jordan Tripp likes the chemistry of this year’s Griz.

“As far as team morale and jelling among the team, we’re closer than any team I’ve been on since I’ve been here, and this is my fifth year,” he said. “I’ve been on championship teams before, and they were close, but not as close as us. It has a different feel.”

Reading the quote from Alex and this one from Jordan makes me think that there soon may be a lot of eGrizzers eating their words about Coach Delaney. This attitude obviously flows from the top down to the assistant coaches and then to the leaders of the team such as Jordy Tripp.

What has happened the last year and a half, beginning with the firing of popular leaders Pflu and O'Day and continuing through the disastrous season we had including several glaring coaching errors had the very real possibility of breaking that special thing we all know as Griz Football. Yet we have an All American Senior saying this is the closest team he has been on.

I am getting so excited for this season to start. If we win August 31st, then the rest of the FCS had better be ready for the steamroller that is going to come their way!

behappp said:
And from today's Missoulian -
Linebacker and Missoula product Jordan Tripp likes the chemistry of this year’s Griz.

“As far as team morale and jelling among the team, we’re closer than any team I’ve been on since I’ve been here, and this is my fifth year,” he said. “I’ve been on championship teams before, and they were close, but not as close as us. It has a different feel.”

Reading the quote from Alex and this one from Jordan makes me think that there soon may be a lot of eGrizzers eating their words about Coach Delaney. This attitude obviously flows from the top down to the assistant coaches and then to the leaders of the team such as Jordy Tripp.

What has happened the last year and a half, beginning with the firing of popular leaders Pflu and O'Day and continuing through the disastrous season we had including several glaring coaching errors had the very real possibility of breaking that special thing we all know as Griz Football. Yet we have an All American Senior saying this is the closest team he has been on.

I am getting so excited for this season to start. If we win August 31st, then the rest of the FCS had better be ready for the steamroller that is going to come their way!

:thumb:

Back