• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A thought on Ochs

Shakermaker

If Ochs is healthy to play this Saturday would it be wise to play him for the first time against a IA team? I suppose you have to get him in sometime. Our schedule really doesn't get any easier from here on out. I would like to see him play Saturday.

While I don't know the extent of Och's injury I REALLY hope they're not rushing him in to play. IF it is too early we'll see him hobbling around all season if not on the bench.

I don't think it should matter if he plays his first Griz game against 1-A Idaho, remember, this is the same kid who destroyed Nebraska. If he's healthy, I want him in there!

F.T.C. said:
I don't think it should matter if he plays his first Griz game against 1-A Idaho, remember, this is the same kid who destroyed Nebraska. If he's healthy, I want him in there!

I have to agree with F.T.C. on this one. I just caution all to remember that Ochs has not taken a college football game snap in a year. Even though he has had some snaps in the Spring, he IS going to need some real game experience to get that old magic back (if he can). I don't see him as the savior of the 2003 season. I think that he will need an offensive line that is practically error free... blocks exceptionally well... and plays up to its potential each game. Wide receivers who run near perfect routes and consistant RB play. Then possibly he can shake off the rust and cobwebs to do his thing... I am thinking that he will play this year but will make more of a statement next year. The Griz are going to have to be nearly squeekly clean the rest of the season to make the playoffs this year.

Having said that, do I believe the Griz can do it?? HELL YES!!!

Latest posts

Back