• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A Post for all the Fairweathers

ClancyGriz

Enter all the naysayers and fair weaver fans. Yes, we blew it tonight, but I am still proud of this team. We will rebound. We will make the necessary adjustments this week and hand it to PSU. Go Griz

ClancyGriz said:
Enter all the naysayers and fair weaver fans. Yes, we blew it tonight, but I am still proud of this team. We will rebound. We will make the necessary adjustments this week and hand it to PSU. Go Griz

Good post. Agreed. The trolls and those who never played the game are out in full force.

I agree 100%. Hopefully we learn a lot from this loss. If you are a fan then you are a fan when we lose too. Have a little faith in our boys in maroon.

It's not the end of the world. There is a whole helluva lot of season left to play!
I really don't think any BSC team will be undefeated in conference this year.
We just have to hope the Griz can make the necessary adjustments and changes to get this train back on the track to roll the rest of the fuckers this year.

Thank you for a positive post! Much appreciated. Let's get excited for this Saturday, it's bound to be a good time!

Like I said, best the Griz can do is shake this off and come into next week with a big chip on their shoulder. If the Griz do lose to PSU at home, then I'll say its time to start worrying.

One things for sure, the crowd better be electric come Saturday, it may give the Griz some of the fire and energy that was lacking tonight.

Like I said, best the Griz can do is shake this off and come into next week with a big chip on their shoulder. If the Griz do lose to PSU at home, then I'll say its time to start worrying.

One things for sure, the crowd better be electric come Saturday, it may give the Griz some of the fire and energy that was lacking tonight.

AMEN!

Out of curiosity, what is your definition of a fairweather fan? I am sure some of the more level headed posters will have some good post, and even call out players, play calling, and units. Does that make them a fairweather fan?

I'm not a fairweather fan, but will be the 1st to admit, we got our asses kicked. The offense, play calling, decision making, OL, basically the team except special teams stunk this game.

The question is, will this game the exception, or become the norm? I am most disappointed in our OL play. Does criticizing these things make someone a fairweather fan?

The game is over and time to move onto PSU.

mtgrizrule said:
Out of curiosity, what is your definition of a fairweather fan? I am sure some of the more level headed posters will have some good post, and even call out players, play calling, and units. Does that make them a fairweather fan?

I'm not a fairweather fan, but will be the 1st to admit, we got our asses kicked. The offense, play calling, decision making, OL, basically the team except special teams stunk this game.

The question is, will this game the exception, or become the norm? I am most disappointed in our OL play. Does criticizing these things make someone a fairweather fan?

The difference between true Griz fans and fairweathers is its usually the latter that does stuff like post five "FIRE DELANEY" threads, call college kids "waste of taxpayer money" because they had a bad game, and generally declare the whole season to be lost after just one game.

Next Saturday the Griz will play Portland State. Let's all be there, cheer loudly and assume the Griz will win.

I hate to break it to you but being a fan does not mean blind allegiance. Fans have every right to be upset at a performance like tonight. The team did not have it and NAU smacked them in the mouth with nothing back at them. No fight at all. Yes, the kids played hard but it was a poor night and just because people point that out does not mean they are fairweather....sometimes it means they have eyeballs and witnessed a NAU team show up very prepared with a great gameplan and executed it against a team that did not on both sides.

It is not the end of the world, however, this was the first true test the Griz had and they failed badly. Here is to moving on to PSU.

Gotta love our play calling strategy. 'Lets try running up the middle on second and goal, third and goal with our non-power running back because it hasn't worked effectively yet".. Insanity is trying the same thing and expecting a different result Montana OC's. Then on fourth and goal "let's put in our power running back and run JJ on a bootleg instead of a field goal..". Thanks coaching staff for terrible play calling (reminds me of our play calling against eastern Washington in 2010 on the debut of their inferno turf). Calling the same stupid plays that were not working over and over again!

putter said:
I hate to break it to you but being a fan does not mean blind allegiance. Fans have every right to be upset at a performance like tonight. The team did not have it and NAU smacked them in the mouth with nothing back at them. No fight at all. Yes, the kids played hard but it was a poor night and just because people point that out does not mean they are fairweather....sometimes it means they have eyeballs and witnessed a NAU team show up very prepared with a great gameplan and executed it against a team that did not on both sides.

It is not the end of the world, however, this was the first true test the Griz had and they failed badly. Here is to moving on to PSU.

then why did everyone blindly say you were the best and your first three teams were not cupcakes. Reality folks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtgrizrule said:

I agree with mtgrizrule. The Griz sucked tonight, if that makes me a fairweather fan in your eyes, than so be it. I guess not all of us can be perfect Griz fans like some of you. ;) So can we only come on here and talk about how great the Griz are after a win or can we talk about how bad they played too?

Just for kicks here is a definition of a fairweather fan for you. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fair+weather+fan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The ones who criticize the team do not seem to fall under this so perhaps you can explain to us what a fairweather fan is. A fan can still support their team while wondering what the hell just happened to them. I have season tix and went to half the games last year and half this year, regardless of their record. I am a huge Griz fan no matter what, so go ahead and call me a fairweather fan if you want. I guess BWahlberg is a fairweather fan in your opinion too after his well thought out post game report. Life as an allweather fan must be nice so good for you. :thumb:

Refer to my signature....and I was there for those 70's and early 80's Grizzly teams as well. There were years I would've given my left leg for a 3-1 start. Just sayin'. :D

I have no problem with fans complaining, criticizing or whatever. it's a free country. It's when you think you were owed something tonight or you as a fan DESERVE the Griz to win, that's when you come across as..well..nevermind

ClancyGriz said:

sugar coater. Jk sorry Growler1 posses me for a minute but then I took a crap and now I'm fine.

1Griz_Fan said:
mtgrizrule said:

I agree with mtgrizrule. The Griz sucked tonight, if that makes me a fairweather fan in your eyes, than so be it. I guess not all of us can be perfect Griz fans like some of you. ;) So can we only come on here and talk about how great the Griz are after a win or can we talk about how bad they played too?

Just for kicks here is a definition of a fairweather fan for you. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fair+weather+fan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The ones who criticize the team do not seem to fall under this so perhaps you can explain to us what a fairweather fan is. A fan can still support their team while wondering what the hell just happened to them. I have season tix and went to half the games last year and half this year, regardless of their record. I am a huge Griz fan no matter what, so go ahead and call me a fairweather fan if you want. I guess BWahlberg is a fairweather fan in your opinion too after his well thought out post game report. Life as an allweather fan must be nice so good for you. :thumb:

Mtgrizrule, this poster also hinted in another thread that Tripp has juiced. WTF?

ClancyGriz said:
Fuck you. The players sucked, the coaches sucked, preparation and execution sucked. Why the hell can't a guy say that and still be a fan?

Back