• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A move up would be the End of eGriz

tnt

Well-known member
There would be nothing to talk about in the off season. The two number one topics would be moot:

"new DROP Down____________ is coming.

"Its time to move UP"
 
To stay put is to watch the FCS crumble around us.....the end of the FCS is a much realistic scenario, than the end of the Griz.
 
Naw, some of the move-up crowd would start clambering to move up to a BCS conference (and then the NFL).
 
PlayerRep said:
Naw, some of the move-up crowd would start clambering to move up to a BCS conference (and then the NFL).

I believe that forum is located at http://www.bisonville.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 
MrTitleist said:
PlayerRep said:
Naw, some of the move-up crowd would start clambering to move up to a BCS conference (and then the NFL).

I believe that forum is located at http://www.bisonville.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ha! Nice one!
 
tnt said:
There would be nothing to talk about in the off season. The two number one topics would be moot:

"new DROP Down____________ is coming.

"Its time to move UP"

Perfect! A real, live catch 22. If we want to be free of drop-down and move-up discussions, we have to move up. ;)
 
I prefer to think we'd be talking about things like how much our TV deal is paying, how many of us are traveling to Columbus for the game against OSU, and where we will be ranked in the AP Preseason poll.

But I prefer stretch goals as opposed to beating Portland State one more time....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The number of board hits would diminish for sure after a couple of 3-8 seasons.

Save your breath, these move-up people will never give up. Driven to go faster the captain of the Titanic, no matter what the economics or facts reveal. Maybe UM should beat Southern Utah, EWU, NoDak, and State before considering football against the Washingtons, Oregons, Nevadas, and Boise States. JMHO.
 
Proud Griz Man said:
The number of board hits would diminish for sure after a couple of 3-8 seasons.

Save your breath, these move-up people will never give up. Driven to go faster the captain of the Titanic, no matter what the economics or facts reveal. Maybe UM should beat Southern Utah, EWU, NoDak, and State before considering football against the Washingtons, Oregons, Nevadas, and Boise States. JMHO.

Southern Utah: 4-2
Eastern: 26-12
North Dakota: 11-8
MSU: 70-37-5
Sac: 16-1
Northern Arizona: 34-12
Idaho State: 42-13
Weber: 39-13

Let's not let facts get in the way of a good argument. I think Montana has more than beaten these teams over the years.. and with most of these, it's not even close.
 
MrTitleist said:
Proud Griz Man said:
The number of board hits would diminish for sure after a couple of 3-8 seasons.

Save your breath, these move-up people will never give up. Driven to go faster the captain of the Titanic, no matter what the economics or facts reveal. Maybe UM should beat Southern Utah, EWU, NoDak, and State before considering football against the Washingtons, Oregons, Nevadas, and Boise States. JMHO.

Southern Utah: 4-2
Eastern: 26-12
North Dakota: 11-8
MSU: 70-37-5
Sac: 16-1
Northern Arizona: 34-12
Idaho State: 42-13
Weber: 39-13

Let's not let facts get in the way of a good argument. I think Montana has more than beaten these teams over the years.. and with most of these, it's not even close.

:clap:
 
I'll make it simple for you mr. titleist: Now is not the time to move up, because the Griz football team is not dominating BSC-level and 1-AA/FCS- level competition and the national and regional economic facts do not support the move. I did not say that the Griz had not ever beat Southern Utah, EWU, NoDak, and State. I did not mention NAU, ISU, Weber or Sac State. You earn a D minus for reading comprehesion. :clap:


MrTitleist said:
Proud Griz Man said:
The number of board hits would diminish for sure after a couple of 3-8 seasons.

Save your breath, these move-up people will never give up. Driven to go faster the captain of the Titanic, no matter what the economics or facts reveal. Maybe UM should beat Southern Utah, EWU, NoDak, and State before considering football against the Washingtons, Oregons, Nevadas, and Boise States. JMHO.

Southern Utah: 4-2
Eastern: 26-12
North Dakota: 11-8
MSU: 70-37-5
Sac: 16-1
Northern Arizona: 34-12
Idaho State: 42-13
Weber: 39-13

Let's not let facts get in the way of a good argument. I think Montana has more than beaten these teams over the years.. and with most of these, it's not even close.
 
Many teams that have moved up (and been successful) did not dominate right before moving up. The Griz had one off year; beyond that, they've been the definition of "dominant".

And I would argue now is precisely the time to move up, because if we don't, we'll be left with a watered-down FCS that isn't fun to watch. People predict a nearly empty WaGriz if the Griz move up and go 6-6. I predict a nearly empty stadium when we play Western Oregon twice in the same season to fill our schedule, with one of those being a league game.

The timing for a move will never be perfect.
 
Back
Top