• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A lot like last year's homecoming

Jimus

The Griz faced a solid team and I was waiting the whole game for something to break open, but instead it was low-scoring the Griz had to run out the clock on a final drive to seal the deal. The only difference was that we had a star in I-A who got us the win. Ochs is the man; not only because he's an exceptional quarterback and a fine human being, but also a fellow history major.

It wasn't quite the 30+ point beating that many of the posters on here thought it would be. If Cal Poly would have made that missed field goal attempt who knows what the outcome would have been. On to D-I Akron now. They're only 3-2. Maybe we can get two D-I wins under our belt this year. Go Mustangs!!!

If Cal Poly would have made that missed field goal attempt who knows what the outcome would have been
OK, I looked at this post for a few minutes, thinking naaaah, don't answer it. But against my better judgment here I am. First off, you guys have a great great team! Now that this game is behind us, I--and probably a lot of others here--will be watching and cheering for you. BUT, there are a lot of "if onlys" in this game, and on our side. If only our two main quarterbacks weren't nursing injuries and we could have played them throughout the game. If only we hadn't had to play our freshmen quarterbacks---who will be really good with time under their belts but aren't quite there yet---for much of the game. If only the 4!&#$!! refs hadn't been such turkeys, calling back a defensive touchdown, not calling a penalty when one of your players was laying on top of Heidelberger punching the heck out of him (my son was sitting right in front of it and saw the whole thing). There are "if onlys" in almost any game. Yeah, that missed field goal would have made a lot of difference, but so would a lot of things. Hey, did anyone see whether the field goal was just a miss, or did a Griz get a hand on it and tip it? Couldn't tell from the NEZ. Anyway, Mustangs, good luck!

Cal Poly Mustang said:
It wasn't quite the 30+ point beating that many of the posters on here thought it would be. If Cal Poly would have made that missed field goal attempt who knows what the outcome would have been. On to D-I Akron now. They're only 3-2. Maybe we can get two D-I wins under our belt this year. Go Mustangs!!!

I hope so. I'd like to see you guys get to DIA wins. You are playoff worthy for sure. Two wins against a IA foe would help your cause.

Hey Cal Poly dude....

My 51-13 predicition was based upon all 5-Silvertip sky divers hitting the 50 yd line. If you recall the last one in the stadium landed around the 40.

BTW, your team played well. It was too bad for your guys that your starting QB left the game.

C YA next time... :wavey:

Back