• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A GAME VS B GAME

BRYAN K

I HAVE ENJOYED READING THE VARIOUS POSTS ON THIS SITE ALL WEEK. SOME HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY GOOD AND OTHERS HAVE BEEN THE TYPE SEEN ON TOO MANY SPORTS SITES. :( SEVERAL MENTIONS HAVE BEEN MADE IN REFERENCE TO THE GRIZ CERTAIN TO WIN IF THEY BRING THEIR "A" GAME. I WONDER IF FURMAN BROUGHT THEIR A GAME TO VILLANOVA? MAYBE APP ST BROUGHT THEIR A GAME TO MAINE. WHAT ABOUT BC AGAINST GA SOU? DID THEY PLAY THEIR A GAME? MAYBE THEY WERE SIMPLY OUTCLASSED BY GA SOU TALENT? THIS YEAR ALONE THERE HAVE BEEN MANY EXAMPLES OF TEAMS BRINGING THEIR A GAMES AND STILL LOSING. BRINGING YOUR A GAME DOESN'T GUARANTEE ANYTHING--EXCEPT THAT IF YOU DON'T BRING IT IN THE PLAYOFFS, SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE YOUR NUMBER WILL BE UP AND IT'S TIME TO LICK YOUR WOUNDS AND LOOK TO NEXT YEAR. I WATCHED THE MAJORITY OF THE COWBOY GAMES THIS YEAR AND WE DIDN'T BRING OUR A GAME THREE TIMES THIS YEAR--JACKSONVILLE ST, NICHOLS STATE, AND MONTANA ST. ----LIKELY THE OPPONENT HAD THE MOST TO DO WITH THAT. IT'S SIMPLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANY COLLEGE TEAM TO BRING THAT A GAME TO EVERY GAME OF THE SEASON! GOOD TEAMS HAVE TO TRY TO WIN ON THE DAYS THAT THE A GAME JUST ISN'T THERE. THE GRIZ CERTAINLY DIDN'T BRING THEIR A GAME IN YOUR 2 LOSSES. HAVING SAID ALL THAT, THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS---LIKELY BOTH TEAMS WILL BRING THEIR A GAME THIS SAT--AND ONE TEAM IS GOING TO BE FINISHED FOR THE YEAR. BRINGING YOUR A GAME WILL ONLY INSURE THAT YOU DON'T GET BEAT BADLY--AND THE SAME WITH THE COWBOYS--THE GAME SHOULD BE EXTREMELY TIGHT IF BOTH TEAMS PLAY TO THEIR UTMOST CAPABILITY--WHICH I FULLY EXPECT! LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THE GRIZ FANS PRIOR TO THE GAME--ARRIVE EARLY AND HAVE A SAFE TRIP GETTING HERE :D GO 'BOYS

Bryan K

How far of a drive is it from the New Orlean's airport. Also, where is a good place to stay in Lake Charles. I would like something close to the field but most importantly I want a place with inside hallways...it would be me (female) and my 8 year old boy.

Thanks for the info.

It really depends on the time of day you would be going through Baton Rouge...and what day for that matter.

It should be a three hour drive from NO to Lake Charles, but people drive freakin crazy down here, and if you are bold enough you can follow someboby at 90-100 mph and cut that to 2.5 hours easy.

But if you are going through Baton Rouge nay time betwwen 3 and 7 pm on friday.....well plan on sitting in traffic for a while!

BR is about 1 hour from NO on the way to LC.

Superior Griz said:
Bryan K

How far of a drive is it from the New Orlean's airport. Also, where is a good place to stay in Lake Charles. I would like something close to the field but most importantly I want a place with inside hallways...it would be me (female) and my 8 year old boy.

Thanks for the info.

Unless it is to late you are better off flying into Houston.
He is right, about three hours give or take and how long you get stuck in BR. Be careful crossing the Atchafalaya spillway. Its 20 miles long and the LA bears patrol it tight. The speed limit is 60 and they will enforce it if you get the wrong trooper.

There are no hotels near campus that i can think of. Coul be wrong though. Best bet is to saty in sulphur right off I-10. From thee it is an easy trip down I-10 to I-210 and right down to campus. When youget off 210 youwill be just a mile or 2 from the staduim and that is a straight shot.
There is a new Hampton, new Wingate, and two or three other new hotes right off I-10. Good Luck!

Hey guys thanks for the info...unfortunately for me my husband is stuck in California playing Pebble Beach again tomorrow so that means I don't get to go play for the weekend. However, I am still trying to find a way. :D Cheer hard for us Griz fans.

Just in case...how far is it from Houston?

Thanks guys!!

Back