• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A Freight Train With No Brakes

NLGrizFan

The question still remains, who is gonna stop the Grizzlies?? SHSU? EWU? Towson? NDSU? I picked CP earlier before the season started not knowing what this team is capable of. I don't think there is many, if any, that's gonna stop this run-a-away. Unless we get into a dog fight with NDSU and it comes down to the kicking game, the Grizzlies are rollin thru.

I'll be happy just having the opportunity to play NDSU after last season. Plus the revenge tour thing has worked out pretty well for us if they beat us...

I will agree that NDSU is on top of the mountain right, and they have proved it. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the Griz stayed with them the entire game and won. Dreaming? Maybe but from what I've seen so far, I'm very impressed and confident that the idea of an upset is very relevant.
UP WITH MONTANA BOYS!!!

As always, Griz fans have a tendency to get a little over-confident after a win, just as they tend to get a little depressed after a loss.

That said, NDSU isn't invincible.

NLGrizFan said:
THE HERD said:
We're your huckleberry. :cool:
Win or lose, it would be an OUTSTANDING match up!! Hope to see it go down in Frisco!!

I totally agree with ya! This would be a tough game for both squads and would probably come down to who has home field.......now if it was at a certain neutral field in say, oh I don't know.....Texas maybe......things would get very interesting. What a party it would be with both great fan bases invading the lone star state!!

THE HERD said:
NLGrizFan said:
THE HERD said:
We're your huckleberry. :cool:
Win or lose, it would be an OUTSTANDING match up!! Hope to see it go down in Frisco!!

I totally agree with ya! This would be a tough game for both squads and would probably come down to who has home field.......now if it was at a certain neutral field in say, oh I don't know.....Texas maybe......things would get very interesting. What a party it would be with both great fan bases invading the lone star state!!
I'm really hoping that is what it comes down to. If the seeding falls into place this could be a reality!! I can see it now...Maroon on one side and Yellow on the other! I better settle down with all this cuz it's only Week 3 :lol:

Blgs Griz Fan said:
For right now let's take it one game at a time.

This here for both teams.

But if both teams take care of business the rest of the year hopefully the NCAA puts them on opposites brackets. They would be fools not too with both teams selling out.

Frisco would be awesome with these two fan bases.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Just stop this right now.

NDSU is the king and nobody else is close.

Absolutely right! NDSU is the Alabama of FCS right now. Two-time defending national champions ( and won on the field, not by a vote) and until they lose they will continue to be the top dogs.

The way the Griz are playing right now makes me think we may be the Oregon Ducks look-alikes. Dominating in our first 2 wins, our 2 toughest opponents will both play us in Wa-Griz (Cal Poly and the Beagles). We could easily be on the way to an undefeated regular season and 3 home playoff games, which we will get if we finish the conference season without a loss.

NDSU has 2 potentially tough games on the road - SDSU and Youngstown, but barring a loss at either of these and possibly even with a loss at one of these, they will also have 3 home playoff games. This would all lead to an epic battle in Frisco for the NC which is how it should be. Our only chance is if JJ is the second coming of Dave Dickenson..

Now wouldn't that be something to see.

The only thing that MAY slow down the train is any injuries. Hopefully the boys are conditioned well and stay healthy through a tough schedule after next week.

Back