• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A football thread!? Kinda..

Geddes

DONOR
My favorite offense football play is the inside trap. Simple, quick, and demoralizing when you know it is coming, and still can't stop it. Old school I know..you young whippersnappers can go fuck yourself.. I recall a game against Sentinel with Coach Ek at the helm, where I believe we drove 70 yards on the inside trap alone. Granted, Sentinel was beaten soundly by their ladies powder puff team that year, but if a team cannot stop a play you are running, why go away from it? How does this apply to the Griz you ask? Last year it seemed that the offense would find a play, or set of plays that worked, then for some reason, those plays disappeared. Granted, some of that obviously has to do with defensive adjustments. But, too many times positive plays were just discarded. I have high hopes that the new OC(s) will not follow in those footsteps. This is coming from someone who has never coached college football, thus meaningless; however, to adhere to egriz standards, you all are fucking idiots..

Now that this is an official football thread, I shall drift a bit..

For anyone who enjoys shooting shotguns at things, the Jesse Geddes Memorial takes place May 24th-26th. It is a registered skeet shoot, however there are many opportunities for those who have not actually entered into the competitive realm of skeet shooting. Events include, doubles, 12 gauge, 20 gauge, 28 gauge, and 410 bore. If you think you are good, come shoot the 410, big boy.....plus, we tend to have a bit of fun afterwards..If interested, you can send an email to [email protected] and I can give you more info.

What is your favorite offensive football play? Spare us, all mighty moderator gods..

Geddes said:
I recall a game against Sentinel with Coach Ek at the helm, where I believe we drove 70 yards on the inside trap alone.

I remember when Coach Ek was at the helm...for Sentinel!

Geddes, god bless your little heart for getting an acutal football thread going.

If you (or anyone) is a griz fan since the 90s, how can your favorite play be anything other than the "griz screen." That play put us on the map. Then Bobby pissed all over our heritage. Pflu tried to bring it back and Engstrom fired him for it (basically) and now we're back to bobby ball. So sad.

Not only that, but now we have 2 OCs. I originally thought K-fense would be calling the passing plays and Lurch the running plays with oversight from Micky-D, but now it seems like K-Fense will call all the plays with oversight by Lurch:
GRAGG:“Kefense will call the plays. He'll be up in the box and coach the quarterbacks. My input is going to be more of, what are we going to do on 3rd-and-2? What about 1st-and-10? What about our opening series? What protections do you like and what run plays do you like?” http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61922

So, my question is, if K-fense calls the plays and Lurch will be doing general oversight and suggestion-type stuff, what the hell is Micky-D's role on the O? Please tell me it is not "clock managment" or deciding how many times to kick off.

Oh, and a shotgun is the greatest combination of wood and steel known to man. Even VP Biden approves.

garizzalies said:
Geddes, god bless your little heart for getting an acutal football thread going.

If you (or anyone) is a griz fan since the 90s, how can your favorite play be anything other than the "griz screen." That play put us on the map. Then Bobby pissed all over our heritage. Pflu tried to bring it back and Engstrom fired him for it (basically) and now we're back to bobby ball. So sad.

Not only that, but now we have 2 OCs. I originally thought K-fense would be calling the passing plays and Lurch the running plays with oversight from Micky-D, but now it seems like K-Fense will call all the plays with oversight by Lurch:
GRAGG:“Kefense will call the plays. He'll be up in the box and coach the quarterbacks. My input is going to be more of, what are we going to do on 3rd-and-2? What about 1st-and-10? What about our opening series? What protections do you like and what run plays do you like?” http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61922

So, my question is, if K-fense calls the plays and Lurch will be doing general oversight and suggestion-type stuff, what the hell is Micky-D's role on the O? Please tell me it is not "clock managment" or deciding how many times to kick off.

Oh, and a shotgun is the greatest combination of wood and steel known to man. Even VP Biden approves.

Along with managing the clock and deciding the strategy on kickoffs, Delaney will still be in charge of the following:

Keeping his headphones on and his false teeth in
Staying out of Alex Bienemann's way on the sidelines
Protecting his starting safeties from any harsh criticism
And of course, overall punt team "quality control"

Other then that, the Griz are on "autopilot"

Probably just at the club itself. However, we have been known to make our way down the road to Fred's..you should see the peeler's faces light up, when a bunch of men walk in with gun powder residue all over their faces..apparently under black light, it resembles nose candy..there is no greater feeling then duping a goddamn stripper..ok, maybe a few greater feelings, but I am a simple man..

Also, my favorite pass play is the wheel..

garizzalies said:

Let me help you "jokers" out....ah....it's called middle screen. :egriz:

rimrockgriz said:
garizzalies said:

Let me help you "jokers" out....ah....it's called middle screen. :egriz:

Yes it's the middle screen but look in most HS playbooks in the state and it's called the "Griz Screen". Designed by Don Read and perfected by early 90's Griz teams.

If you are referring to Air Master Read's screen, I would have classified it more as a bubble, but I don't want to split hairs, sweety..the term bubble seems to have become the lexicon for pretty much all wr sceen plays.

Geddes said:
If you are referring to Air Master Read's screen, I would have classified it more as a bubble, but I don't want to split hairs, sweety..the term bubble seems to have become the lexicon for pretty much all wr sceen plays.

Yes more "bubble" than "middle" but basically the same play except for the wr route after the catch.

I agree!

Wait, is agreeing allowed?

Fuck that play was fun to watch. Defenses pointing to exactly where the play was going, and still getting 8-10. It also helped having borderline midgets scampering behind behemoths..what is shannon cabunoc up to these days?

Back