• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

95 Days!!!!!!!!

You in that big a hurry for a Ass whoop-in and a Long ride home in a Airoplane? Well at least the Beer will be cold! 7-0 after the first, Griz. :cry:

#95 Tonga Takai
Montana: Tonga had an excellent spring and emerged as a starter at one of UM's defensive tackle positions.

2011: He played in 8 games and recorded 6 tackles.

2010: He was a redshirt.

High School: He was chosen first team all-conference and honorable mention all-state at Damien Memorial High School...earned 10 letters in five different sports: football (3), track and field (4), wrestling (1), canoe paddling (1), and judo (1)...won Lineman Award in football senior season, as well as Field Athlete of the Year Award in track... team captain in football as a senior...high school football coach was Panahou Aina. Career Highs: He had 2 tackles in two different games in 2011. He had a pass deflection against Northern Colorado last season.

Personal: He is a sociology major. His parents are Vivieni and Ilisapeti Takai of Honolulu. Birth date: November 29, 1992.

Year-G/S-Solo-Ast=TT-TFL-Sacks- Int-PD-FR-FF-BLK

2011-8/0-1-5=6-0.5(-1)-0-0-1-0-0-0

BDizzle said:
He lettered in canoe paddling?!! Dang I wish I grew up in Hawaii.

If you saw how hard those Hawaiian outrigger paddlers work, you might revise your desires a bit...although I agree that growing up in Hawai'i still wouldn't s_ck. ;)

CrunchGriz said:
BDizzle said:

If you saw how hard those Hawaiian outrigger paddlers work, you might revise your desires a bit...although I agree that growing up in Hawai'i still wouldn't s_ck. ;)

I'm not saying it would be easy. But a tough day of canoe paddling in Hawaii beats a good day of dodgeball in Laurel, MT.

Chris is in Hawaii right now. He lives a hard life.

I've been told that Tonga fully dedicated himself to football after last season's frustrations. He has always had the talent, but with better conditioning and strength training look for him to be a potential all-american this year. He is the most exciting interior d-lineman we have had going back to 3-Bills (Alan Saenz). I look forward to a huge season from the big Hawaiian. One more reason why we are in store for an excellent season.

BDizzle said:
CrunchGriz said:
BDizzle said:

I'm not saying it would be easy. But a tough day of canoe paddling in Hawaii beats a good day of dodgeball in Laurel, MT.

I don't know, even a bad day of dodgeball is hard to beat... :twocents:

OptimusPrime said:
BDizzle said:
CrunchGriz said:
BDizzle said:

I don't know, even a bad day of dodgeball is hard to beat... :twocents:

Do they even let the kids play dodgeball during PE anymore?

A letter in canoe paddling -- I think that's really cool. I recently read that the State of Kentucky (pretty sure it was KY anyhow) added bass fishing as a competitive high school sport. How much fun would that be, to head out to the lake for practice every day after school? Someone ought to start to push for adding fly fishing as a high school team sport in Montana.

OldtiredGRiz said:
A letter in canoe paddling -- I think that's really cool. I recently read that the State of Kentucky (pretty sure it was KY anyhow) added bass fishing as a competitive high school sport. How much fun would that be, to head out to the lake for practice every day after school? Someone ought to start to push for adding fly fishing as a high school team sport in Montana.

That is a fantastic idea!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Back