• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

7:45 scrimmage tonight

BWahlberg

DONOR
For those who can't make it I will be there and will be live tweeting plays. My Twitter account can be found below. I'll do a write up later as well. This scrimmage is open to the public so come on out!

Thanks for covering the scrimmage BWahl

things i learned tonight.
-Our punter has a powerful leg.
-The kickers struggled to hit short kicks.
-Van and Counts are beasts
-Harper made some big plays
-Simis has real SPEED

and that you offended the former mayor of bozeman with all your griz twitter posts. HAHA

Wanted: Kicker that can boot it between the posts..

This is the weakest part of our game. They didnt look very good this evening.

It will help having a signal caller that can put it in the endzone. May see an abnormally high number of 4th down attempts from fg range.

Calling Griz Psych. Calling Griz Psych. Someone get with our kickers. Watching tonight it is apparent the problems lie between the ears and it is all confidence for Lider. They need to get a sports psychologists to work with this kid ASAP. He definitely has enough leg - accuracy slightly off. Emphasis on slightly, but his body language is awful. Needs some confidence and appeared MD was giving the other kicker(s) plenty of opportunities. None were very good tonight.

Place kicking :eek:

All else looked pretty decent ....jj looked very good, team leader

Shaw's punting outstanding

I thought the backup QB's were all really improved. In the new offense, I'm not that scared of one or more of them having to play...

WyomingGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
Shaw may punt on Sundays.

Can he kick Field Goals?

I've wondered the same thing. All last year in warm-ups before games he was drop kicking the ball 50 yards. Not accurately, but it was a drop kick. Wonder what he could do with a set ball.

grizfan95 said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
Shaw may punt on Sundays.

Can he kick Field Goals?

I've wondered the same thing. All last year in warm-ups before games he was drop kicking the ball 50 yards. Not accurately, but it was a drop kick. Wonder what he could do with a set ball.

Shaw punts the ball a mile so he's obvioulsy got a strong leg. He's huge, christ he looks like a DT. He could be our version of Janakowski (bigger, powerful NFL place-kicker). What do we have to lose with trying him on FG's? Nothing at this point. :cry: :thumb:

Lou Groza was 6'3" 240 lbs and over a 21 year career was 264 - 481 for 54.9 % on FGs. A hell of a lot better than what we got now. :shock:

Back