• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

37 DAYS!!!

GreatAppSt

ASU #37 :D :cool:

Wright, Lee

OLB 5-11 200 Fr.

York, S.C.
(York Comprehensive)

http://www.appstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=104461&SPID=12811&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=208647162&Q_SEASON=2013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

#37 is the number traditionally given to one of our best players. We raise the #37 flag before each game. Thought you might be interested in that tidbit. :thumb:

The #37 Jersey is a tradition began in 1987 by then Running Back Kraig Paulson. The tradition holds that whomever wears the #37 jersey selects a in-state recruit and leading defensive player to wear it next.

Player

Pos.

Hometown

Years with jersey

Kraig Paulson RB Plentywood 1983-86
Tim Hauck DB Big Timber 1987-1989
Todd Ericson DB Butte 1990-1993
Jason Crebo LB Helena 1994-1997
Andy Petek DE Helena 1998-2000
Ciche Pitcher DE Anaconda 2001-03
Loren Utterback LB Fort Benton 2004-2007
Carson Bender DT Deer Lodge 2008-2010
Ryan Fetherston DE Helena 2011
Jordan Tripp LB Missoula 2012-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_Grizzlies_football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hmmmm...I thought it didn't matter as long as the person was an in-state recruit...I figured it has just been on a run of defensive players.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Hmmmm...I thought it didn't matter as long as the person was an in-state recruit...I figured it has just been on a run of defensive players.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it doesn't HAVE to be a defensive players....

'68griz said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
I am pretty sure it does, correct me if I am wrong.

'68griz said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

dang. I was gonna ask a question but it appears you guys don't know. I was gonna ask why a tradition that was started with a running back led to only defensive players passing it on?

yellowstone60 said:
Kraig Paulson RB Plentywood 1983-86
Tim Hauck DB Big Timber 1987-1989
Todd Ericson DB Butte 1990-1993
Jason Crebo LB Helena 1994-1997
Andy Petek DE Helena 1998-2000
Ciche Pitcher DE Anaconda 2001-03
Loren Utterback LB Fort Benton 2004-2007
Carson Bender DT Deer Lodge 2008-2010
Ryan Fetherston DE Helena 2011
Jordan Tripp LB Missoula 2012-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_Grizzlies_football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Unless there used to be different names for positions I think this answers everyone's questions.

yellowstone60 said:
'68griz said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

Nope, doesn't have to be a defensive player. This has been beaten to death on here. The ONLY criteria is that it has to be Montana kid. Offensive players are eligible as well (note the first #37 was a fullback)

Back