• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2025 UM Football Recruiting Offers (70), Transfers/2024 Additions (8)

20 offers in Cali.
10 offers in TX.

Anybody remember EVER a year where we had that many offers out to TX ball players?
I don’t. I would love to know the pipelines if they are there, or the rationale for the overall strategy being employed. Early offers, highly rated recruits, and recruits with many offers. Maybe just as simple as trying to capitalize on recent success, but it seems drastic compared to last year for sure.

I don’t. I would love to know the pipelines if they are there, or the rationale for the overall strategy being employed. Early offers, highly rated recruits, and recruits with many offers. Maybe just as simple as trying to capitalize on recent success, but it seems drastic compared to last year for sure.
Something tells me it's twofold:
1) the "normalization" of the process after Covid
2) a shift in strategy for more speed/size, with "game-ready" players and not projects

How funny. I was JUST thinking last night before I went to bed how weird it was there was not a SINGLE commitment yet from any of the 50+ offers we have out there...and wake up this morning to this. Awesome news, let's hope its the first of many in the coming weeks.

Just noticed this kid decommitted from AFA after committing there last June...really nice get.

Now, let's go get that QB throwing to him in his 7 on 7 videos...

How funny. I was JUST thinking last night before I went to bed how weird it was there was not a SINGLE commitment yet from any of the 50+ offers we have out there...and wake up this morning to this. Awesome news, let's hope its the first of many in the coming weeks.

Just noticed this kid decommitted from AFA after committing there last June...really nice get.

Now, let's go get that QB throwing to him in his 7 on 7 videos...
My understanding is he was enrolled in the Air Force Prep Academy last year (Graduated HS 2023). The prep academy purposely stays unaccredited so that athletes don’t burn a year of eligibility. He is effectively a true freshman this year, and I expect him to utilize a RS year. Go Griz!

Something tells me it's twofold:
1) the "normalization" of the process after Covid
2) a shift in strategy for more speed/size, with "game-ready" players and not projects
Add that many recruits are now willing to play down or commit to schools where they think they may see the field right away (or in a shorter period of time) in hopes they can use the portal later to sign with their "dream" team... this has been an open discussion among recruits going to the G5 for a couple of years and then ending in the portal to a P4 school. Makes sense this would apply to all levels of recruits, certainly adds a new dimension to the process. I can only image how that has changed the look of a teams depth chart...not to exclude how much more staff time is involved in keeping up with this for better or worse...

Committed to Idaho last month. Posted a Griz offer this morning. A new era of recruiting, lol.
It seems like these offers are coming in the midst of phone conversations so whichever coach is talking to the kid should be able to deduce what their level of interest is. He had to have been fairly happy with the conversation in order to consider the offer and then post the offer, otherwise he could have just said no thanks I'm already committed. I think nowadays recruiting continues until they actually sign their NLI, and after that they can still portal out.

Back