• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2025 UM Football Recruiting Offers (48), 2025 HS Verbals (5), Transfers/2024 Additions (8)

Lubbock is terrible. The Jones is a pig with lipstick on it. They keep throwing millions upon millions toward that thing and it's just a crappy old stadium inside. I guess if you like having tortillas thrown at you, it's the place to be.

Been to probably 30 games in that stadium. It's a lot like Wa/Griz...lots of glitz and glamour, but underneath it's showing its age. But every weekend there's 65,000 faithful fans in Jones, pulling for the Red Raiders....it's an awesome football experience with one of the coolest runouts in all of sports.

Lubbock is terrible. The Jones is a pig with lipstick on it. They keep throwing millions upon millions toward that thing and it's just a crappy old stadium inside. I guess if you like having tortillas thrown at you, it's the place to be.
I don't know anything about the stadium, but I know for sure there's a lot worse places to be than Lubbock. El Paso for one, Albuquerque for another.

Back