• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2014-15 PG candidate

grizzlyjournal

Is it too early to start thinking about 2014-15 prospects? Nope!

While a majority of college hoops sites are poorly maintained right now, http://www.verbalcommits.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has the Griz roster http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/montana" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; precisely aligned, as in: no Spencer Coleman (no Billy Reader), but with Brandon Gfeller, Mario Dunn, Martin Breunig, Chris Kemp and Jack Lopez accurately described as rostered players.

Also, an "interesting" identification of Riley Bradshaw as a "verbal commit." (maybe this addresses the issue of who's on scholly & who's a "walk on.")

Most interesting is a new name: Milwaukee, Wisconsin H. S. point guard Jarvis Garnett (6-0, 165 lbs. & a 2-star prospect) as having "moderate" interest in the Griz (or vice-versa).

Make certain, while visiting the site, that you check out the video highlights of young Mr. Garnett. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtN42H_MllI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

... and, yep! I'm (also, as several others on this site) ready for Griz hoops.

Go Griz!

EverettGriz said:
Milwaukee, Wisconsin H. S. point guard Jarvis Garnett

Krysko influence??

I'm kind of curious why you think Krysko would be involved recruiting for us? Freddie Owens would be the man to influence him is my thought. This is a very competitive business and I'm not convinced that Krysko's teams at Utah would beat us and that is not a knock on him.

Griz1 said:
EverettGriz said:

Krysko influence??

I'm kind of curious why you think Krysko would be involved recruiting for us? Freddie Owens would be the man to influence him is my thought. This is a very competitive business and I'm not convinced that Krysko's teams at Utah would beat us and that is not a knock on him.

Well, I doubt it too. But recruiting is a funny business, and generally we aren't going to be after the same level of players as Utah. And I'm not suggesting that it was a direct referal from LK. But coaches, administrators, guidance counselors become aware of a place like Montana through people like LK, and that can have an impact on schools kids consider.

EverettGriz said:
Griz1 said:
EverettGriz said:

Krysko influence??

Well, I doubt it too. But recruiting is a funny business, and generally we aren't going to be after the same level of players as Utah. And I'm not suggesting that it was a direct referal from LK. But coaches, administrators, guidance counselors become aware of a place like Montana through people like LK, and that can have an impact on schools kids consider.

Thanks for the response I was curious to see why you thought Krysko may be involved.

Not sure who led the kid to us, or the GRIZ to him. I do hope it was not Freddy. If so, might be a little hard to land this kid anytime soon.

mtgrizrule said:
Not sure who led the kid to us, or the GRIZ to him. I do hope it was not Freddy. If so, might be a little hard to land this kid anytime soon.

why don't you just say what you mean, instead of posting like The Riddler? he is gone, plain and simple

Grizbacker1 said:
mtgrizrule said:

why don't you just say what you mean, instead of posting like The Riddler? he is gone, plain and simple

It is funner this way. After all, it has not been made official by or from the school yet. Some people get sensitive and are asses on here for posting crap before anything is official. How dare anyone ever be wrong here, or not 100% correct. :thumb:

I like Gfeller for his shooting ability but I think Dunn is a potential star he is very explosive and works well inside, amazing ball handling skills, hardworking and can dunk like a madman. I can't wait to watch this kid in action I'm sure most of you have seen this but here are some of his highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbGsjdshJbs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It amuses me that one Mike Montgomery would forego recruiting Mario Dunn because he was deemed too small. http://www.maxpreps.com/news/4jMpEl1--EKdqk3MoeI05Q/mario-dunn-leads-salesian-to-comeback-victory-over-de-la-salle-at-mlk-classic.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; As Jabari Bird, a five-star recruit going to California was citing as saying: "Personally I think Mario is the toughest player in the country...I tried to get the (Cal) coaches to check him out but they said he was too small."

With Dunn variously listed between 5'11" and 6'0" I wonder if the California coaching staff considered Trey Burke too small as well. Burke, listed as 6'1," drafted ninth overall by the Minnesota Timberwolves in the latest NBA Draft; the 2012-13 National Player of the Year and a First Team NCAA All-American as a sophomore.

Griz1 said:
EverettGriz said:
Griz1 said:
EverettGriz said:
Krysko influence??

Thanks for the response I was curious to see why you thought Krysko may be involved.

Are you referring to when Krysko was the head coach of the Bucks?

Back