• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2013 Season Record Predictions

Sundown

It's that time to make our predictions for this season!

Post your win-loss record for the Griz this year.

Non-conference: 3-0
Conference: 8-1
Post-Season: 3-1 or 4-0

W-L: 15-1 or 16-1

Summary: BSC co-champs, deep run in playoffs, possible FCS champs. Any team that takes Montana lightly because of last year are going to be in for a terrible surprise.

I won't go into the postseason, but here's my prediction.

Out of conference: 3-1
In conference: 7-1
Total: 10-2

I think we lose to ASU and NAU.

However, I'm feeling better about this team as the weeks go by.

Undefeated is not out of the question if we can stay healthy.

Out of conference 4-0
In Conference 7-1

I think Cal Poly shows up big. But a deep run into the plaoffs and a nail biting semi final round against NDSU

Non conference: 4-0. App State game is a toss up, but I have a feeling well find a way to pull it out. No way UND turns into a shoot out like last year.

Conference: 6-2. I can't say which games, but with how improved the BSC has become, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Griz drop a couple, such as NAU, EWU or Cal Poly. I'm not going to include MSU because as we saw last year, our worst team in decades barely lost to them. I see another W in Bozeman this year.

Playoffs: We should win at least one game with the watered down playoff teams this year with more teams in and no App State or GSU. If we can get home games, could be a deep run.

4-0 non-conference
6-2 conference (loss vs Cal Poly & @Sac St)
Co-Champs (tie-breaker over MSU w/head-to-head win)
Maybe seeded 5 thru 8 in the playoffs?
Win at least one playoff game (might as well win them all)

I'm going to go with 8-4.

Losses are App, @NAU, @SAC and @MSU.

Of course they could surprise and win those, or surprise the other way and lose against Cal Poly and EWU as well (that would suck).

Having JJ back is huge obviously, but there are still some questions that remain on offense, defense, and coaching.

We'll find out soon enough just how improved the Griz are. Can't wait for the season to finally begin! Hopefully I'll be proven wrong and we'll tear up the Big Sky, finishing with a nice beatdown of the Cats in Bozeman :)

No way does this team lose to Suc two years in a row. 2506 has a better chance of winning a Nobel Prize.

7-5 is what I think the regular season will wind up. I think we beat the cats, teams with top notch o-lines like ours will be running on them by the end of the season. I am not going to predict any playoff wins or losses yet.

indian-outlaw said:
7-5 is what I think the regular season will wind up. I think we beat the cats, teams with top notch o-lines like ours will be running on them by the end of the season. I am not going to predict any playoff wins or losses yet.

I wouldn't worry about the playoffs at 7-5, outlaw!

Potomac Griz said:
I'm going to go with 8-4.

Losses are App, @NAU, @SAC and @MSU.

Of course they could surprise and win those, or surprise the other way and lose against Cal Poly and EWU as well (that would suck).

Having JJ back is huge obviously, but there are still some questions that remain on offense, defense, and coaching.

We'll find out soon enough just how improved the Griz are. Can't wait for the season to finally begin! Hopefully I'll be proven wrong and we'll tear up the Big Sky, finishing with a nice beatdown of the Cats in Bozeman :)

This is a reasonable prediction IMO. This year's Griz team isn't as good as the 2011 team that went 9-3 and made it to the semi-finals. Only time will tell.

Back