• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2013 Predictions Poll

Now that JJ has made his return, how far will the Griz get in 2013?

• Miss the playoffs

Votes: 19 13.2%
  • First-Round

Votes: 18 12.5%
  • Second-Round

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Quarterfinal

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • Semifinal

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • National Championship

Votes: 31 21.5%

• Total voters
pussycatkillerz said:
PlayMakers back... Does this change your predictions for 2013?

National Championship is leading.... nice!!

Can anyone tell me the significance of the number 3172?

spokaneman said:
pussycatkillerz said:

UM's total yards in 2012 without JJ

Go back to 2011 with JJ and it was 4580 (granted with more games)

BWahlberg said:
spokaneman said:
pussycatkillerz said:

Naaa - that was the passing yards surrendered by the secondary last year... most in the big sky... JJ wont be able to help that....

spokaneman said:
BWahlberg said:
spokaneman said:
pussycatkillerz said:

Naaa - that was the passing yards surrendered by the secondary last year... most in the big sky... JJ wont be able to help that....

sure he will.... most likely the Griz clock control is a lot better with JJ under center... thus causing less time for the opponent to have/move the ball....

spokaneman said:
BWahlberg said:
spokaneman said:
pussycatkillerz said:

He will absolutely help! Do you know the game of football? You shouldn't need an explanation but do you?
**funny water beat me to it!**

spokaneman said:
BWahlberg said:
spokaneman said:
pussycatkillerz said:

here are my three pics for 2013 just for you spokaneman. #1. Griz kick ewoo ass. #2. You are still a troll. #3. You are still posting here in spite of #1 and #2 :shock:

Call me a naysayer, but there is no possibility of the GRIZ defeating NDSU. They are loaded, have momentum, boast a growing fan base and facilities and are well coached. Sorry GRIZZERS. Let's just start with spring ball before we look to season predictions.

66volvo said:
Call me a naysayer, but there is no possibility of the GRIZ defeating NDSU. They are loaded, have momentum, boast a growing fan base and facilities and are well coached. Sorry GRIZZERS. Let's just start with spring ball before we look to season predictions.

Well, while I voted quarters and not national championship, I think the poll is asking to what level of playoffs the Griz advance, not necessarily that they WIN the national championship, just that the reach the game in Frisco.

Way to early to even speculate! Will wait at least till spring ball has concluded to start making any kind of prediction(s). And God forbid, theres the looming possibility of more senior moments.

during his college days, it was said that the only person that could stop/control Michael Jordan was his Carolina coach Dean Smith.

it may be said given last years bonehead coaching, that the only person or persons that will effectively stop the Griz is our HC and his staff.

We have talent and some needed depth at key positions, secondary is an issue....but with JJ stepping up we have a shot to see a nine or ten win season.

66volvo said:

I get where you're coming from, and agree with most of it, but wasn't that very same thing said about the Griz in 2008...right before their trip to face JMU & Superman Landers, in their house, for the semi-final game?

While I am jacked to have JJ back and play, I am thrilled to know he will help McKinney develop. Kid got dealt a rough hand and did pretty darn well. Gotta build some depth.

I'm more skeptical about our chances than others on here. We don't have a secondary, as BW's defensive analysis showed how wide open it is, and JJ is going to be pretty rusty after going through hell. Ty hasn't shown enough championship flare on the D side, and co-offensive coord's are going to need a season to work out the kinks. This will be another rebuilding year.

cody45051 said:
I'm more skeptical about our chances than others on here. We don't have a secondary, as BW's defensive analysis showed how wide open it is, and JJ is going to be pretty rusty after going through hell. Ty hasn't shown enough championship flare on the D side, and co-offensive coord's are going to need a season to work out the kinks. This will be another rebuilding year.

Nope. The secondary will do just fine with a season of experience under their belts. This team will be a force to be reckoned with this fall. A rebuilding year? You do realize that we lose all the starting LB's after this season? What does that mean for next year? Another rebuilding year?

I hate to even mention it, but UM still has the NCAA hanging over its head, not to mention the DOE. The DOJ investigation is more concerned, I believe, with the city and county, but it's hanging around too. In recent years, the NCAA is a true wildcard and I don't think anyone can predict exactly what will or won't happen. And who knows, the anti-football sentiment might be trying to find sympathetic ears with the NCAA investigators. Hopefully all of the investigations will wrap up soon.

EverettGriz said:
66volvo said:

Well, while I voted quarters and not national championship, I think the poll is asking to what level of playoffs the Griz advance, not necessarily that they WIN the national championship, just that the reach the game in Frisco.

After the win last year against South Dakota, there were e-griz posters suggesting a National Title run if the Griz beat ASU the following week. Bold predictions are nothing new for Griz nation. Not only is NDSU
a road block but so is SHSU. Do you remember how slow SHSU made MSU look in that playoff game?
That will be a big challenge to overcome if the Griz expect to go to the championship game.

Latest posts

Back