• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2013 MVP?

biga75

DONOR
I know there are two regular season games left, but I've had a thought bugging me the last couple of days.
If the team awards were given out tonight, who do you give the MVP trophy to?
I can think of three candidates right off the bat:
Jordan Tripp - has made some huge plays on defense at critical times (forced fumble vs USD, blocked FG vs Cal Poly). Plus his leadership on the defensive side of the ball.
Ellis Henderson - two OT game winning touchdown catches plus the TD KO return vs USD to go along with various other big play receptions.
Jordan Johnson - Would the Griz be 8-2 if he had decided not to stay a UM after all of he endured during 2012?
Or is there a dark horse that has been steady all year long?
I'd like to know what everybody else's thoughts are.
Discuss.

Those are deserving front-runners, as you mentioned. Canada too. Those are the most obvious.

I'll submit some others, in my opinion...Kistler, Poehls, Coyle, Hermanson.

Ellis Henderson has been fantastic, but without a qb getting him the ball, where would he be? My vote goes to JJ with EH a very, very close 2nd.

Griz2k said:
Ellis Henderson has been fantastic, but without a qb getting him the ball, where would he be? My vote goes to JJ with EH a very, very close 2nd.

Yup, JJ without a doubt

Offense: Henderson & JJ

Defense: Coyle & Hermanson

While Tripp may be the unsung leader of this team, he has had an off year. I think Coyle and Hermanson are more deserving of MVP accolades at this point.

JJ and EH split the award for me. They go together like Montana to Rice. One is not as good without the other.

I am glad people are mentioning Hermanson. He has really impressed me the last 4 games. He sold me on his future when I seen him at USD. Hermanson is an all conference safety next season. He has really turned it around this season. I am looking forward to his SR year.

Tripp has: 78 total tackles, 4.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 2 INT's, 2 PBU, one FG block, 3 FF, 2 FR's and One touchdown. I agree, it seems like he's having an off year, BUT that's a pretty damn productive OFF YEAR.

mtgrizrule said:
JJ and EH split the award for me. They go together like Montana to Rice. One is not as good without the other.

I am glad people are mentioning Hermanson. He has really impressed me the last 4 games. He sold me on his future when I seen him at USD. Hermanson is an all conference safety next season. He has really turned it around this season. I am looking forward to his SR year.

Definitly kudos to Hermanson (Tully at times as well).

Hermanson has played with his hair on fire lately, bringing the wood. Playing aggressively. I now call him:

Hermanson the Hammer

Hammer said:
Bear Axed said:
Worst frosh of the year, no one else is close to Worst

Why did you go there?? Completely unnecessary, in my opinion. It wasn't funny.
Because after the 1st 2 games I thought we'd lose at least three games due to poor kicking

I'm happy we have the worst kicker in the Conf. for three more years and he is a walk-on

SCORING (KICK)

1. Ben Worst-UM FR 8 33-33 9-14 60 7.5
2. Brendon Garcia-ISU SR 10 23-26 16-21 71 7.1
3. Colton Cook-SUU SR 10 20-21 16-20 68 6.8
4. Kevin Miller-EWU SR 10 49-53 5-7 64 6.4
5. Rory Perez-MSU SR 10 32-37 7-14 53 5.3
Bobby Zalud-CP SR 10 32-33 7-13 53 5.3
7. Stuart-UCD SO 10 18-18 11-18 51 5.1
8. Zeb Miller-UND SR 10 27-29 7-11 48 4.8
9. Jesse Aguilar-SAC JR 10 29-30 4-11 41 4.1
10. Andy Wilder-NAU SR 9 15-16 7-12 36 4.0

PAT KICKING PCT
1. Ben Worst-UM FR 8 33 33 100.0
2. Bobby Zalud-CP SR 10 32 33 97.0
3. Jesse Aguilar-SAC JR 10 29 30 96.7
4. Nick Fernandez-PSU JR 9 27 28 96.4
5. Colton Cook-SUU SR 10 20 21 95.2
6. Zeb Miller-UND SR 10 27 29 93.1
7. Kevin Miller-EWU SR 10 49 53 92.5
8. Brendon Garcia-ISU SR 10 23 26 88.5
9. Rory Perez-MSU SR 10 32 37 86.5

MVP, Jordy or Henderson on offense. On defense it's a tough call between Tripp or Coyle. Tripp has made some impressive plays to save games, Coyle is the workhorse, and has made some game saving plays too.

Griz2k said:
Ellis Henderson has been fantastic, but without a qb getting him the ball, where would he be?

in the endzone after a kick/punt return? throwing an awesome block? he would be lots of places, which is why he's the mvp so far, at least for me.

Hands down not even close in my opinion...Jordan Johnson. We saw what an impact he has made already. Look at the issues and struggles we had last year because of our QB situation. JJ at the helm has made all the difference. There is no way we win those come from behind Games where he marched the offense down the field with such poise, calmness, and efficiency if someone else was behind center.

JJ is is the overall team MVP. Like Hammer said, the end. However, I believe the team hands out quite a few awards named after former Griz' greats. I'm sure EH, Tripp and Coyle will get their due. I believe the players vote on team MVP.

Hammer said:
Jordan Johnson. The end!

This. But I would add Coyle on D, guy has been a workhorse. Tripp close second on D, he has had some big plays.... Cal Poly and SD most recently.

Plus: Sorry Brint didn't mean to plagiarize your words about Tripp and Coyle. Growler would call me your minion now. :lol:

Jordan Johnson on offense with Ellis Henderson a close second, and Brock Coyle on defense with a few players battling for second.

Heck, just make it 10 to 7 on offense because they go so good together.

Latest posts

Back