• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2013 Grizzlies Season?

GrizPony

Despite my despair about last season's coaching, I am really optimistic about our recruiting class and the prospects for the team this year. Anyone else feel that way?

I expect a return to the playoffs, and like 1 win. Anything better than that, will be a good season. No playoffs, then Delaney has to go.

Brother, my optimism is abound! That ain't just the homer talking. My optimism is high with the O, and not just because of Johnson. I feel we have the coaches in place who care.

Trip to the semi's. This team will surprise. Weakness is kicker unless he improves quickly. History says he will.

We have the talent to make a deep playoff run. Our front 7 and OL will both be among the best in the FCS and Johnson has All-American potential at QB. If our secondary and skill players and offense can step up, we will be a very tough team to beat.

the first game is gonna be a corner.....to turn. so it is my hope that we do not get off to a slow (weak) start.
play well and lose to a good team is one thing (i can handle that) to shoot yourself in the foot and not perform well enough to lose with dignity (strong)...........is weak.
looking for a strong start....no matter the outcome!
this will be a coaches game.....who can and who didn't

The defense will get more rest this year with a much more efficiently run offense. With improved safety play, this D will be dominating and the offense good enough to win. We have never had a front 7 as good and as deep as this one. Shaw is a special punter. Improved safety play, offense in the red zone and effective place kicking are what I'm looking for. The 2012 Griz were a tough team to beat in spite of the record. The 2013 Griz will be a very tough team to beat.

The revenge tour of 2011 will be reignited, State and EWU fans will pay dearly for their insolence. Semis or bust!

We have an extremely talented team across the board in 2013. One of the best front 7 on defense ever assembled by the Griz with outstanding depth across the d-line. Corners will also be a strength. On O, we have fast and athletic young receivers ready to step up, a great stable of running backs, a very talented o-line, and the key piece is JJ back at quarterback to lead the team. Almost forgot to mention the very talented weapon we have at punter as well. Potential weak links may still be safety, kicker, and coaching - hoping these areas aren't the glaring weakness they were at the end of last season.

I do expect this team to make it at least to the semis and won't be surprised by more. I can't wait to see the kickoff of the 2013 revenge tour "Year of the Griz".

WyomingGrizFan said:
Proud Griz Man said:
IMHO - UM needs a Big-time playmaker (e.g. - Douglass, Molden, Farris, Heidelberger, Segers, Mariani).

...Ellis Henderson?

Not knocking him, but EH had two touchdowns in 11 games? I think Joe Douglass had 5 or 6 TDs in one game at Cheney, and Douglass caught 25 TDs in two years at UM. The guys I listed above were BIG-time playmakers. IMHO.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39038&start=25" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RECEIVING - - - - - - - - - - - -GP No. Yards Avg TD Long Avg/G
Sam Gratton - - - - - - - - - 11 29 397 13.7 4 68 36.1
Greg Hardy - - - - - - - - - - 11 29 273 9.4 1 35 24.8
Ellis Henderson - - - - - - - - 11 23 360 15.7 2 45 32.7

Proud Griz Man said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
Proud Griz Man said:
IMHO - UM needs a Big-time playmaker (e.g. - Douglass, Molden, Farris, Heidelberger, Segers, Mariani).

...Ellis Henderson?

Not knocking him, but EH had two touchdowns in 11 games? I think Joe Douglass had 5 or 6 TDs in one game at Cheney, and Douglass caught 25 TDs in two years at UM. The guys I listed above were BIG-time playmakers. IMHO.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39038&start=25" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Harsh.

Remember, he was a Freshman with two unreliable and green QBs throwing to him.

Mariani didn't really explode until his Junior season. Henderson has big potential. He might not show it this year, but I guarantee with JJ throwing to him he'll put up much better numbers.

uofmman1122 said:
Proud Griz Man said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
Proud Griz Man said:

...Ellis Henderson?

Harsh.

Mariani didn't really explode until his Junior season. Henderson has big potential. He might not show it this year, but I guarantee with JJ throwing to him he'll put up much better numbers.
OK - its a 'Guarantee'. I was not being Harsh. I singled out nobody, and only said UM needs a big time playmaker, a difference maker. I did not mention Henderson, and only pointed out statistics.

Proud Griz Man said:
uofmman1122 said:
Proud Griz Man said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
...Ellis Henderson?

Harsh.

OK - its a 'Guarantee'. I was not being Harsh. I singled out nobody, and only said UM needs a big time playmaker, a difference maker. I did not mention Henderson, and only pointed out statistics.

Heres my last memory of Henderson last year. Griz/Cat game ripping down the friggin sidelines "making a play" to put the Griz in Putti-Tat territory. Followed by SSH craping himself. I have been riding Henderson since spring last year.

He's for real. Plus with JJ throwing it to him now. We didnt get Henderson the ball enough last year. He had big plays early a couple games and then Rosey being the genius play caller he was would not go back to him.

BW said it after the spring game. Johnson to Henderson is a "dangerous" combo.

Proud Griz Man...WOW... you're off on the wr comments. Your going to compare a frosh with Joe Doug??? :roll: Ellis had 2 raw qb's who had questionable accuracy at best. Hendy will soar in his soph year with a baller at the qb position.( if he stays healthy) Like man are you going to compare qb's to super dave after their first year?? I'm expecting 50 catches out of Ellis this year which is lofty for a soph, but he has it in him. :egriz:

Back