• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

1A......No Way

Spudbear

New member
I've heard talk on this board, around Mizzou, and over in my neck of the woods about the Griz going to 1A. I hope that doesn't happen!! My wife and I enjoy travelling to Missoula to watch regular season games and playoff games. The atmosphere is electric and the rivalries are fantastic.
I would rather see the Griz be able to win playoff games and play for an undisputed national championship. Alums, fans, and most of the damn state gets behind this football team. I would hate to see such a great thing go away in the name money, notoriety, or whatever compels a 1AA to move up.

On the other hand, A move to 1A might ignite a rivalry with Lousiana Lafayette or the like. The Griz may also garnish a conference championship and an automatic bid to play in the Yum Yum Bumble Bee Tuna Bowl. I would hate to see such a great program with such incredible backing linger in 1A obscurity!
 
Live4Griz said:
EvanVandal said:
You dont belong in D-1A.


Go Vandals.
Fire Cable
Get back the Stein


And I suppose you do? lol

Its been a long four years with Cable and might take another four to play like we did in 1998 but is well worth it.

Its a shame we wont play you next year, I really enjoy coming to your stadium.
 
EvanVandal said:
Live4Griz said:
EvanVandal said:
You dont belong in D-1A.


Go Vandals.
Fire Cable
Get back the Stein


And I suppose you do? lol

Its been a long four years with Cable and might take another four to play like we did in 1998 but is well worth it.

Its a shame we wont play you next year, I really enjoy coming to your stadium.


and we have really enjoyed spanking your D1-A arses for old time sake!

:lol:

come on back anytime!

GO GRIZ!
 
lumberbroker said:
EvanVandal said:
Live4Griz said:
EvanVandal said:
You dont belong in D-1A.


Go Vandals.
Fire Cable
Get back the Stein


And I suppose you do? lol

Its been a long four years with Cable and might take another four to play like we did in 1998 but is well worth it.

Its a shame we wont play you next year, I really enjoy coming to your stadium.


and we have really enjoyed spanking your D1-A arses for old time sake!

:lol:

come on back anytime!

GO GRIZ!

Series record my friend, series record.

UI leads 55-27-2
 
You're packin large stones even showin up around GRIZ town. Your team has been the disgrace of 1A and proof positive that YOU don't belong there. I'm not sure we will let you back in the Big Sky... :eek:
 
Most of the days of UI dominance occured when they were the only show in Idaho and when BSU was just getting started. When the Vandals went to I-A with Boise, they left their stable world where all they needed was a small loyal following, and they entered a world where TV markets and stadium sizes counted for a whole frickin' lot. Ever since Boise State has started to thrive, Idaho just can't keep up. Boise State can get the money to support a major program, and Idaho can't. Boise State's success can only be bad news for the Vandals. Therefore, they just won't be as consistently good ever again, and they'll never have their way with the Griz like they once did. Just look at the last ten games in the series. Enjoy your series record, Vandal.
 
EvanVandal said:
You dont belong in D-1A.


Go Vandals.
Fire Cable
Get back the Stein

Dude, you're gay.

Go Griz!!!

PS Boise doesn't even consider you a rival anymore. Hell, nor should we. Rivals keep it kicking eachother around. You're 1-4 against the Griz since you went IA. I bet the Cats could kick your ass next year. Get some balls and schedule them. They're old rivals as well. Later fagito.
 
EvanVandal said:
lumberbroker said:
EvanVandal said:
Live4Griz said:
And I suppose you do? lol

Its been a long four years with Cable and might take another four to play like we did in 1998 but is well worth it.

Its a shame we wont play you next year, I really enjoy coming to your stadium.


and we have really enjoyed spanking your D1-A arses for old time sake!

:lol:

come on back anytime!

GO GRIZ!

Series record my friend, series record.

UI leads 55-27-2

Yeah, and at one time Britain used to be the world super power. What's your point?
 
Florida is 12-1 against Georgia in the last 13 years, yet Georgia holds the series record and both teams consider each other rivals.


Go Vandals.
Go Bobcats.
 
EvanVandal said:
Florida is 12-1 against Georgia in the last 13 years, yet Georgia holds the series record and both teams consider each other rivals.


Go Vandals.
Go Bobcats.

And now the Vandals don't have a rival... not even Boise feels they have one with the Vandals. What's your win percentage since you guys went IA? Under .500

Vandals suck and need a new coach my friend, vandals suck.
 
Back to the topic at hand, there's been a lot of talk about GSU going 1-A (personally, I'm opposed, though I feel as though I may be the minorty on the GSU board).

With the Griz being one of the premiere 1-AA schools for the past decade (11 straight playoff apperances, I learned on Sunday), any discussions of you guys moving up??
 
Shakermaker said:
EvanVandal said:
Florida is 12-1 against Georgia in the last 13 years, yet Georgia holds the series record and both teams consider each other rivals.


Go Vandals.
Go Bobcats.

And now the Vandals don't have a rival... not even Boise feels they have one with the Vandals. What's your win percentage since you guys went IA? Under .500

Vandals suck and need a new coach my friend, vandals suck.



Boise/Idaho series.

Idaho leads 17-12-0

Idaho/Montana
UI leads 55-27-2


You need 30 more wins against us before you even start talk'n.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top