• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

11 Game Schedule?

bigkid

DONOR
:werd: I just noticed that nau only plays 11 games this year compared to 12 for other teams. This must be by design and they chose not to have that extra home game? I just thought it was kinda odd when adding up wins and losses.

bigkid said:
:werd: I just noticed that nau only plays 11 games this year compared to 12 for other teams. This must be by design and they chose not to have that extra home game? I just thought it was kinda odd when adding up wins and losses.

Maybe they expect a deep run in the playoffs..........

The CU Buffs had a game cancelled earlier this year by flooding in Boulder. I read in the paper that they were able to identify a fairly large number of teams that had scheduled less than the full quota of games. The Buffs were able to schedule Charleston Southern for a 'fill in' game on about 2 weeks notice.

For what it's worth the Buffs paid them $400k plus charter flight and hotel for the team for the game.

nzone said:
I believe ndsu only played an 11 game schedule as well. Must work.

You are correct, nzone, as per Bohl's request. Prior to this season, they had played 44 games.... 14 in 2010, 15 games in each of the last two seasons. That's a lot of football.

Back