• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

#1 In FCS Attendance again?

Griz Growler

With App St having such a down year I would guess Montana will again lead all FCS in attendance. I saw against a then ranked Geo. Southern team they only had about 22,500 at the game.

We will definitely lead the FCS in attendance this year due to App State's poor season. But a home game in the playoffs might lower our average just a little bit.

get'em_griz said:
We will definitely lead the FCS in attendance this year due to App State's poor season. But a home game in the playoffs might lower our average just a little bit.
I'm willing to take that hit. ;)

Grizzlies1982 said:
get'em_griz said:
I'm willing to take that hit. ;)
Better share with 420

According to Go Griz and the ASU website season stats we have YTD attendance of 129,706 for 5 home games and ASU is at 122,251 for 5 home games, so we are ahead but not as much as one might think. We both have one home game left. By comparison, for the 5 Griz away games total attendance was 42,662 so we are averaging 25,941 at home and 8,532 on the road.

Will be interesting to see what happens to attendance at The Rock if App struggles in their ransition like UMass did...

speaking of which, has there been a single program, other than Boise St, move up and have consistent success? Marshall had a couple of good years but have not been good overall. I can't think of any.

ranco said:
speaking of which, has there been a single program, other than Boise St, move up and have consistent success? Marshall had a couple of good years but have not been good overall. I can't think of any.

Idaho and Western Kentucky?

I kid. I can't think of any. Didn't UConn have a few nice seasons in the Big East? Nevada a couple of seasons ago upset Bouse with Kellen Moore. Not sure about Troy. Again, can't think of any that have any consistent success.

Back