• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

1 Griz & 1 former Griz in trouble

Dillon

Cherry - Deshields in trouble according to KECI - Disorderly conduct - resisting arrest for Cherry!

I would hate to be these guys in front of Wayne. That is one big man to piss off. Sure does not help his future, professionally. What was Deshields thinking? PG is his position to lose, with a very talented Dunn coming in, that will hurt him, and help Dunn. Even worse timing, with us looking for bigs, depending on the severity of the case, who knows what could happen?

Football, basketball, or normal student, stupid to put yourself in legal trouble.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/27/montana-star-will-cherry-tased-and-arrested-in-missoula/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope for Deshield's sake, he was just wrong person, wrong time when this happened. If, he had part in instigating or causing this, along with being around drugs (not saying he did anything associated with the drugs), his future as a GRIZ could very well be on the line. Prior to this, I was thinking if a scholarship was to be pulled would be Emerson's (due to the number's game), or Henderson's (due to his minor drinking and driving issue, and propensity to be tardy now and then).

Will the GRIZ end up with 2 additional late signees?

This, along with some recent football issues puts Engstrom on center stage. He doesn't have Pat Williams to pull his strings, so maybe he will pass the buck to Kent Haslam and go on vacation.

Lets wait until the whole story comes out before we rush to judgement (not that anyone here is doing that yet). I'm sure Tinkle will handle the situation appropriately.

Keep in mind, "Disorderly Conduct" charges can be for a number of things (many of them not really even being worthy of a charge), and the Missoula PD isn't exactly known for it's restraint or good decision making skills on the topic of tasing people either... Not saying the tasing wasn't deserved or the Disorderly Conduct wasn't deserved, just saying lets wait until more info is out there before we decide on the eGriz verdict :p

Potomac Griz said:
Lets wait until the whole story comes out before we rush to judgement (not that anyone here is doing that yet). I'm sure Tinkle will handle the situation appropriately.

Keep in mind, "Disorderly Conduct" charges can be for a number of things (many of them not really even being worthy of a charge), and the Missoula PD isn't exactly known for it's restraint or good decision making skills on the topic of tasing people either... Not saying the tasing wasn't deserved or the Disorderly Conduct wasn't deserved, just saying lets wait until more info is out there before we decide on the eGriz verdict :p

Most Missoula cops I met were asshats... so a disorderly conduct charge could be for something as simple as sneezing. :roll:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

bigsky33 said:
What is going on? The Griz are an embarassment to our State. Every week it's another headline.
Are you kidding? Dennis Rehberg is an embarrassment to the State. Two college basketball players in a fight is normal in any college town.....

bigsky33 said:
What is going on? The Griz are an embarassment to our State. Every week it's another headline.

You really want to start chucking rocks from your glass house? Didn't you have two basketball players breaking into people's cars and stealing their stereos fairly recently? I think disorderly conduct (which again could be from something as minor as being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or arguing with the cops) is a little different than breaking into people's property and stealing their shit...

Now scamper on back to your own forum and pretend your basketball program isn't a f'n mess, and is full of angels who never do anything wrong :thumb:

Potomac Griz said:
bigsky33 said:

You really want to start chucking rocks from your glass house? Didn't you have two basketball players breaking into people's cars and stealing their stereos fairly recently? I think disorderly conduct (which again could be from something as minor as being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or arguing with the cops) is a little different than breaking into people's property and stealing their shit...

Now scamper on back to your own forum and pretend your basketball program isn't a f'n mess, and is full of angels who never do anything wrong :thumb:

I can understand why your so sensitive. It's been a tough week and year for you guys.

Suggestion: Next fall in the mandatory orientation class for all Griz athletes they need to add the following section: "Why the Stockmans Bar is banned to you"

If anyone hasn't been to Stockman's recently, there's a new sign in the men's room that says if you get into a fight, you're banned from setting foot in there for six months. No joke.

mtgrizrule said:
I would hate to be these guys in front of Wayne. That is one big man to piss off. Sure does not help his future, professionally. What was Deshields thinking? PG is his position to lose, with a very talented Dunn coming in, that will hurt him, and help Dunn. Even worse timing, with us looking for bigs, depending on the severity of the case, who knows what could happen?

Football, basketball, or normal student, stupid to put yourself in legal trouble.

Not sure if there really was much of one but holy sh*t a lot less now! With all the BS and attention surrounding this great university, why in the hell can't these kids pull the ole head out of the ass!?!? Is it really the case that they just don't give a sh*t??

grizrgood said:
mtgrizrule said:

Not sure if there really was much of one but holy sh*t a lot less now! With all the BS and attention surrounding this great university, why in the hell can't these kids pull the ole head out of the ass!?!? Is it really the case that they just don't give a sh*t??
Given the unfortunately well earned reputation of the Missoula PD, I suggest avoiding judgement on this issue until we know specifically which heads were up which asses.

GrizWhiz said:
grizrgood said:
mtgrizrule said:

Given the unfortunately well earned reputation of the Missoula PD, I suggest avoiding judgement on this issue until we know specifically which heads were up which asses.

True about the Missoula PD. As for Cherry, he does have a pro career. Too bad his play has become enigmatic. Offensively, it is hard to know what to expect from him. His defense is NBA caliber. It is very hard to gauge his pro ceiling, or what route he needs to take. Making lame decisions anywhere does not help his path though. Come on Will, pull your head out of your ass, and live up to your potential!!

As for Deshields, I hope Wayne demotes him going into the season, and make him earn his playing time back. The GRIZ have Jamar and Dunn to run the offense. Dunn will push for rotational minutes from the get go, anyway.

Unlike my days at the university when rarely you ever heard of a fight and they occurred with the same frequency as today, it is almost instant news. Especially, with student athletes which is unfortunate. Although, we all want these incidents to stop, they aren't going too as students getting in fights is normal.

mtgrizrule said:
GrizWhiz said:
grizrgood said:
mtgrizrule said:

True about the Missoula PD. As for Cherry, he does have a pro career. Too bad his play has become enigmatic. Offensively, it is hard to know what to expect from him. His defense is NBA caliber. It is very hard to gauge his pro ceiling, or what route he needs to take. Making lame decisions anywhere does not help his path though. Come on Will, pull your head out of your ass, and live up to your potential!!

As for Deshields, I hope Wayne demotes him going into the season, and make him earn his playing time back. The GRIZ have Jamar and Dunn to run the offense. Dunn will push for rotational minutes from the get go, anyway.
Again, we should probably wait and see if Keron has actually done anything that warrants a "demotion."

Back