• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

1-AA All Star Classic

Agent 00Pike

Congratulations to Bush, Smith, McFarland and Snyder who have been chosen to represent the Griz in inaugural 1-AA All Star Classic (Dec. 30 at Fort Lauderdale). Also chosen from BSC were Iaone, Thomas, Swaggert and Toilolo from MSU, as well as a player each from ISU and NAU. A crying shame that Pitcher was injured as I am sure that injury is costing him some honors and recognition.
As far as the bracketing of the teams is concerned, any opinions? North vs. South or East vs. West. I personally would like to see a North/South lineup. :D Congratulations again to Griz All Stars!

I think it should be East vs. West. All the east coasters seem to think they have the stronger leagues. Why do you think the BSC only gets 2 teams in the playoffs? Maybe the side that wins gets to host/have the NC game on their coast the next year. What do all you e-grizers think? :wink:

BILLYBEAR said:
I think it should be East vs. West. All the east coasters seem to think they have the stronger leagues. Why do you think the BSC only gets 2 teams in the playoffs? Maybe the side that wins gets to host/have the NC game on their coast the next year. What do all you e-grizers think? :wink:
You might be onto something there! Thats a little bit like what major league baseball is doing now. I believe whatever league wins the all star game gets homefield advantage in the playoffs.

Actually East/West would be a pretty good team for the West. It would include the Big Sky, the Southland, the Gateway, and the Western Independents.

I would look for that to be a fairly good crop of players to choose from.

There aren't enough teams in the West. If you went East/West, you'd have Tennessee players on the West side.

Reading a link on the home page it appears that one team will be named team Robinson (Eddie Robinson, former Grambling coach), and team Payton (Walter Payton). So I suspect that the players are going to be mixed. I would rather hope they keep all the Griz on the same side and not split up and playing against each other!

Back