• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

'07 Appalachian State Or '13 NDSU

pussycatkillerz

DONOR
NDSU has put itself into a position to mimic ASU's trifecta.
While I don't believe Kansas State would be as big of a win as Michigan was, it would still be epic being Kansas State went 11-2 last season.

Can NDSU pull off the upset @ Kansas St., win the NC and tie the one and only Appalacian State trifecta?

Who's the better team?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8EXuzc1-P8[/youtube]

I don't think we will run the table this season, but still believe we are more than capable of winning a third Natty. I'm thinking a 9-2 regular season. This KSU game is really gonna give a great measuring stick as just how good we are....especially our defense. KSU has the best O-line in the Big 12 supposedly with all starters returning and 2-3 projected NFL draft picks from what I am reading about them. They will easily be the best team NDSU has ever played and the game will come down to thier all world O-line on our D-line, I believe they will get their yards between the twenties, but the big question is can we keep them out of the end zone. Secondarily our O-line on thier young D-line is the next biggest factor, because if we can't control the line of scrimmage and we get a lot of 3 and outs we cannot play our game and will be beaten badly. That bieng said I don't think we will be blown out, but more along the lines of 24-17, 31-17 type score......it won't shock me if we win, but with KSU's O-line I think the odds are against us. Since I don't see us running the table, unless we beat KSU my vote would have to go to the 07 Appy team, although I believe our defense overall is probably the one of if not the best ever in FCS.

Many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip. App State has their three-peat in the books. We'll see about NDSU. As we've seen before, some of it comes down to injuries and pure dumb luck.

The thing about NDSU is that their defense always puts them in a position to win, and their offense rarely makes mistakes.

ND State has a legit shot to knock off Kansas State. Though if they did it would not have the same shock factor as App State taking down Michigan. Now if Geo So. had beaten Alabama that might have met or beat Appalachian's achievement, yet that didn't happen.
:ugeek:

I don't think so. K-State will win. Bill Snyder has a great program going down there.

NDSU is going to lose and lose badly to K-State. NDSU is the best team in the FCS but K-State will be a much better team (from a coaching and preparation perspective) than Michigan was when App. St. beat them. Even if NDSU does win, the win will still be a far second to Appy beating Michigan.

The Michigan/App. St. game can't be topped unless something like what Grizz1982 suggests. It is the greatest upset in FCS history and one of the greatest in all of college football history. First time an FCS team beat a ranked FBS team; first time a top 5 ranked team dropped out of the top 25 as a result of 1 loss; resulted in allowing FCS teams to be a part of the top 25 polling apparatus. I go with App. St. on this one. There will be a rematch to be played next year. Something tells me there will be a different result with Hoke at the reigns.

K-State will beat NDSU, but NDSU is going to win its third chipper in a row. And I don't think it will be even close whoever the Bison play in Frisco.

havgrizfan said:
K-State will beat NDSU, but NDSU is going to win its third chipper in a row. And I don't think it will be even close whoever the Bison play in Frisco.
I think MSU will beat SMU but I doubt NDSU will three peat...lots of time between then and now...

cody45051 said:
NDSU is going to lose and lose badly to K-State. NDSU is the best team in the FCS but K-State will be a much better team (from a coaching and preparation perspective) than Michigan was when App. St. beat them. Even if NDSU does win, the win will still be a far second to Appy beating Michigan.

The Michigan/App. St. game can't be topped unless something like what Grizz1982 suggests. It is the greatest upset in FCS history and one of the greatest in all of college football history. First time an FCS team beat a ranked FBS team; first time a top 5 ranked team dropped out of the top 25 as a result of 1 loss; resulted in allowing FCS teams to be a part of the top 25 polling apparatus. I go with App. St. on this one. There will be a rematch to be played next year. Something tells me there will be a different result with Hoke at the reigns.
What makes you think K-State will be a much better team than Michigan was when App St. beat them? I believe they lost 9 of their starters on defense and a Heisman Trophy candidate at QB.

Latest posts

Back