• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Summer Practice Started Yesterday

mthoopsfan said:
Modern day college football is really year round, and demanding.

:yikes:

Must be tough to be the last one to know things about D1 football...my goodness...thanks Captain Obvious.

mthoopsfan said:

I will admit that I don't actually know what is allowed at summer practice at this point. Are they allowed to go up to full pads? Or is that not till fall camp?

ElrodGrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:

I will admit that I don't actually know what is allowed at summer practice at this point. Are they allowed to go up to full pads? Or is that not till fall camp?

Senior led - and typically strength coach is heavily involved. No pads.

SoldierGriz said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

Wasn't there a change this year that coaches can have direct involvement in a certain number of summer practices? Maybe I'm misremembering.

uofmman1122 said:
SoldierGriz said:
Wasn't there a change this year that coaches can have direct involvement in a certain number of summer practices? Maybe I'm misremembering.

Sweet, thanks to both of you for the info.

ElrodGrizzly said:
uofmman1122 said:

Well, I'm asking, I don't know if that's actually a thing. :lol:

Edit: Apparently the rule changed last year, and coaches can supervise 2 hours per week with players.

uofmman1122 said:
SoldierGriz said:

You are correct. They can have more involvement than in past. Don’t know the exact hours per week.

uofmman1122 said:
SoldierGriz said:

There was a change last year. Coaches are now involved in summer practices. I'm not sure how many, but definitely some.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Must be tough to be the last one to know things about D1 football...my goodness...thanks Captain Obvious.

Guess they can't fish all the time now.

uofmman1122 said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

Edit: Apparently the rule changed last year, and coaches can supervise 2 hours per week with players.

I did not know that. Thanks.

SoldierGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

There is a lot about football and Griz football that you don’t know. Yet, you keep spouting off. That’s why some of us have to correct you so much.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

There is a lot about football and Griz football that you don’t know. Yet, you keep spouting off. That’s why some of us have to correct you so much.

You correct nothing and no one. You are lost in your own reality. You know it - everyone knows it.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Can you give us more misinformation on how summer practices work? Or, all of the other misinformation you provide?-

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

Can you give us more misinformation on how summer practices work? Or, all of the other misinformation you provide?-

No. You'll get info when I spoon feed it to you...just like your dinner.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

No. You'll get info when I spoon feed it to you...just like your dinner.

What type of person has an avatar like yours:

"Living with my head up my rear, rent-free."

How childish is it to keep saying things like this:

"I spoon feed you."

"I'm your daddy."

"I live rent-free in your head."

The big difference between top FCS and the rest of the field is the quality of summer programs. Some of the FCS don't have summer programs, all on your own.

Back