• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dorell Thomas in portal

Does this have any repercussions for the older brother?

I remember that there was some talk last year about the two being a package deal.

On the eve of the transfer portal deadline. Gonna pray to god Dischon Thomas doesn’t enter the portal last minute. Fingers crossed!

oldrunner said:

I remember that there was some talk last year about the two being a package deal.
Idk the whole story, but I do know that Dorell was not heavily recruited coming out of high school. I had always thought that we used Dorell as a ploy to get Dischon to come to UM.

Griz til I die said:
oldrunner said:

Idk the whole story, but I do know that Dorell was not heavily recruited coming out of high school. I had always thought that we used Dorell as a ploy to get Dischon to come to UM.
At any rate, there are still a lot of quality players left in the portal and elsewhwere. It would certainly help if Dischon stays, but it is not the end of the world if he doesn't. As it stands, UM will have one of the top guard lines in the BSC. With the BSC being a guard dominated league, you really just need serviceable post players. What teams really need is reliable rebounders and defenders as post players. Dischon's strength seems to be his ability to step out and hit the outside shot. Bannon was more well rounded, but that is a rarity in the BSC.

Also, it seems like TD has been out recruiting guards and bigs. He certainly knows the needs of the team.

oldrunner said:
Griz til I die said:
At any rate, there are still a lot of quality players left in the portal and elsewhwere. It would certainly help if Dischon stays, but it is not the end of the world if he doesn't. As it stands, UM will have one of the top guard lines in the BSC. With the BSC being a guard dominated league, you really just need serviceable post players. What teams really need is reliable rebounders and defenders as post players. Dischon's strength seems to be his ability to step out and hit the outside shot. Bannon was more well rounded, but that is a rarity in the BSC.

Also, it seems like TD has been out recruiting guards and bigs. He certainly knows the needs of the team.

I think losing DT would be a fairly big hole. Obviously anything can happen in portal, but finding comparable 6’9 value this late I think would be difficult.

Also, I don’t know whether the kids that hit the portal are being run-off or leaving on their own, but I think common sense would say some of these kids are being run-off. Why not the same outrage for run-offs as people have for kids they think hit the portal voluntarily?

I watched Dorell’s video last year. Had a really nice-looking shot, but seemed a bit slow. Didn’t really see him playing defense in the film. Who knows if this will be a good thing or a bad thing, for both Dorell and the Griz. I hope it’s good for both.

Back