• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU Guard Beasley Takes a Shot

HookedonGriz

DONOR
At Coach Binford after entering portal…..hard to get minutes or extra attention in front of Darian White. From the article:

Her motivation for transferring, she said, is based on feeling disconnected from MSU’s style of play and from head coach Tricia Binford.

“That point guard and coach connection is big for me and she played in the WNBA, so that’s a huge reason that I did commit,” said Beasley, who has aspirations to play professionally also, most likely in Europe. “But I do feel like I was let down in multiple areas of just not really learning from her and growing from her.

“It didn’t necessarily go the way that I thought it might, but I don’t think that’s anything toward Coach Bin. I just think we didn’t necessarily jell in the sense that I thought we would, and that’s OK. It happens. So just onto the next step.”

mthoopsfan said:
Lots of Lady Cats in the Portal now.

Their first, third, and fifth leading scorers are now in the portal and their second leading scorer is graduating. They'll be a very different team next season but they still seem to have some young talent on their roster. Plus they'll likely have to grab a few from the portal.

mthoopsfan said:
Wow. I'm puzzled by this.

Darian White, sr
Ava Ranson, jr
Mia Hugles, so
Grace Beasley, sr
Leia Beattie, jr ... former Montana star Kelly (Pilcher) Beattie's daughter, I believe.

Is it the "sign of the times," or something else? Don't really want to speculate. I can understand White looking for a step up. Not so sure about the others.

grizzlyjournal said:
mthoopsfan said:

Darian White, sr
Ava Ranson, jr
Mia Hugles, so
Grace Beasley, sr
Leia Beattie, jr ... former Montana star Kelly (Pilcher) Beattie's daughter, I believe.

Is it the "sign of the times," or something else? Don't really want to speculate. I can understand White looking for a step up. Not so sure about the others.

Yes, Leia Beattie is Kellly Pilcher's daughter. And Karla Beatie's niece. She would have been a double-legacy for the Lady Griz. A major recruiting failure by Shannon.

grizzlyjournal said:
A major recruiting failure by Shannon.

One of the reasons that, huh, someone recruited whom they did, for all intents and purposes, seemingly, was because the ones recruited were deemed 'not' as talented, so to speak, as her daughters. So, how can one have her daughters playing if others recruited were better? Outside of a S. Stiles, that is. Couldn't avoid that one, I guess. But unfortunately, one of those daughters sustained a knee injury back in hs, and did subsequently take up a roster spot for two years without playing in any games whatsoever. Sorry to see any one's career ruined by injury, of course. Though it is strange, considering who stayed and who left. Maybe not so strange after all. At least, that's what I suspect.

So, if anything goes to trial over whatever, etc., etc., etc. Why not settle it all out of court? Give her a couple million severance pay since if it wasn't for her the LG wouldn't have been known about on the national level to begin with. Besides, after a couple hostings of some Regionals back in the 90s the Athletic Department at the dUMb said to the NCAA that they can't host another Regional in the women's NCAA Tournament because it was just 'too much work for them.' Yeah, right: too much work for them in promoting the economy of Missoula, hiring a bunch of high school kids to handle concessions and bringing on a bunch of senior citizens to handle the ushering. Why should the NCAA recognize dUMb anymore that dUMb could the hostings. You tell the NCAA to go f**k themselves, they'd do the same to you, right? Turn about is fair play.
I mean, what college/university in the USA would ever, ever turn down the chance to being recognized on the national level with their athletic departments? Why do they play the games to begin with? The dUMb did. And dUMb hasn't done a damn thing since. Now a new coaching staff and I wish them all the luck in the world in being a successful program.

You may have better contacts than me so I won't dispute your statement, but I have known people in the Athletic Department for 7 decades. And what I was told regarding NCAA Regionals is that the Adams Center seating capacity became too small after the 1999 remodel to host per NCAA requirements.

grizzlyjournal said:
mthoopsfan said:

Darian White, sr
Ava Ranson, jr
Mia Hugles, so
Grace Beasley, sr

Some of these may make sense, in this recent/modern era, but I wonder if there's any element of what Tom Izzo said recently:

"He said the waiver system that grants players immediate eligibility hurts them in the long run because they don't learn to become resilient."

"I'm not for it. I'm not for anything," Izzo said. "I just think we're hurting decisions that kids make."

"maybe it's because they're worried about beating somebody else out. We all had to beat people out ... and I think we're losing that. Where's the competitive edge?"

maroonandsilver said:
You may have better contacts than me so I won't dispute your statement, but I have known people in the Athletic Department for 7 decades. And what I was told regarding NCAA Regionals is that the Adams Center seating capacity became too small after the 1999 remodel to host per NCAA requirements.

In this instance, size does matter. Maroon is correct that the Adams Center was sized out of consideration.

WyomingGrizFan said:
grizzlyjournal said:
A major recruiting failure by Shannon.

One of the reasons that, huh, someone recruited whom they did, for all intents and purposes, seemingly, was because the ones recruited were deemed 'not' as talented, so to speak, as her daughters. So, how can one have her daughters playing if others recruited were better? Outside of a S. Stiles, that is. Couldn't avoid that one, I guess. But unfortunately, one of those daughters sustained a knee injury back in hs, and did subsequently take up a roster spot for two years without playing in any games whatsoever. Sorry to see any one's career ruined by injury, of course. Though it is strange, considering who stayed and who left. Maybe not so strange after all. At least, that's what I suspect.

So, if anything goes to trial over whatever, etc., etc., etc. Why not settle it all out of court? Give her a couple million severance pay since if it wasn't for her the LG wouldn't have been known about on the national level to begin with. Besides, after a couple hostings of some Regionals back in the 90s the Athletic Department at the dUMb said to the NCAA that they can't host another Regional in the women's NCAA Tournament because it was just 'too much work for them.' Yeah, right: too much work for them in promoting the economy of Missoula, hiring a bunch of high school kids to handle concessions and bringing on a bunch of senior citizens to handle the ushering. Why should the NCAA recognize dUMb anymore that dUMb could the hostings. You tell the NCAA to go f**k themselves, they'd do the same to you, right? Turn about is fair play.
I mean, what college/university in the USA would ever, ever turn down the chance to being recognized on the national level with their athletic departments? Why do they play the games to begin with? The dUMb did. And dUMb hasn't done a damn thing since. Now a new coaching staff and I wish them all the luck in the world in being a successful program.
Hey WyomingGrizFan: I did NOT write what you quote me above as writing.. My post above is clear, with NO mention of former coach Schweyen. Would you please correct this? Thanks, grizzlyjournal.

grizzlyjournal said:
WyomingGrizFan said:

Hey WyomingGrizFan: I did NOT write what you quote me above as writing.. My post above is clear, with NO mention of former coach Schweyen. Would you please correct this? Thanks, grizzlyjournal.

I quoted what I quoted. I put forth my interpretation over the preceeding years up to such a fiasco and since, If you don't like it, take it up with the Fifth Amendment. I have my right to an opinion, whether you like it or not.

Wyoming,

You attributed a quote to Grizzlyjournal that was actually written by maroonandsilver. That’s not a matter of “interpretation.” Journal politely asked you to correct your misquote.

Back