• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Indoor practice facility

Griz2k

DONOR
I saw that since this project has been delayed so long and with the rising cost of construction, there’s now like a $3 million shortfall for this facility. Anybody have any info on this?

At least we got a new museum though!

It’s inexcusable that it’s been delayed this long! Not sure whose fault it is, but it’s disgraceful that we find ourselves in this position! They better break ground by Summer or I’m gonna be pissed!

I thought it was delayed BECAUSE of the additional 3-4 million it was going to take. Wasn’t that stated publicly somewhere?

HookedonGriz said:
I thought it was delayed BECAUSE of the additional 3-4 million it was going to take. Wasn’t that stated publicly somewhere?

The athletic department is delaying the construction of the facility, Montana athletic director Kent Haslam said Monday. The aim now is to have it completed by October 2023 after previous estimates looked initially at November 2022 and then March 2023.

“I certainly hear a lot about supply-chain issues, and I think we’re all getting tired of hearing about supply-chain issues and distribution and logistics and all those things,” he said. “But we got to a point with electric transforms, the different products that were needed to build this facility that we would get it done and be up in March of 2023. So, you’re thinking why rush it, why spend more to get product in just to get it done in March just to take it right down in the spring.

Perhaps we just circle wagons around supply chain and call it a day.

HookedonGriz said:

Possible I suppose but I thought it was fully funded and ready to go....until it wasn't.

Griz2k said:
HookedonGriz said:

Possible I suppose but I thought it was fully funded and ready to go....until it wasn't.

I want to say $7 million was in place and ready to go, but then the costs jumped up from 7M to 10M, thus delaying it longer.

HookedonGriz said:
Griz2k said:

I want to say $7 million was in place and ready to go, but then the costs jumped up from 7M to 10M, thus delaying it longer.

Is it possible the prices continue to rise, and this thing becomes untenable? Doubt they are going to come down.

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Used to be able to get a three pack for $5 million.

Let me guess - you had to walk up hill both ways to get that three pack.

Yep, seven miles through sharknado-infested wildfire floodwaters, and we loved every minute of it. UM just needs to pick itself by its bootstraps and work hard.

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:
Let me guess - you had to walk up hill both ways to get that three pack.

Yep, seven miles through sharknado-infested wildfire floodwaters, and we loved every minute of it. UM just needs to pick itself by its bootstraps and work hard.
The informative contributions continue to abound. Headed to 17 pages of this?

SoldierGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

Is it possible the prices continue to rise, and this thing becomes untenable? Doubt they are going to come down.

My understanding is that a combination of rising costs and supply chain issues have caused the delay. The money was a small hiccup, but the supply chain issues are the main cause for the delay.

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Shit, I hope so. There was a project planned, costs went up, it hasn’t been completed yet, reasons were cited, and a timeline was provided by the AD. I thought it was over.

Now, I’m going on a fact finding mission so I can get to the bottom of this item of first impression for the world. I’m starting with the Physical Plant. What’s it trying to pull? Nobody ever questions it. I’d like to get in there and find some answers.

grizindabox said:
SoldierGriz said:

My understanding is that a combination of rising costs and supply chain issues have caused the delay. The money was a small hiccup, but the supply chain issues are the main cause for the delay.

Fingers crossed that once everything is secured, that the labor needed to handle the trades portion of the installs is available. That's not a slam dunk these days either.

uptopgriz said:
Laughable. The project was delayed because a major donor pulled out.

You supply no back up to your assertion, but I can't call BS because I have to wonder if you have a point, given that in Billings in the last few months the price of an 8' 2x4 has dropped from over $10 to $3.39 if you buy by the stick. Buy in bulk and save even more. 1/2" Sheet rock is down from $20/ 4x8 sheet to just over $9, if you buy 40 or more.

horribilisfan8184 said:
uptopgriz said:
Laughable. The project was delayed because a major donor pulled out.

You supply no back up to your assertion, but I can't call BS because I have to wonder if you have a point, given that in Billings in the last few months the price of an 8' 2x4 has dropped from over $10 to $3.39 if you buy by the stick. Buy in bulk and save even more. 1/2" Sheet rock is down from $20/ 4x8 sheet to just over $9, if you buy 40 or more.
He’s lying. I know for a fact that’s not true. He’s a troll and he’s just trying to be the center of attention.

Griz til I die said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
He’s lying. I know for a fact that’s not true. He’s a troll and he’s just trying to be the center of attention.

I get that, but since the only major construction material I know of that is still sky high is concrete, and with the competition between contractors for fewer jobs, it would seem "increased costs" shouldn't get the blame for delay.

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

poop, I hope so. There was a project planned, costs went up, it hasn’t been completed yet, reasons were cited, and a timeline was provided by the AD. I thought it was over.

Now, I’m going on a fact finding mission so I can get to the bottom of this item of first impression for the world. I’m starting with the Physical Plant. What’s it trying to pull? Nobody ever questions it. I’d like to get in there and find some answers.

The physical plant is a friggin relic and eyesore. They should just build a nuclear reactor under Jesse Hall to power campus. They could get some engineers from Butte, America to build it. Kem might be able to help as well as I understand he is a scientist of some flavor.

Back