• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Good OL' Grizzlies Collective - Fight On Montana

Adam H

You have been waiting for it.  We have more information on the Montana Grizzlies NIL collective. We have the great pleasure in talking to Toby Weida from Good Ol'Grizzlies Collective. He gives us backstory about how it was started and what has changed in the last year.  We dive into how the collective works and how IVOVI Sports works with the collective. You have to listen how this collective is helping the community of Missoula. Truly Amazing.

If you are wanting to donate check out the address below.

goodolgrizzlies.org

Apple:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/good-ol-grizzlies-collective/id1501297246?i=1000604302902

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/5gva5zekbA0UcLwheOSGMK?si=8zDVPYguT86z0p1TitnP_A

YouTube:
https://youtu.be/AJ3f4utXpec

Listen to it. Super informative and gives us as fans to help all players in the non profit or contact individual players for advertising. This is where we can separate ourselves from our competitors.

https://goodolgrizzlies.org/donation/

Full disclosure. I have no affiliation with this collective whatsoever. Here is the link to donate if you are interested.

grizatwork said:
This is where we can separate ourselves from our competitors.
I sense we're already separated from our competitors - and not in a good way.

This was a fantastic listen. I knew a lot about this because I had chatted directly with Toby early on and was trying to help him promote this concept. It sounds like he has it really dialed in now and I’m hoping we can all help him out. I never heard them address this in the podcast, is Toby taking a percentage of the incoming dollars as a management fee? I have no problem if he is as he has done quite a bit of work and continues to do a lot of work. I was just curious if anyone knew.

kemajic said:
grizatwork said:
This is where we can separate ourselves from our competitors.
I sense we're already separated from our competitors - and not in a good way.

So then Toby can count on your contribution to the collective to help reverse this trend?

krammer said:
That was a fantastic pod cast....very informative and worthwhile listen.....

Glad you liked it. Thank you for listening. I know doing the podcast I learned a lot from it. Hope the rest of Griz Nation does the same and we rally behind this collective.

grizatwork said:
Listen to it. Super informative and gives us as fans to help all players in the non profit or contact individual players for advertising. This is where we can separate ourselves from our competitors.
Glad that you liked it. Loved that we are helping the community.

HookedonGriz said:
Excited to listen to this. I feel like they need some major momentum and publicity.

Glad you are excited. They definitely need Griz Nation to step up to put this collective in a good place. Great Collective = Great players and Great team. Which we have already but with this new era of college sports we need to get with the times.

Adam H said:
HookedonGriz said:
Excited to listen to this. I feel like they need some major momentum and publicity.

Glad you are excited. They definitely need Griz Nation to step up to put this collective in a good place. Great Collective = Great players and Great team. Which we have already but with this new era of college sports we need to get with the times.

Is Toby taking a % of collected dollars for admin fees? Have no problem with that as he has put in a ton of work. But it would be good to know how much. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing. While I haven't listened to the podcast, I have it queued up for later. I'm sure I'll get a better understanding of the partnership idea, and where things are headed.

A question that perhaps is covered in the podcast. When you When you look at the NIL information for bozeman, you'll note a couple of options for donation, not just the levels of participation on GOG. They allow for as little as $5.00 monthly for a recurring membership gift, $60, $120 and $300 which for some might be more doable than the $500 entry price tag.

Do they plan on working in something along these lines?

Bok_Choi said:
Thanks for sharing. While I haven't listened to the podcast, I have it queued up for later. I'm sure I'll get a better understanding of the partnership idea, and where things are headed.

A question that perhaps is covered in the podcast. When you When you look at the NIL information for bozeman, you'll note a couple of options for donation, not just the levels of participation on GOG. They allow for as little as $5.00 monthly for a recurring membership gift, $60, $120 and $300 which for some might be more doable than the $500 entry price tag.

From what Toby said you can do any dollar amount that you want reoccurring or one time.

Adam H said:
Bok_Choi said:

From what Toby said you can do any dollar amount that you want reoccurring or one time.

Thanks. I see they updated the options.

I just received an email via QB club with a survey asking NIL questions and how likely I would be to support various aspects.

It got me thinking. Is it more beneficial to have multiple collectives for Grizzly athletics or to just have one big combined collective.

Does it make sense to have them broken up for individual sports? To me it does because for example. I think having a dominant football program and basketball programs help your brand more than any marketing you can do. I experienced that for myself when I was in school at Montana Through the mid 2000s. So I would be more likely to donate to football and basketball and less for say softball.

Does having one single large collective make it easier to plan and push money out? Lots of questions. I could see where as these collectives gain traction where multiple people would see running one as a good income stream. But ultimately leading to a diluted goal of overall program success.

So I listened to the interview and I would say first. Thank you to Toby. He’s in the right direction and has put a ton of work into this.

That being said what he HS created is more of a sports agency for college athletes which seems different to what the models say for a large Texas school are using.

The IVOVI and GoodOlGrizzly businesses are more NIL economy services rather than what the bigger schools are doing which is using NIL money to help get kids come to their programs. Now the use in recruiting is illegal but that’s what the functions of true NIL Collectives are carefully but affective y being used for. I’m talking with coworkers who are boosters at large Texas schools….their collective really function more as banks….collect money distribute money. Money in money out.

I think to properly set one of these up it needs a financial dept, legal department, marketing dept. It’s a company on its own and I just didn’t get the sense from Toby that this is what we’re getting. And we need to get it right. Montana with its fan base and following at this level would benefit from a properly functioning Collective more than most programs.

Back