• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rohrbach Flying Away

Good for him and I hope his dream comes true sometime in the near future. Some on this board could take a lesson from Coach Hauck about admiring our veterans and those who currently serve. Embarrassing comments lately from some posters.

We admire all our people that serve in the military. Pat making the decision to go serve his country makes us very proud of him and proud he came out of our program," said Hauck.

Wish him the best. Got to take those opportunities when they come and glad that his future outside of the game is bright. Best of luck. Enjoyed last season.

As a retired Army guy I applaud him wanting to serve our nation. Less than 1% of our population has served this nation in uniform.

As a veteran of the USAF and cousin of this great young man, I could not be prouder of what he accomplished in such a short time here at UM and what I'm sure he'll accomplish serving our great nation. He'll be missed on the gridiron, but bigger things await. Aim High buddy!

"Off we go into the wild blue yonder...."

Copper Griz said:
Good for him and I hope his dream comes true sometime in the near future. Some on this board could take a lesson from Coach Hauck about admiring our veterans and those who currently serve. Embarrassing comments lately from some posters.

We admire all our people that serve in the military. Pat making the decision to go serve his country makes us very proud of him and proud he came out of our program," said Hauck.

Name one person on this board who doesn't respect veterans or those who serve…

Fahque said:
Copper Griz said:

Read some of the recent threads. Specifically with Soldier Griz in them. No need for me to name anybody.

Copper Griz said:
Fahque said:

Read some of the recent threads. Specifically with Soldier Griz in them. No need for me to name anybody.

Well, if you’re talking about me, Soldier and I have developed a rapport that few, if any, would understand. If you’re talking about others, then I have no clue about it.

Also, great on Patrick for chasing his dream.

Think how cool it will be when he returns and is piloting the flyover at the Griz/Cat game!! I hope that happens...

I think ASU will get him to punt for them, unless they have a very good punter. Why doesn’t he transfer to the Air Force Academy?

I think ASU will get him to punt for them, unless they have a very good punter. Why doesn’t he transfer to the Air Force Academy?

Copper Griz said:
Fahque said:

You confuse lack of liking Soldier for disrespect for the military.

He would rather not play football for anyone but the griz which he did have a great year. He wants to focus on Getting his degree and Air Force ROTC and serving his country. UM only offers Army ROTC but they kinda have a sideways way for the air guard unit but he wanted to go all in and get his 20+ in the Air Force. Hauck asked if he could still punt while he is here this semester to help the return guys and he said absolutely.

grizare#1 said:
He would rather not play football for anyone but the griz which he did have a great year. He wants to focus on Getting his degree and Air Force ROTC and serving his country. UM only offers Army ROTC but they kinda have a sideways way for the air guard unit but he wanted to go all in and get his 20+ in the Air Force. Hauck asked if he could still punt while he is here this semester to help the return guys and he said absolutely.

Selfless. Awesome.

We should be so lucky to be in a position to have passions to pursue, the wisdom to prioritize importance and the courage to put the wheels in motion. Best of luck.

Awesome move for this young man! I am glad he made the correct service choice! Dreams of flying fighter jets are dreams many have, but very few succeed, keep an open mind. As a veteran of the Air Force of over 38+ years, I know if he wants to have a successful career in the US Air Force, he shall!

Go Blue!
Go Griz!

He sounds like my son who is currently flying F-16’s in South Korea. He started as an ROTC cadet in Bozeman, was awarded a pilots spot and was stationed at Laughlin Air Force Base in Del Rio Texas. Graduated from the T6 into a T38 and on drop day landed in the F16. Trained in Tucson Arizona and is currently in South Korea with the Wolf Pack. All his life he wanted to fly but after 911 he focused on his career getting a private pilots license in high school. Best part of my story is he is forever a University of Montana Griz fan. I hope that with my son having to to a one year IP(instructor pilot) he will run into Patrick and chew his ass for hooking a ride. Two Montana kids would be cool. Thank you for your service Patrick and as airman say “until then……CYA!

Back