• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Basketball 2023-24 Schedule Tracker

Griz til I die

DONOR
Welcome to the 2023-24 Griz Basketball Schedule Tracker! I will once again take the lead on uncovering our complete 23-24 schedule throughout the course of Spring and Summer, leading up to the eventual announcement of our entire schedule sometime in August!

Finalized as of September 28, here's what we know:

November 7 vs. Northwest Indian College
November 10 @ Oregon
November 15 vs. UC Davis
November 16 vs. North Dakota State
November 24 @ Houston
November 29 @ Nevada
December 2 vs. San Jose State
December 5 vs. MSU Northern
December 8 vs. Montana Tech
December 17 @ San Jose State
December 19 @ UC Davis
December 28 @ Weber State*
December 30 @ Idaho State*
January 3 @ North Dakota State
January 6 vs. South Dakota
January 11 vs. Northern Colorado*
January 13 vs. Northern Arizona*
January 20 @ Montana State*
January 22 vs. Weber State*
January 25 @ Portland State*
January 27 @ Sacramento State*
February 1 vs. Idaho*
February 3 vs. Eastern Washington*
February 8 @ Northern Arizona*
February 10 @ Northern Colorado*
February 17 vs. Montana State*
February 22 vs. Sacramento State*
February 24 vs. Portland State*
February 29 @ Eastern Washington*
March 2 @ Idaho*
March 4 vs. Idaho State*

https://twitter.com/TheD1Docket/status/1633810183187996674?s=20
https://twitter.com/TheD1Docket/status/1633810184773435393?s=20
https://twitter.com/TheD1Docket/status/1633810186270851072?s=20
https://twitter.com/TheD1Docket/status/1633810187638243328?s=20
For those curious what the D1 Docket currently has for Big Sky non-conf games, here's the full list he released this morning! Like I said, his master spreadsheet should be released shortly after the conclusion of the NCAA Tournament!

Alright just a quick update. The College Basketball season has officially come to an end and the first updates are beginning to come in as Jon Rothstein and Rocco Miller have officially turned their attention to next season and non-conference schedule updates. Expect the first few updates on the Griz within the next 2 weeks or so I would say. Once we get to May they will start flying in at a rapid pace! Enjoy the offseason everybody!

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1648393965568139270?s=20
Great job by the Big Sky and Summit League to continue the challenge series. Each team will get 1 home and 1 road game as part of the challenge series. From the sounds of it, I would say every team from both leagues will get to participate and not just the 4 teams that it's been for like the last 6 years. The one thing I don't like is the early January timeline for the games. You seriously couldn't carve out time in early December or late November to do the series? This does mean they will have to re-work the conference schedule and I bet we revert back to having to play 2 conference games in early December or they make everybody play 2 more Monday games. Regardless, I'm excited that the 2 leagues renewed the agreement for another 3 years. Takes some of the pressure off of non-conference scheduling. Excited to see who we draw and how they determine the matchups!

https://twitter.com/BigSkyConf/status/1648401024464596992?s=20
"The matchups will be determined annually using data from past seasons NET rankings and regular-season conference finishes, along with consideration for the prior season matchups. The matchups for next season will be announced at a later date."

You seriously couldn't carve out time in early December or late November to do the series? This does mean they will have to re-work the conference schedule and I bet we revert back to having to play 2 conference games in early December or they make everybody play 2 more Monday games.

The vibe I got last year was that these games reduced the window for conference teams to schedule road money games, and this was a concession to allow the conference have to two guaranteed games while at the same time increasing non-conference flexibility for BSC teams to schedule.

The other part of is that the conference tournament for the BSC is March 9-13 next year, and not 4-8th as it was this year. There is another week available for scheduling and it keeps the conference season at 9 weekish if you start the week of January 7th.

Grizfan-24 said:
You seriously couldn't carve out time in early December or late November to do the series? This does mean they will have to re-work the conference schedule and I bet we revert back to having to play 2 conference games in early December or they make everybody play 2 more Monday games.

The vibe I got last year was that these games reduced the window for conference teams to schedule road money games, and this was a concession to allow the conference have to two guaranteed games while at the same time increasing non-conference flexibility for BSC teams to schedule.

The other part of is that the conference tournament for the BSC is March 9-13 next year, and not 4-8th as it was this year. There is another week available for scheduling and it keeps the conference season at 9 weekish if you start the week of January 7th.

From Gogriz.com:

This season, the challenge will be played on January 3 and 6, 2024. Montana will open Big Sky play the prior week and take a brief pause for the challenge before resuming the conference schedule.

https://twitter.com/montanagrizbb/status/1654533080298967041?s=46&t=ttv81ny-1m_P0TsbeumBnw
Finally, we got some non-conference opponents! Big Sky-Summit League opponents have been announced and we I’ll go to NDSU for the second consecutive year on January 3, and we will host South Dakota on January 6. It’s been a while since we’ve played USD, but that’s a good home game. I’m disappointed they’re making us play at NDSU 2 years in a row, but such is life!

I can confirm that the Zootown Classic is once again happening sometime in late November. They have the field finalized but they're waiting on a signature to get back to them. Hoping to have opponents and dates sometime this week!

I was wondering. Is it allowable for Division I schools to play a Division II school on the Division II's court? Like an Exhibition Game at Billings between the Griz and MSU-Billings. Perhaps the LG as well? Then it would be an exhibition Game, then, now wouldn't it? How is it an Exhibition Game if played on your own home court? Manner of semantics?

Boy has the struggle been real. I've been doing this for 3 years now and this is by far the toughest offseason I've had trying to uncover games for the Griz. I've reached out to so many people who have either not responded or can't give any info out right now. We are midway through June and we only know of 2 opponents. I'll keep everyone posted but man I can't believe how hard it's been this offseason. I've never seen anything like it!

https://twitter.com/roccomiller8/status/1669717766968942592?s=46&t=ttv81ny-1m_P0TsbeumBnw
Hallelujah! We finally have some scheduling news! We will play at Nevada on Wednesday November 29. Nevada was an NCAA tourney team last year. They lost in the first four to ASU. The Wolfpack were hit by graduation and to my knowledge they haven’t done anything significant in the portal so they should take a step back, but they are coached by Steve Alford so you never know. This feels like a winnable game to me. I think we match up with them pretty well! I’m assuming this is a money game as the tweet says nothing about it being a home and home. Also, is this the first time we’ve played Nevada since the 06 tournament win?

uptopgriz said:
Griz also play Houston and Oregon.
I was wondering if we were gonna play Oregon. We’ve consistently played them every other year, and it felt like a pretty safe bet that we would play them again this season. I’d be happy to add both of those opponents to the top of the page if you’d happen to know the source and the possible dates of the games.

https://twitter.com/BigSkyConf/status/1671186240186781696?s=20
The Women's Basketball Conference schedule was just released, meaning that the Men's will likely be released tomorrow! However it's not too hard to figure out the Men's schedule as the Men's will be the inverse of the Women's. Brutal draw for the Men as they'll open up conference play on the road at the likely preseason favorites, Weber State on December 28. Just a reminder that every team in the conference will play 2 conference games on 12/28 and 12/30 and then the Big Sky - Summit League Challenge will be the following week on 1/3 and 1/6. Some other notable dates: We will play @ msu on January 20 and then host msu on February 17. Conference play will conclude on March 4. Really appreciate the Big Sky getting this out much quicker then they did last year. The top of the thread has been updated with the Men's conference schedule!

https://twitter.com/BigSkyConf/status/1671201330919251969?s=20
https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/1671201629071360000?s=20
And now, here's the official release for the Men's schedule. Our work is far from over though as we still have 10 non-conference games to uncover. Working diligently on that for all of you. Hoping to have the Zootown Classic opponents by next week!

The first month of your conference schedule looks brutal. I guess that the good part of that is the second half looks much better. I'm really liking the challenge games the first week of January. It's good to see our Conf. Comish getting involved to help with scheduling. That may be the only way to save what is left of college basketball. Goodness knows that the NCAA will never do anything to fix what they have already broken. The NCAA does only what the P5 schools tell them to do.

oldrunner said:
The first month of your conference schedule looks brutal. I guess that the good part of that is the second half looks much better. I'm really liking the challenge games the first week of January. It's good to see our Conf. Comish getting involved to help with scheduling. That may be the only way to save what is left of college basketball. Goodness knows that the NCAA will never do anything to fix what they have already broken. The NCAA does only what the P5 schools tell them to do.

:clap: Agree 100% about NCAA failing to require non-conf scheduling parity.

Griz til I die said:
I can confirm that the Zootown Classic is once again happening sometime in late November. They have the field finalized but they're waiting on a signature to get back to them. Hoping to have opponents and dates sometime this week!

Maybe, still struggling to get teams to come to Missoula.

uptopgriz said:
Griz til I die said:

Maybe, still struggling to get teams to come to Missoula.
I have heard it's happening, they're just waiting for one of the teams to return the contract and it's expected sometime shortly

Back