• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GrizLax vs the scats

alabamagrizzly

This Friday under the lights of Wa-Griz at 7:30pm. The Griz lacrosse team has started the season 5-0 and are looking to carry that momentum vs the scats Fri night and Idaho on Sun at noon. For those who are wondering about Marcus Knight, he’s played in 4 of the 5 games while scoring 2 goals, one assist, and five ground balls won. For those who don’t know, like I didn’t, a ground ball is when the ball is lose on the ground and it’s being fought for by opposing players. The player that scoops it up gets a “GB” stat because it’s a very important part of the game. The team leaders in these stats are 24 GB(#27 Sr Jace Jarvis), 8 goals(#33 So Aiden Havens), and 5 assists(#8 So Miles Hess and #39 Fr Preston Stewart)
Go GrizLax!

alabamagrizzly said:
This Friday under the lights of Wa-Griz at 7:30pm. The Griz lacrosse team has started the season 5-0 and are looking to carry that momentum vs the scats Fri night and Idaho on Sun at noon. For those who are wondering about Marcus Knight, he’s played in 4 of the 5 games while scoring 2 goals, one assist, and five ground balls won. For those who don’t know, like I didn’t, a ground ball is when the ball is lose on the ground and it’s being fought for by opposing players. The player that scoops it up gets a “GB” stat because it’s a very important part of the game. The team leaders in these stats are 24 GB(#27 Sr Jace Jarvis), 8 goals(#33 So Aiden Havens), and 5 assists(#8 So Miles Hess and #39 Fr Preston Stewart)
Go GrizLax!

Awesome. Will be fun to see Marcus play lacrosse. I have heard he has had some limited time initially in the early games they had, but that he is looking pretty good.

Kobezoey said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Go GrizLax!

Awesome. Will be fun to see Marcus play lacrosse. I have heard he has had some limited time initially in the early games they had, but that he is looking pretty good.

He’ll be wearing #22. I’m sure it’s taken him a few games to get back in game shape but he should do pretty well I think. I wonder if they’ll notice an increase in attendance with him on the roster. These will be their first home games of the year after traveling to Washington and Minnesota the last 2 weekends.

Here’s a link to the team website with schedule, roster, and stats amongst a lot of other good info on the Griz lacrosse team.

http://grizlax.com/

Montana is the new #1 in the nation
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/mcla-week-2-polls-montana-takes-down-no-1-in-dii-virginia-tech-strengthens-spot-in-di/60827

New Balance Division II Coaches Poll – Week 2
1. Montana 653 (20)
2. Rhode Island 634 (5)
3. St. Thomas 629 (2)
4. Grand Valley State 544
5. Kennesaw State 506
6. Utah State 478
7. Missouri State 468
8. UC San Diego 447
9. UNC-Charlotte 435
10. Cal State San Marcos 426
11. Montana State 388
12. North Dakota State 350
13. Florida Gulf Coast 344
14. Wake Forest 322
15. College of Idaho 302
16. Dayton 295
17. Florida Atlantic 217
18. UC Davis 193
19. Miami 190
20. Air Force Academy 176
21. Minn.-Duluth 149
22. St. John’s 137
23. Coastal Carolina 131
24. Northwest Nazarene 121
25. Western Washington 56
Receiving votes: Bridgewater State (38), Northern Arizona (37), San Diego (33), Georgia Southern (32), Utah Tech (15), Baylor (9), MSU Denver (6), Loyola Marymount (5), Washington-Mo. (4), North Florida (4), Chico State (1).

After knocking off #1 ranked St Tomas, the Griz are now the #1 ranked team in the country at the D2 level.

https://mcla.us/news/2023/03/d-ii-poll-montana-makes-move

mtgrizzly said:
Montana is the new #1 in the nation
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/mcla-week-2-polls-montana-takes-down-no-1-in-dii-virginia-tech-strengthens-spot-in-di/60827

New Balance Division II Coaches Poll – Week 2
1. Montana 653 (20)
2. Rhode Island 634 (5)
3. St. Thomas 629 (2)
4. Grand Valley State 544
5. Kennesaw State 506
6. Utah State 478
7. Missouri State 468
8. UC San Diego 447
9. UNC-Charlotte 435
10. Cal State San Marcos 426
11. Montana State 388
12. North Dakota State 350
13. Florida Gulf Coast 344
14. Wake Forest 322
15. College of Idaho 302
16. Dayton 295
17. Florida Atlantic 217
18. UC Davis 193
19. Miami 190
20. Air Force Academy 176
21. Minn.-Duluth 149
22. St. John’s 137
23. Coastal Carolina 131
24. Northwest Nazarene 121
25. Western Washington 56
Receiving votes: Bridgewater State (38), Northern Arizona (37), San Diego (33), Georgia Southern (32), Utah Tech (15), Baylor (9), MSU Denver (6), Loyola Marymount (5), Washington-Mo. (4), North Florida (4), Chico State (1).

Counting the others reviving votes, the Griz play or have played 10 teams on that list. They’ve already beaten W Wash, St Thomas, and Minn-Duluth and will play the scats this Fri. They’ll also play Utah St, UC San Diego, Cal State San Marcos, UC Davis, NDSU, College of Idaho, and MSU-Denver.

I know this probably gets asked a fair amount, but where are most of our players coming from? Assume Montana hasn't implemented Lacrosse as a high school sport.

PhxGriz said:
I know this probably gets asked a fair amount, but where are most of our players coming from? Assume Montana hasn't implemented Lacrosse as a high school sport.

https://mcla.us/team/montana/2023/roster.html

The answer is EVERYWHERE

PhxGriz said:

They get a lot of out of state kids but there is quite a few good players from MT. It is not a sanctioned high school sport but it is a club sport and the popularity keeps growing here in the state. I am Head Coach for one of the High School girls team in the state and our season is getting ready to get going.

AZDoc said:
PhxGriz said:

https://mcla.us/team/montana/2023/roster.html

The answer is EVERYWHERE

Nice. Thank you for the link.

mtgrizzly said:
PhxGriz said:

They get a lot of out of state kids but there is quite a few good players from MT. It is not a sanctioned high school sport but it is a club sport and the popularity keeps growing here in the state. I am Head Coach for one of the High School girls team in the state and our season is getting ready to get going.

Cool. Good luck on your upcoming season!

http://grizlax.com/video

So not sure how well it will work since this will be the 1st time I’m trying it but this is supposed to be a live feed of the game. It says it’s not starting tell 8 though so not sure if it’s a delayed feed or the game is just starting a half hour later then scheduled.

PhxGriz said:

Montana has an extensive high school lacrosse league across the state.

Reminder the Griz Vs Cats game is tonight . Game time 7:30pm with live coverage starting at 7pm via http://grizlax.com/video

Back